Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-22-21, 09:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Just plugging along here in a holding pattern. If I wanted to try a walk, which I'm not sure is a great idea, it's gotten kind of cold the last few days so that knocked what little motivation I had right down.
My DD and I are planning to get our booster today. I'm feeling a little stuffy but I'm thinking just a little nasal congestion.
Who knows anymore though?

PENGUIN, glad you're feeling better.
Sorry I'm no help in the IP department.
Never had one.

NORA, be careful out there with that snowy/icy weather. I'm sure we're heading for some kind of lockdown soon too.
Or we should be. Cases are rapidly rising.

CAMBET, it's good you got some nice movement in throughout your long day of grading. I hope you enjoyed your lunch with friends yesterday. I met my friend for lunch yesterday and now I'm kind of sorry I did with all these new cases flying around.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-21, 10:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Merry Christmas Eve to all!!

We got a little snow coating overnight which looks pretty for Christmas Eve!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 12-24-21, 04:36 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Wednesday we went over to my parents house and I spent three hours crawling around on the floor, arranging Hubby’s Quilt layers, smoothing it all out, and then pinning the three layers together. Let’s just say my back is not happy at me. Add and we had another change in the weather and my nose is now alternating between stuffy and running :-(. We were walking out of Aldi‘s last night and I was wearing my new red sweater and I got a compliment on it :-) that was nice.

Hubby gets to come home early today and doesn’t have to go in until later in the afternoon tomorrow yay.

SB, I hear you on the lack of motivation :-).

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 08:13 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Merry Christmas!

I typed the message below yesterday but just discovered that I never posted it. I'm preparing to head down to Atlanta soon. I'll post more later.

Yesterday's post:
I haven't posted in the last few days because I think that I've been avoiding my computer since I turned in grades. I ended up getting an extension to Tues morning at 7:00 am. I started back grading after I got back from my friend's luncheon on Sunday and then I graded all day Monday into the night and got up early Tues to finish. I turned in my last grade at 6:30 am. I was so glad to be done! I slept a lot on Tuesday.

Monday I ended up doing CH Elite: Rope & Ride. Made it to over 9,200 steps for the day.

Tuesday night one of the Italy-crew texted and asked if I wanted to do a walk (at night) to celebrate the Winter Solstice. So we did a 41 min walk around my neighborhood. It was a little drizzley and cold, but also very invigorating! I'm glad we did it! Made it to over 11,000 steps for the day.

I haven't workout out since Tuesday (got my hair done on Wed!), though I've done segments of CH Elite here and there to make it to 250 steps/hour between 8-4 for the last couple of days. I'm tired. I've also had errands to run, a a couple of in-person meetings, and I've been resting when I can.

I can't believe it's Christmas Eve. I'm planning to leave for Atlanta in the morning. To be honest, I've thought about just staying home and resting because the last week has been intense and I'd love to just have a few days to myself to recharge, but my sister keeps insisting that I come celebrate with the rest of the family, so I probably will.

SB - I'm sorry to hear that you're still in a holding pattern with exercising. I hope you find some relief in the new year! I hope that you're not coming down with something, and if you are, I hope that you feel better soon!

Penguin - Glad to hear you're feeling better! I have an Instant Pot and I love it! I'll say more about it in my next post.

Nora - Waves to you!
Old 12-27-21, 01:58 AM  
patchworkpenguin

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

I am feeling better every day. That today I quilted and bound the quilt for hubby. I would like to try to do a design in the border but wanted to try it on some scrap first and this way he can use his quilt while I am I’m fussing with design.

Cambet, congratulations on finishing your grading! I hope you ended up having a restful time in Atlanta :-) look forward to hearing about your IP.

Old 12-27-21, 10:04 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Just recuperating from a lot of eating and drinking over the holidays. We had a quiet but lovely Christmas Eve & Christmas.
I need to get back to business and start some type of exercise program, working around my sciatica pain of course.

CAMBET, yay for the grading being done!
I hope you're having a wonderful holiday in Atlanta with family. I'm feeling ok, just winter stuffiness I think. I'm trying to gear myself up to get the booster shot. I just don't want to go to the center and sit there and then not feel well for a day or so.
LOL.

PENGUIN, I'm very impressed with your quilting project. So nice to get a compliment at the store in your new red sweater.

Hey to NORA!

Have a great day!
Old 12-29-21, 10:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Just a bump up to keep us from falling off the map here . I did go for my booster shot on Monday and thankfully it went smoothly at the center with minimal side effects!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 12-30-21, 06:19 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So nothing interesting to report except I got a haircut today :-).

Old 12-31-21, 10:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Happy New Year everyone!!

Here's to a happy, healthy and peaceful New Year!

PENGUIN, a haircut is always good news.
LOL.

Old 12-31-21, 02:49 PM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Happy New Year's Eve!

I've been sick. I had a glorious couple of days with the twins and their siblings, but one of them had the sniffles, and then I ended up getting the sniffles (I often get sick after visiting with them because one or the other always seems to have a bug). Of course, I could also have covid. I have isolated at my sister's house since we left the twins' house. I have to get tested for work next Wednesday, so I've been fine with taking cold medicine, drinking plenty of fluids, and isolating myself.

I actually did work out on Tuesday. I did Jessica's new YT video: 1-Mile Walk & Talk: the Power of Momentum, once in the morning and once at night to make it to over 10,000 steps for the day. She talks about Peanut and cries a bit (I got emotional with her the first time), but it's a very easy just get up and get in some steps 15 min walk. After that I was down for the count. I slept most of Wednesday (I only got in 744 steps for the entire day ) only getting up to take medicine and go lay back down. My sister kept encouraging me to get up and move because she knows I have my step goals, but I had no energy and just couldn't do it. I've slept a lot the last two days.

I'm feeling better today. I'm currently visiting my parents. I told them that I was sick, but they insisted that I come over anyway. Once I got here, they both made a beeline to get away from me. I don't blame them, as I'm still coughing and congested. I'm double masked and so is my dad. My mom is triple masked. I've isolated myself downstairs and for the most part we are distancing ourselves from each other. I'm not going to stay too long.

I'm not sure when I'm going home, but I've been thinking about what I want to do for fitness in the new year. I'm still considering the possibilities.

SB - Glad that you had a lovely Christmas. I'm going to take care of my booster as soon as i get back to SC.

Penguin - Great job with the quilting and the haircut. About my Instant Pot; I got one a few years ago when they were all the rage and it took me a year to actually open and use it. I wanted some sesame chicken and looked up for an IP recipe for it. It was sooo good, restaurant quality, so I started looking for other things to make. Some of my favorite recipes include beef stew, crustless chicken pop pie, shrimp lo mien, teriyaki chicken, etc. It makes meats sooo tender. I use it at least every couple of weeks, because I'll make a big pot of something that lasts for several days. My latest favorite is lasagna (in a mini springform pan- so yummy). I absolutely recommend it to everyone who asks me about it. I will say that it takes things longer to cook than you would think (so it's not really an "instant" pot ) because it takes around 10 minutes for the pressure to build up and if you don't do a slow release it takes about 10 minutes for the pressure to release on its own. Yes, the metal liner does come out for cleaning. It's a great machine and there are a ton of recipes available online.

Nora - Waves to you!