Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-23-22, 05:38 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Day 33:
~much needed twists and hip & leg yin-ish stretches…including penguin pose, thanks for the link Beth

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 09:53 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Day 33:
~much needed twists and hip & leg yin-ish stretches…including penguin pose, thanks for the link Beth
Pam, did you do the full version of Penguin or the one-sided? I tried the full first and liked it, but I found the pressure on my wrists was too intense to hold all that long.

Speaking of intense, today I plan on doing Erich Schiffmann's Lotus - that one is always intense!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 10:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

01/22/2022 - Day 33 - Rodney Yee's Core Centered Yoga - Lower Balance. This series featured internal and external rotation focus and some of the standing poses minus any vinyasa which was nice. I haven't done the warriors in a long time and it felt good.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 01:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Pam, did you do the full version of Penguin or the one-sided? I tried the full first and liked it, but I found the pressure on my wrists was too intense to hold all that long.

Speaking of intense, today I plan on doing Erich Schiffmann's Lotus - that one is always intense!
I did the one in the video link you posted which I assume is the one sided? I couldn’t twist as deeply as she did, but it felt really good.

Enjoy Lotus! I might do some or all of Altar today. IIRC, he does more than one savasana during.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 01-23-22, 02:07 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I did the one in the video link you posted which I assume is the one sided? I couldn’t twist as deeply as she did, but it felt really good.

Enjoy Lotus! I might do some or all of Altar today. IIRC, he does more than one savasana during.
In that video, she starts with a 2-armed version, then goes to a one-sided twist option.

I did enjoy Lotus, although I definitely did a lot of modifying (and didn't get into lotus at all, LOL).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-23-22, 02:16 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
In that video, she starts with a 2-armed version, then goes to a one-sided twist option.

I did enjoy Lotus, although I definitely did a lot of modifying (and didn't get into lotus at all, LOL).
I looked at the beginning again & yes I did try the two armed version very briefly, but it did bug my wrists. So I forwarded the video & went straight to the one side version. She spends more time on it. It felt especially great for my right QL which tends to get tight.

ETA - I’d definitely need to modify Lotus too. I have fixed my right glute med issue, but I have some sort of joint impingement & ROM restriction in my right hip joint. I’m going for an X-ray when I get home, & I fear it’s likely osteoarthritis. But I’ve been walking a lot here though without any major issue so I’m glad I stuck with the IMS treatments & PT exercises.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 01-23-22, 03:12 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Day 34:
~Altar of the Heart - first 36 min. I had a lot of streaming issues, it kept pausing and I had to go back to the start and move it to where I left off. Frustrating, but a lovely practice none the less. I’ll try another day, might be high neighborhood use as it’s Sunday morning here and people are home from work.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 01-23-22, 03:38 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I agree, the twist version of pigeon felt great from my shoulder all the way down to my QL! I've done Lotus before where I did briefly get into to pose at the end (lying version), but oh well - it's great for hip mobility regardless. That is frustrating about the streaming issue with Altar! I might try to do that on Valentine's Day (which I think will be the very end of my sadhana, or maybe just after). Keep us posted on your medical follow-up after you get home.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-23-22, 05:24 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Here's the video. I hadn't heard of it either, although I sometimes teach a twist similar to what she shows in the one-sided version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL2vInXYkpQ&t=7s
Thanks, Beth. I followed the tutorial and actually had no problems doing it. My boyfriend walked into the room mid-practice, covered his eyes and said, "ouch" and walked out. LOL

I felt really good afterwards, like I got a good upper body stretch.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 05:26 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
I have fixed my right glute med issue, but I have some sort of joint impingement & ROM restriction in my right hip joint. I’m going for an X-ray when I get home, & I fear it’s likely osteoarthritis. But I’ve been walking a lot here though without any major issue so I’m glad I stuck with the IMS treatments & PT exercises.
Sorry you're having joint issues. Fingers crossed it's something that can be addressed with little medical intervention.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote