Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-23-22, 08:56 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Tamal Dodge is both a virgin instructor (to me)...
I know it's silly, but this made me giggle

I have Tamal's Hatha & Flow Yoga for Beginners which I haven't tried yet. I don't remember doing that Power 90 workout, either. It's fun to see what workouts everyone else is doing, some of which I have and some I haven't heard of.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 09:24 PM  
Venus

I have a bit of a catch-up

Mon, Jan 17
Live Love Party: Woman by Doja Cat - Zumba dance fitness - 3 min
Kramer TV: Woman by Doja Cat - Zumba - Pop - Kramer Pastrana 3 min
Mark Kramer Pastrana: Woman by Doja Cat - Zumba 3 Min
I did these a few times and now I see them in my recommendations. I should try some other dances now.

Tues, Jan 18
Reps to the Rhythm: Happy Easy Walk 15 min - 1900 Steps- Walking Workout #44 - Keoni Tamayo
I had previewed some of the Reps to the Rhythm workouts, but this was my first time doing a workout. He and his mom both looked happy throughout, which made me happy. It was really fun!

Wed, Jan 19
Travis Eliot: 10 Min Yoga "Mountain Pose" - Flow and Go! with Travis Eliot
This was a lovely standing flow. It's a great routine for a morning stretch!

Thu, Jan 20
Get Fit With Rick: BTS Walking Workout - 1500 steps in 12 min
BASI Pilates: Rael Isacowitz's 25-Minute "Feel Good" Pilates Routine
Travis Eliot: 10 Min Yoga "Yin Yoga" - Flow and Go! with Travis Eliot
I liked the setting/background and music in the Get Fit With Rick walk. It made a fun warm-up! The BASI Pilates was fairly gentle and really felt like a "feel good" workout. At one point, Rael pauses to let anyone who fell behind catch up. I happened to be 1-2 reps behind right at that point! The yin yoga was one I did before. It's great as an add-on. Travis only holds a couple of poses. I like them, but I may try some variations next time. I like having the video to follow.

Fri, Jan 21
Travis Eliot: 10 Min Yoga "Balance" - Flow and Go! with Travis Eliot
I wanted to work on balance this week and this was a great add-on for that purpose.

Sat, Jan 22
Popsugar Fitness: 30-Minute Old-School Hip-Hop Grooves Workout with Aerick and J'Nelle Luckie
Power Up Yoga with Rodney Yee: Breathe 14 min
The hip-hop dance workout was one I wanted to try for quite some time. I finally tried it and the energy was really great. Just what I needed yesterday! The Rodney Yee yoga was one I did a lot (nearly daily) a few years ago. I remembered it as a relaxing practice, but I forgot how quickly it starts! It was often all I had time for, so I suppose I enjoyed that it started right away at a quick pace, then slowed down and ended in a nice relaxation. It's short, too, so I could do it even if I didn't have time for anything else. It has crow pose, which I could never do, but I had my best attempt this time! I was feeling strong a couple of days this week and practiced crow after one of my yoga practices. When I tried it during Rodney's practice, I almost got it. I didn't balance for very long, but I was so excited by the progress!
Old 01-24-22, 02:11 PM  
jetlitis

Add-on to my BurpeeGirl workout:

Brian Syuki - Focus Fitness:
10 Minute Standing Morning Workout
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 06:22 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I know it's silly, but this made me giggle

I have Tamal's Hatha & Flow Yoga for Beginners which I haven't tried yet. I don't remember doing that Power 90 workout, either. It's fun to see what workouts everyone else is doing, some of which I have and some I haven't heard of.
Giggling is a good thing. We need more smiles and laughter in this world.

I'm enjoying seeing the different workouts too. I've tried some. Others might be too difficult for me, but I still enjoy reading about them.
Old 01-24-22, 06:29 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I have a bit of a catch-up

Fri, Jan 21
Travis Eliot: 10 Min Yoga "Balance" - Flow and Go! with Travis Eliot
I wanted to work on balance this week and this was a great add-on for that purpose.
That's a lot of catch-up. Good work! I've been a bit of a slacker this week and feel guilty about it. It's hard to imagine that some never exercise.

I just previewed the Travis Eliot workout. Thanks for sharing. He packs in a lot during those 10-minutes. I'm doing it tomorrow.
Old 01-24-22, 06:37 PM  
Karla25

Pilates & the City with Jonathon Urla has been shamefully neglected for years. Stuck out in a cold and desolate garage. I think it's time for this one to come inside for the winter. I'll save it for those days when I want to recover from other workouts.
Old 01-25-22, 12:05 AM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
That's a lot of catch-up. Good work! I've been a bit of a slacker this week and feel guilty about it. It's hard to imagine that some never exercise.

I just previewed the Travis Eliot workout. Thanks for sharing. He packs in a lot during those 10-minutes. I'm doing it tomorrow.
Thanks, Karla! I had a pretty good fitness week. I'm still doing my Firm workouts and Yoga with Adriene (and Yoga with Kassandra or Jen Hilman some days), but I figured the post was long enough. It doesn't happen every week, though (sometimes I need extra rest days). Seeing you and everyone else posting on this thread keeps me motivated and reminds me to add in some workouts I want to try.

I hope you like the balance yoga, too. It's a good practice!
Old 01-25-22, 03:01 PM  
jetlitis

Juice & Toya
20 Minute Upper Body Dumbbell Workout [Build Muscle & Strength] (20m)

Guillermo Gomez - Martial Fusion
Kickboxing Power Workout #1 | Zenbu Dojo Sarasota (30m)
Old 01-26-22, 06:24 PM  
Karla25

I didn't get the balance workout in yesterday and today's workout was too long (70 minutes) for an add-on. But tomorrow is another day :-)

Tonight was Yoga: Altar of the Heart with Tylak Pyle. The music is fabulous. I skipped the head and shoulder stands. Um, my neck is mostly in one piece. I hope to keep it that way.
Old 01-26-22, 09:18 PM  
jetlitis

Brian Syuki Focus Fitness: Kickboxing

Tags
male instructors