Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-21, 09:04 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, i’m so sorry to hear that you are on the sidelines again. And we all seem so confident that your back was healed and you would be out walking again.

Nora, I am definitely an in person shopper also, I like to touch and feel :-). Hubby orders a lot of car parts online that he can’t get in stores, but it seems more often than not he receives the wrong part or some thing is wrong with it. This doesn’t build my confidence in online shopping.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 11:28 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

PP- I hope that you are far away from the twisters that are affecting some areas in the states.

SB- Are you feeling any better?

For me, I've been doing some walking....some mall walking, some road walking and some field walking. Today the road was icy, so I ended up just walking around my property and into an adjacent field for a few rotations. I totalled an hour. Yesterday, I did some Amy Bento Step.

Cambet - are your grades handed in?
Old 12-11-21, 11:47 PM  
patchworkpenguin

We were hit by the edge of the big storm that caused so much damage. We kept power however our cable is out again, this is no surprise to anyone :-) a limb hit our wire and it snapped it. They are coming Tuesday to fix it, we thought that was pretty reasonable actually.

So today’s worked out looked a little different. I almost bailed on the work out because I couldn’t figure out how to get the DVD player/TV working together. I started with the warm-up from Cathe’s Cardio Supersets, I let the video keep playing while I did 27 minutes of Legs, and then reset the DVD to play the 1-4 pre-mix. I found the leg exercises to be much easier this time around :-). Except I did plié squats twice the first set :-) and then realized one of those plies was supposed to be calf raises. I made a note so next time I would know :-).

Nora, walking in different areas sounds like it will add interest and keep you more motivated :-). I, personally, like the idea of walking around a field :-)

Old 12-12-21, 10:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Still not exercising/walking but the pain is manageable for everyday things. It's just that every time I walk or attempt some stretching the pain throbs back. So I'm still being cautious. I am trying to gear myself up for some MR. Especially upper body but even her floorwork might be ok. Just a little gun shy right now but I'll get there.

NORA, good to see you're getting your walking in. You must have a big yard and fields around you to rack up an hour's worth of walking. Well done.

PENGUIN, glad you missed that crazy weather for the most part. Sorry about the cable but it could have been so much worse. You're doing a great job with your workouts and weight routine.

Hi CAMBET. I hope the end has arrived or is very near for this semester.

Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 08:25 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, normally I wouldn’t even fuss about the cable but this is the fourth or fifth time it’s been out this year. it’s getting ridiculous. The good news is I have DVDs to fall back on :-) I’m sorry to hear that your back is still bothering you and I can understand you not wanting to do anything else to annoy it.

Sunday’s workout started with Jessica Smith’s 10lbs Down Weightloss Cardio Mix, I let the DVD play the toning and abs while I did 27 minutes of Shoulders and Back and then I did the cardio and cool down. I am working on upping my weights. In most cases this looks like I do the 16 reps in the heavier weight then drop to the lighter weight for the pulses.

Old 12-13-21, 09:50 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

PENGUIN, I can understand the cable going out so many times getting a bit old after awhile. Yes thank goodness for our DVDs. I like the idea of doing your weight routine with another DVD playing. I think I would be able to do that rather than completely on my own with just music and no one to look at. Sounds like you're doing drop sets. Nice. I do that with MR sometimes.

We went out for my DD's graduation celebration yesterday (very small gathering) and my back was really acting up after all that sitting. Painful. So the rest continues.

Waves to NORA & CAMBET.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-21, 08:55 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I did find one small issue with doing a different weight routine while watching a weight routine on DVD, I’m counting, she’s counting and we’re counting different things so if I listen to her, I get confused. I certainly hope your back improves soon :-)

Monday’s workout started with KCM‘s Start Here Warm up, while Kelly did her weight routine I did mine :-), I did the cardio section but ended up mostly doing my own thing and then did the stretch section.

What I think is hysterical is each of my weight workouts is exactly 27 minutes long. I didn’t plan that, I just threw a bunch of exercises together and that’s what happened :-). I can’t explain it.

