Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-22, 08:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I did my "PT" exercises w/ Annie Pilates PT - the piriformis program w/ the resistance loop. That one gets me every time. But it does provide relief.

Today, so far, has been:

CS 2023 - I think - that is the # - it was an all standing workout
Charlene Prickett - Season 17 - Low Impact Cardio*

*blast from the past day! I really enjoy Charlene's low impact cardio - it is more intense and less boring than some of the walking videos out there. It is a bit dated - in this one she was talking about OJ Simpson and DNA testing - so I am guessing it was from the mid-90's. But it does stand the test of time. I always enjoyed Charlene. I also always hoped her daughter would take over after she retired, but I guess not. I read somewhere on VF that Charlene's DH passed away and that she lives in Hawaii now.

Anyway- that is it for my Friday!

Summer Breeze - that is great you were able to get out - a little at a time, I guess. My back/hip continues to bother me on and off. I am not quite sure what triggers it - it may be my LR couch which is very saggy - we have another one on order but w/ the delays we will not see it until the spring or summer! I did switch chairs in my office and that is helping as well. And then just trying to stay on top of it w/ my "PT" exercises.

Pat - Thanks for that link! I will show my DD. She doesn't "exercise" - she will walk/hike and horseback ride, but that is it. Maybe in the spring she'll get her bike out...I hope! Hope you had a safe trip home from work.

Diane - how are things on your end?

Waves, Pam

Oh - I took my dog to the vet yesterday - the vet didn't find anything obviously wrong with her - but they did take blood and urine samples - so hopefully we'll know something more today or Monday.

Take care!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 10:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all! TGIF!!! I had to get something going last night and see if I could get what ails me working again. I decided to make it an easy going Jane Fonda night and enjoyed her Easy Going Workout plus PM Relaxation from her AM/PM Yoga for Beginners. Also 5,500 steps.

Donna I have to do that piriformis routine. Your Charlene sounds fun, I'm always looking for more-fun walking style workouts.

Good job Summer Breeze! Hope you're well today.

Good morning to all.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 10:58 AM  
donnamp

Pat - Jane Fonda sounds fun - I will have to see what I may have lurking in my collection from her. I think she has some on You Tube, too.

Donna
Old 01-22-22, 05:02 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday! Yesterday was another "make myself get it done" but it was easier to talk myself into it.

~ Ellen Barrett Fat Burning Pilates
~ My own restorative supported fish and bridge poses
~ 5,244 steps

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-23-22, 10:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all, yesterday featured a premix from Bernadette Giorgi's Attitude, parts of the weighted ball routine and mat work, followed by the Lower Balance section of Yee's Core Centered Yoga.
Old 01-23-22, 11:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a bust exercise-wise, the painters were here from 7:30 to past 4:00 - but they are finished, other than some touch ups. Whew.

I'm glad it is over and the house looks so much better.

Today, back to it:

Lively Ladies - Strength & Cardio Combo (uploaded 12/24/21). This one reminded me a bit of the FIRM's 4 Limb stuff. I really enjoy this channel.

Lively Ladies - Mobility Flow Cooldown and Stretch (uploaded 1/20/22)

Not much else to report, have to put the house back together, do laundry, clean, etc.

Pat - I like Bernadette's workouts - I really do need to spend more time w/ my DVD collection...

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 01-24-22, 09:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I woke up quite stiff -not sure if it is from the LL workout I did yesterday or all the deep cleaning I did...but...today was an Ellen day....

Ellen - Power & Balance - 30 min
Ellen - Yoga Mat Work - 15 min

I'm going to enjoy the peace and quiet of having my house to myself again - at least until I line up another project, LOL!

I have to take a urine sample in for my dog today. They did one at the vet's but they needed a morning sample - let me tell you - it was loads of fun slipping on the icy snow to get it. Anyway - I'll drop that off at lunch time today. The bloodwork and the urine test they did at the vet's office doesn't show anything terrible, her kidney function is slightly off but not awful - that is why they wanted a morning sample. Hopefully if she has something going on it is manageable with meds.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
Old 01-24-22, 09:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Happy Moan Day! Yesterday featured:

~ GYM for 15/15 treadmill and recumbent bike
~ YWK Heart Opening Yin
~ 5,273 steps

The yin practice had a pose combining sleeping swan (pigeon) with thread the needle. It felt interesting, but I must have looked like I fell off a cliff!

Woo hoo Donna on the painters being done and your beautiful refreshed home. Yikes I didn't realize dog owners might have to get urine samples from their pets. Best wishes for your fur baby for a clean report.

Good morning to anyone who visits today!
Old 01-25-22, 10:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! It feels like I got back in a better groove:

~ LWR Advent Calendar Days 23 and 24, 7 Minute Cardio Abs and 7 Minute Winter Wonderland Adventure
~ Margaret Moan Day - Perfect 10, workout 1
~ Rodney Yee's Core Centered Yoga, Back Balance
~ 5,695 steps

Psyched about finishing Lucy's Advent challenge before Valentine's Day! I'm not sure whether to start another or just use her workouts here and there. I'm creating a playlist of her barre/Pilates type workouts and might just do that for a couple weeks.

I hope your doggie is okay and the sample went easy, Donna. Good workouts for you.

Good morning to anyone who visits today!
Old 01-25-22, 10:40 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Just popping in to say hi. I've been reading but not posting. Nothing to post unfortunately. Still working on the motivation since my back does seem to be slowly improving *knock wood*. I brought the groceries in yesterday and that got my back throbbing though so I still have to be very cautious.

DONNA, yay on the painters being done.
It must look great! Hope everything is ok with your doggie. Good workouts! I never looked at Lively Ladies I should take a peek.

PAT, glad you're back in a groove! I love Bernadette Giorgi's workouts. I wore her circle workout out but sometimes it does tweak my back with her forward bending moves so I'll stay away awhile longer.

Hi PAM & DIANE!

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga