Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-08-22, 03:17 PM  
alisoncooks

I enjoy so many of the channels mentioned here!
Moving Mangoes
Lively Ladies
Improved Health
Reps to the Rhythm

Off to check out some of the others!
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 03:53 PM  
mandie123

Today,so far I've done Lucy Wyndham read walking workout,Amy beach house 30 min barre,Yoga with Joy,and a 20 minute Courtney Anderson workout on the beach(new to me).Will do a pilates tonight,so many I want to try!Love to try CG,but I'am just starting to add in weights and I think she would be to hard for me.
Old 01-08-22, 07:07 PM  
manleym

cjayd thanks for the mention of Courtney Anderson. I haven't heard of her so it will be fun exploring her offerings.

buffmama, kaykay reminds me so much of Anna. I'm subscribed to both of their channels and on my Subscriptions home page I can barely tell them apart. They look similar, their workouts seem similar. I need to try some of hers too.

gig I find that most workouts labeled "HIIT" on Youtube are not really HIIT, or are very doable. I think most YT instructors are adding HIIT to the title because that's the in word right now. I say this because you might be surprised at what you can do.

I also like Kat Gates-Buettner for step. And Amy Bento Ross has Studio Ross which has some good workouts.

I'm part of another check-in so I'm just going to paste what I posted there. BTW, check-in groups are the BEST! I love the friendships we've developed because it's about more than just the workouts.

Wednesday - Caroline's Only The Glutes Workout with Dumbbells EPIC Endgame Day 3 This just FLEW!! LOVED!! I used Cathe’s green band so if you're looking for a workout for Cathe's bands this would be a good one! Each complex is 3 minutes of 2 exercises. Caroline emphasizes quality over quantity and the finisher is 100 Banded Hip Thrusts. I also added on her 20 Minute Glute Workout with Ankle Weights (Optional) Knee Friendly. It was a great add-on and a real burner after the other workout.

Thursday - CL #54 80s Style Cardio With Low Impact Blasts. I wanted a cardio workout since I'm doing Caroline's strength and this fit the bill. We had a cold front move in so I was feeling creaky in my bones and didn't have alot of umph. This was a fun workout and not super intense but did get my HR up.

Friday - 5 Parks Yoga - Morning Jungle Flow Yoga Class Yoga Retreat Series, which felt GREAT! I needed it after feeling so stiff. Then I did Caroline's Revolve Dumbbell Full Body Circuits Workout EPIC Endgame Day 4. Like alot of her total body workouts, this is PHA style and another great total body. The finisher was 100 Bodyweight Sumo Squats. Since these workouts are 45 minute-ish I like doing add-ons to round it out to an hour. I did her Dumbbell HIIT Workout at Home 15 Minutes, which was perfect! It's metabolic moves so you use lighter weights but faster reps. The finisher is 30 sec burpees. And I think I've found my new favorite stretch - Guided by Angie 10 Min Cool Down + Stretch- end your workout right! The scenery is breathtaking and I liked all of the moves. She doesn't talk or cue, but displays the current and next move (title only - no preview) by the countdown timer. I'm going to try to remember to do this stretch more often. FWIW, I always skip Caroline's cool downs because I don't like watching the screen while stretching and cooling down. I want some sort of cueing (verbal or on the screen) to know what I should be doing and what's coming next.

Today I did CDornerFitness Live Step Aerobics Workout Fast Basic Step Choreography 136-138 BPM #78, which was alot of fun! The music was great! I liked that the choreography wasn't difficult but the beat fast enough to get a really good workout. Since it was about 45 minutes I added on Step Fit with Bronwyn 25 Minute Beginner/ Intermediate Step Workout Part I. It was good for cool down or an quick, easy workout.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 08:06 PM  
gigi

manleym - I agree about a lot of the "hiit" workouts on YouTube. My problem with HR's HiiT is the plank work. I have to be careful with my left shoulder. I'm not sure if I'll try her day 5 her hiit and abs workout or sub other cardio for tomorrow's workout.

