Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-22, 07:57 PM  
Lorelai

I think I found one on Facebook marketplace that should suit me very well! Hopefully it will work out to pick it up this week. 🙂

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 09:30 PM  
star117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai View Post
I think I found one on Facebook marketplace that should suit me very well! Hopefully it will work out to pick it up this week. 🙂
Yea!
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 11:40 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Okay, so I don't own any chairs! We have counter height stools and our dining room table has benches. I find myself lacking a sturdy chair that I can use for a barre substitute, as well as for seated workouts and stretching. I don't want to spend a fortune, but I'm not sure if a cheap metal folding chair would be optimal for this purpose? It seems like a more straight backed chair would be preferred. I found this online and it looks pretty good, although it's kind of number that I'd have to buy two. Any thoughts or recommendations? It's a lot easier to use what you have, but I'm not sure which direction to go since I don't have anything that would work, if that makes sense... Oh, and for reference, if it helps with chair back height recommendations, I'm 5'5".

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Stakmore-Se...air/1002871540
Laura,

I have the Stakmore chair pictured and it works well for me. I bought it at Costco and they were sold individually. I like the straight back, padded cushion, and the fact that it folds up. I am 5'4".

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 08:06 AM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
Laura,

I have the Stakmore chair pictured and it works well for me. I bought it at Costco and they were sold individually. I like the straight back, padded cushion, and the fact that it folds up. I am 5'4".

Ann
Good call for anybody interested in these... If you have a Costco membership they are $99.99 for a two pack. The single is only available at the warehouse so I don't know if mine has it or not. I think I'm still going to go with the marketplace one just because it's slightly taller, but this one is so tempting because it folds...

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 05:51 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Good call for anybody interested in these... If you have a Costco membership they are $99.99 for a two pack. The single is only available at the warehouse so I don't know if mine has it or not. I think I'm still going to go with the marketplace one just because it's slightly taller, but this one is so tempting because it folds...
Oh, I didn’t realize it folded! That is nice.
Old 01-25-22, 09:19 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I'm 5'4" and use a metal folding chair with padding on the seat. It folds up and I store it under the couch. Easy to pull out and put away. I even use it for planks and burpee modifications; I simply put it against the couch so that it becomes even sturdier and doesn't move. The height is perfect for stretching. I think I got mine at Target.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chair for workouts