Old 12-14-21, 08:21 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Didn't mean to go MIA, but my life last week was a little out of control and I fell asleep many a night before I could get in a workout. I did CH Elite: Rope & Ride or Wild Horse in lo-key mode and made it to over 10,000 steps on Wed and Thurs. Friday I made it to over 10,000 steps just from being at work and running around setting up our dept holiday party and then cleaning up afterward.

I ate way too much on Friday (at the holiday party) and Saturday (leftovers that I brought home from the holiday party) so Sunday I got up like a woman possessed (and frustrated with herself for overeating on Fri & Sat ) and exercised for 2 hours. I did Combat 45 Power Kata, Combat 30 Kick Start, Jessica's 15 min Belly Blaster (from 15 min Fast Fat Blasts) and then I tacked on CH Elite: Wild Horse to take things down a notch, and then did a nice stretch. I'm currently dealing with pretty bad DOMS, mostly in my calf muscles (had to be all those kicks), that are making it a challenge to walk.

I did segments of CH yesterday throughout the day but fell asleep before I got in an official workout to make it to 10,000 steps for the day (I did make it to 8,600 ). Planning to get in some cardio at some point today. I have a take-home essay exam to grade, that I'm hoping to finish before my students have to present their final projects tomorrow during our final exam period.

SB - I'm sorry to hear you had to bench your walks since your sciatica pain is back. I know that has to be super frustrating (sending {{hugs}}). I'm glad that the pain is manageable for everyday things; makes total sense that you would be gun shy to try anything else. Uggghhh! I hope you feel better soon. Congrats to your DD; I'm glad that y'all were able to celebrate her graduation (and sorry to hear it ended up being painful).

Penguin - Wow, you've been doing a great job with your workouts. I was relieved to hear that you were not directly hit/impacted by the crazy tornados over the weekend. Hope they get your cable back and up and running today. It's always nice to have DVDs to fall back on. I don't think that I could play a weight workout while doing my own thing, but I have played a workout and then paused it at several points while I added reps or went at my own pace and then started it back up for the next move and so forth. I do that when I do KCM's Muscle Up workout because she usually goes at a faster pace than I want to do the reps.

Nora - You've also been doing a great job with your walks/workouts. It's nice to get in movement when you can. Final grades are do on Monday evening. (I think I can, I think I can. ) I'm giving an exam on Friday and I'm tired and slow(er) these days at grading, so I may ask for an extension to Tues morning.
Old 12-14-21, 05:50 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

PP-That's funny about the 27 minutes. I think the exercise gods are on your side! It's the only explanation. Sorry about your cable. It's a pain in the neck.

SB-Congratulations to your daughter. You must be proud of her. I'm so sorry about your continuing back problems. I hope you are able to find some relief soon.

Cambet-Great variety you have going on there. Are you on vacation yet?

Me: only walking to report. SB- yes, my property is fairly large. Also, a few years back, we bought a small field from our neighbour that abuts our back yard. We just didn't want anybody building there. So I can do a lot of walking there, and also in my neighbour's field. That all changes when the snow gets deep, though. I prefer the road, if not icy though.
Old 12-15-21, 03:36 AM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, i’m sure there’s a big difference between walking in a field and schlepping through the mud and snow :-). The cable guy was 30 minutes early and got the cable up and running before our beginning appointment time! Amazing!

Cambet, we all over eat :-) as I’m sitting here with a full stomach at 2 AM :-) don’t beat yourself up about it :-). I was very surprised when I did the Jessica work out at how fast her pace was, I felt I could barely keep up in either the weights or the cardio. I would much rather go slowly and get full extension etc. I like KCMs workouts because she does interesting variations on the same old exercises. I was trying to find work out that had a 30 minute Cardio segment in a 30 minute weight segment to match up with my current workouts.

We get to go to the dentist tomorrow :-) we’re so excited. I took my new red sweater with me today but it was too warm to wear it! We were in the 70s again today, it’s going to continue in the 70s until Sunday where the high is going to be in the high 40s yuck