Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-03-22, 09:24 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Jab, Punch and Crunch - 35min.
GHUTV Move Barre Legs - 20min.

I really liked today's workouts. Barre Legs was short but deadly. Loved it!

It's 3F right now and feels like -4F but sunny. I love this kind of weather and feel my best when it's really cold out.

Hope everyone has a gread day!
Old 01-03-22, 09:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Super Fast Body Blast

Blessful Body - New Year's Moving Vision - which was essentially a Pilates-Fusion style workout - there was some upper body, some abs and some lower body. I am finding that I need to avoid any type of "curling" movement in my spine - so many Pilates exercises need to be modified to avoid those rounded back postures. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing - but I figure why do something that is going to aggravate my back. I did find substitutes to do! I signed up for a $1/1 week trial at Blessful Body. I have subscribed in the past, I like Ky but eventually get bored w/ her stuff, but I felt the need to do one of her routines today. I will probably cancel before I'm charged the $24/month fee. These sites are just to expensive unless you are going to be a regular/daily user!

Carol - that is a good idea about scheduling rest days. I generally don't take any either - but I do pretty light workouts over all.

Buffmama - glad you settled on a challenge!

Brenda - I hope you feel better soon. I know the home improvement stuff will be worth it in the end - just have to go through some pain to get there. Sort of like life, LOL!

I do plan to do Man Flow Yoga - Mission : Daily Yoga today - it is a 12 min stretch. I will be able to squeeze that in somewhere. Jessica Valent is also putting up 5 min routines all week.

Hope everyone has a nice day - start to the first work week in 2022!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 09:49 AM  
donnamp

Dana - you are getting a lot of use out of GHUTV!! it is snowing here today - and very gray - you would love it, LOL! Do you like cold gray days or cold sunny days or both?

Donna
Old 01-03-22, 08:31 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workout was

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Strength with Dwayne 1/3/22 - 30 minutes

This was a new to me instructor, but I think he's been on S &F for a while. This was a straight up strength workout with only a few exercises - all lower body today. Each exercise was done for 75 seconds, then there was a thirty second rest and then you repeated the exercise for another 75 seconds. Movements were very slow and deliberate including getting up and down from the floor. I could hear the music and even recognized some of it from other workouts.

I intended to add on some pilates, but I got involved with taking down some of our Christmas stuff.

Nice job ladies with all your workouts!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 08:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on, during lunch:

Lucy Wyndham-Read 7 Min Workout to Lose Belly Fat - this is part of her New Year's challenge - you are to repeat this workout for 7 days - not sure I could do that, but LWR does have a nice variety of 7 min workouts that work well for "extra movement" at lunch time.

Man Flow Yoga - Gentle Morning Stretches - these stretches could be done at any time of day - a good break from sitting, It was only 12 minutes.

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Yoga Tone

Blessful Body -Pilates Complete Core - this was a nice variety of exercises. Nothing special or extraordinary

Jessica Valent - Sciatica routine - still dealing w/ back pain - and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. This did seem to help a bit.

Our plumbing work starts today! I'm not really planning a formal rotation until it is over - and possibly until my painting work is over, too, but I think that will depend on when the painters can come. But I want low key and low stress while having this work done.

Nice work, Carol!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-04-22, 08:48 AM  
buffmama

Balanced to the Core Day 2/21 Strength Challenge
The Girl with the Pilates Mat 10 min Standing Barre

Liked both. Gretchen's (Balanced) cues are really good.
Old 01-05-22, 06:34 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout for me on Tuesday. I spent the day taking down and putting away the remainder of our Christmas decorations, indoor and out. Then I paid bills and made a grocery run. Can you tell I start back to work today?

Hoping for a workout tonight.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 07:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The plumbing work went smoothly yesterday - they were here for 11 hours - most of it is done, they are coming back to finish one bathroom and clean up. I have giant holes in my ceiling though - but we were planning on some painting work anyway - so all will be well....eventually. I can't complain though - it was something we talked about doing for years and put off b/c of the expense, inconvenience and dread. So, at least the inconvenience and dread is now out of the way.

Today's workout was a short one b/c I was tired and wanted to make sure I was showered, dressed and ready for whenever the plumbers come

Ellen - Gentle Barre

I hope to add something else on today - depending on when the plumbers leave.

Busy day, Carol!!

buffmama - thanks for mentioning all these instructors!

I see Beth - Trifecta is opening up her membership. I'm going to hold off though - i think her site is great, but I am not sure how much I would focus on it and it is expensive. I also still have Jessica Valent for another 6 months. Maybe after my membership in Jessica's site ends I'll join Trifecta.

I see Robin Long/The Balanced Life is offering a free 7 day trial. I may join for 7 days - I'm not sure how much I would use her stuff regularly and her site is also not cheap!

I like that there are some instructors on You Tube who are doing a monthly calendar for a small fee - Caroline Jordan does that - for $10 a month you can join her Patreon and get access to a monthly calendar. I think Angie Fitness TV does that as well for $3. Honestly, the reason I like membership sites so much is the calendar - it makes it easier for me to decide what to do. I also like that w/ these You Tube/Patreon programs they are always open and you can drop in and drop out as often as you like. I really dislike the sites that close memberships for a period of time - I just don't get it! I really don't believe it serves the client/customer better - I think it is to get people to subscribe for fear of missing out.

Anyway -hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
Old 01-05-22, 08:26 AM  
buffmama

Balanced to the Core Day 3 /21 Days Strength Challenge - 26 min, these are brining it right back to your core and intension and how the poses are supposed to be vs look. So yeah, still working on all of that.

Donna - You are welcome! I agree about instructors closing their membership. I tune out because it is a gimmick.
Old 01-05-22, 08:36 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

10lb Slimdown Xtreme Kickboxing 40min.
10lb Slimdown Upper Body 20min.

These 2 are my go-to whenever I want a fun kickboxing and upper body strength combo. Chris is such a motivating instructor!

Donna, I too was tempted to join Trifecta for a month to try it, particularly that there is a 20% off code for the New Year. But, just like you, I don't know how much I would use it. I took advantage of Flow with Mira annual membership at 50% when she launched her new paid website and I'm eager to see what challenges she comes up with. On the 10th she'll have a 10-day Happy Hips challenge and I'm looking forward to it.

Carol, how was your return to work? With Omicron raging everywhere things are completely disrupted around here. Particularly schools.

Buffmama, nice workouts!

I hope everyone has a great day today. The winds our howling here and it's snowing. I have to go to the office today. Not very happy.