I just finished Unilateral Legs Day 4. It was ridiculously awesome. My heart rate got up and I needed extra rest breaks. I just love her unilateral leg workouts so far. I did the unilateral leg workout from Focus before I started HR12Week2.0. Edited to add that I did a 10 minite Group Centergy Stretch that was absolutely delightful! (Mossa)

I adore Amy Bento, though I have not done her workouts in a long while. She posted a recovery workout today. She had COVID but said she did not have a bad case. But, of course, her cardiovascular system is suffering. I adore CDorner Fitness (especially her step workouts), though the constant chatter started to aggravate me a bit....LOL!

HDW introduced me to MOSSA workouts. I have a 45 day free trial and will most likely end up paying for a membership.
Old 01-08-22, 08:07 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitis View Post
Friday Evening:
Reps to the Rhythm with Keoni Tamayo
HIIT Walk Dance – 2800 Steps (21m)
(I was tired and wanted a quick walking workout -- this 21m workout is more energetic than some of Keoni's other workouts -- I loved it! )

Saturday Morning:
Improved Health (geared for beginners/seniors)
1960's Oldies but Goodies Walking Workout (23m)
(I love oldies -- original music -- absolutely fabulous! I only did the cardio portion and skipped the beginner strength portion. Music by Van Morrison, Supremes, Aretha Franklin, Jackson 5, Monkees, Hollies, and more! )
Those sound like fun workouts! I have not done the instructors mentioned but I've seen their workouts and they make me smile. I love when instructors are having fun and enjoying the music they pick for their workouts!
Old 01-09-22, 06:18 PM  
gigi

I just finised MOSSA Blast 5 30 minutes and Cenergy 4 30 Minutes (left out the major working part, salutations, because my body and my brain screamed, "No!"). This was a sub for day 5 of HR. I may or may not start week 2 tomorrow. I am sore. I MUST work on nutrition for recovery. I hope everyone has a great week!
HDW - thank you for the MOSSA recommendation! I've done Les Mills on and off. What I like about MOSSA over Les Mills:

- the instructors seem more relatable
- a cleaner set
- I can see clearly what the instructors are doing, including the modifications
Old 01-09-22, 08:45 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Glad you like Mossa. I love it too, but it doesn't get a lot of traction here. I love their cardio! I'm usually sore after cardio lol.

I did Heather cardio and abs (day 5) on Sunday. I'm thinking doing what you did -- sub Heather's cardio with Mossa.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 09:22 AM  
alisoncooks

Monday:
Started with Jessica Smith’s new Cardio Core/slider workout but bailed after 15 minutes. For some reason, sliders kill my lower back. Weak core.

So I did a 10 minute upper body from Kaleigh Cohen
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i7h_35J3XmI

…and 10 minute lower body workout.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SRDZ4lt4cfE

And then I added a SI Joint Pain stretch.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Vzuvx3nrI

ETA: added the “5 minute Silly Arms” from Moving Mango (made my teens do it, so I did it with them, lol).
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 04:19 PM  
jetlitis

This morning:

Robin Chapman: Kickboxing (20m)*
Aqua Jade: Beach Boys Dance Workout (12m) **

*Robin Chapman (RC) is a kickboxing instructor on YT. This workout wasn't one of my favs by RC. She was alone in this workout, and I think I prefer her hour-long workouts with her background exercisers.

**I usually love this Beach Boys Dance Workout by Aqua Jade as I've done it several times, but today, it just wasn't fun for me -- IDK.
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 06:09 PM  
gigi

I just finished HR's Day 6 Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders Supersets. This one had a good cardio factor as well. I modified quite a bit in this one (except the straight up weight work) but felt the burn, especially in my triceps and shoulders. I felt the warm up for this particular workout was exceptional as was the stretch.

HDW - I was sore after MOSSA.

allisoncooks - slider workouts are no joke. That core has to be tight.

jetitus - you gave me another instructor to check out! Kickboxing used to be a favorite workout!

Well, I had a good Monday but I'm glad to be home with the workout done. I'm off to shower than relax a bit before and early bed time. A couple of IEP meetings this week to get ready for which means I'll get to school earlier than my normal early. I hope your Monday's were great! I'm looking forward to a three day weekend next weekend!

Tags
bobandbrad