Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-22, 11:37 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

My brother and SIL used it frequently during 2020 when stores were experiencing so many shortages and they wanted to limit in-person shopping. They carry my cat's food and some other staples I wanted but had trouble finding in local stores at the time so I put in one order, but they seemed to be out of a lot of the things I really needed and the shortage problem lessened so I've never needed to order from them again.

I'm fortunate to have 3 Safeways, a Raleys and a Sprouts nearby so natural and organic options are readily available under normal conditions. I have also had good luck with Vitacost.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 12:24 PM  
Erica H.

I also really like Vitacost. For extra savings, you could also go through Rakuten - sometimes they have big cash back bonuses in addition to the vitacost sales. I've had mostly really good experiences with Vitacost's customer service as well.

BTW, if anyone doesn't use Rakuten and wants to, send me a pm and I can refer you - I think we both get cash back that way.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 01:04 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I also really like Vitacost. For extra savings, you could also go through Rakuten - sometimes they have big cash back bonuses in addition to the vitacost sales. I've had mostly really good experiences with Vitacost's customer service as well.

BTW, if anyone doesn't use Rakuten and wants to, send me a pm and I can refer you - I think we both get cash back that way.

Erica
You do get a referral bonus and so do they (I finally got one referral last year after years of using the app hahaha)! I was also going to suggest Rakuten. If anyone is new and wants to try, I'd also be happy to refer you.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 10:58 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post

Erica
Is Rakuten the former Ebates? I signed up for that to get a discount when I bought Slim Series waaaay back and then never used it again because I kept forgetting about it

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 11:31 AM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
Is Rakuten the former Ebates?
Yes, it is.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 12:21 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
Is Rakuten the former Ebates?
Yes, we use it a lot and have gotten so much cash back (maybe I shouldn't shop online so much). We even use it for car rentals, hotels, etc.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 10:21 AM  
Lorelai

Vitacost has 14% off site wide plus 16% cash back through the RetailMeNot app today! Might be a pretty good time to stock up or try them!

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 09:31 PM  
ncl

We use Thrive Market and have for several years (well now that I am looking, for 6.5 years). I love it and have saved a bunch of money with it. They have a lot of things we would be buying anyway but at much less cost. I have my favorites and things I stock up on, less toxic cleaners, some food, staples like organic brown rice, nuts, smoothie add ins, etc. I use their collagen powder in my morning green smoothies. I order once a month usually. I have been very pleased. When everyone else had low stock in the beginning of the pandemic, they struggled as well, but other than that period of time, the shipping is quick and they are reliable. The site estimates that I have saved close to 4,000.00 shopping there since 2015 (apparently when I joined).
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote