Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-22, 11:20 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margot, I hadn't heard about Bellyfit's Daughters of the Moon monthly classes. If you do it, let us know how you like it.

Pat, I like Kelly's strength work over her boxing too.
I can only pull up my leg warmers a few inches above my knees too but I find that enough for me and comfortable too. I'm laughing at the "old Playtex monster girdle", LOL!!

Carolyn, I liked the way you varied Kelly's moves in her Power Splits by adding plie squats, curtsy lunges and front lunges.
I haven't tried Yoga with Joelle. Let us know what you think about her book after you have read it!
I hope we don't all end up getting Omicron either and hope that prediction isn't true!!
It's also easy for me to purge old cosmetics or outdated personal care items (thank goodness!).

Sandra, I look forward to hearing your review of Jessica's upcoming new set! I hope you feel normal again soon.
When I have low energy or don't feel well, I usually do yin yoga or some type of stretch workout.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 09:46 PM  
YogaGal

Today I did Jessica Smith’s 1-Mile Power Walk on YT and Yoga with Joelle’s Yoga for Joint Health, Day 1 of 10 Days of Morning Yoga. It involved a lot of rotation: hip joints, shoulders, wrists, ankles, etc. I will probably try Day 2 tomorrow.

Yes, my glutes and hamstrings are feeling KCM’s Power Splits Lower Body workout from yesterday, but not too bad. I like Kelly’s strength and boxing workouts; I don’t care for some of her cardio workouts that are too fast-paced or have too much impact for me.

Margot: I glanced at Joelle’s chakra yoga playlist and noticed that she wears yoga clothes to match the color of each chakra! So red clothes for the Root chakra, etc. I may try those as well (the yoga practices, not the color coordinating ).

Pam: Your yoga “under palm trees in a park by the beach” does indeed sound lovely!

Beth: Hope your doctor’s appointment went well. Enjoy your last week of "freedom" before the new semester begins!

Sandra: Staying with stretch-type workouts sounds sensible until you get your strength back. You know what they say: Listen to your body! You’ll want to be strong and healthy when Jessica releases her new workouts. I’m hoping they are ready before April, but who knows with delays these days.
Old 01-20-22, 09:57 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, sounds like you were cozy! It's hard for me to plan my dress on the days that I go into work since my office is overheated (even for me, haha).

Carolyn, thanks; it was just a urologist who I see regularly to monitor my kidney stones, and it went fine. It feels like less than a week of freedom now since I have a busy day on Monday and classes start on Wednesday. I'm with you in that I prefer KCM's strength work (and boxing).

Paine, my urologist said I should try to get more potassium from foods, and she said that potatoes are a good source. I think I'm going to go back to my store to try to get those purple sweet potatoes I saw (whatever kind they are).

Pam, wow, you were active at the zoo - how much time do you have left in your trip? Have you ever met up with any of the VFers that live in Hawaii (I think maybe you did mention this before)?

Margot, did you like the face-up Pontoon pose better than the face-down? It's one of my favorites, as was today's bananasana (especially with the strap).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 10:33 PM  
cyana

New Hindley Street County Club song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JagutdQoOz4 - Jackson Browne's Somebody's Baby. That takes me back a few years! I love Danny Lopresto - he's incredibly versatile and has the greatest smile.

Happy Almost Friday!

Wednesday:
50 stability ball crunches
I"m working on refining leg extensions done while sitting in my office chair - used a Spri 1 lb hand weight on my foot. Yes, that's a wimpy weight, LOL, but right now I'm checking to make sure my positioning is solid so I don't tweak my back and then I'll dig out the ankle weights once the body mechanics are solid. And it would be helpful to be certain the chair won't go rolling off and dump me into the floor!!
The following exercises were done with a hefty medium resistance tubing:
squats - 15 reps x 3 sets
chest press - 12 reps x 3 sets
seated rows - 12 reps x 3 sets

This AM:
Holden 7 Minutes of Magic AM - Extended. I did this daily for ages when my hip was previously in a bad way - hoping I can repeat the progress.
PM:
Holden breathwork practice session

Waves to ALL. It's past my bedtime so I need to hit the sack as I have a ton of work that must get wrapped up tomorrow. Stay warm - will catch up with everyone over the week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 10:43 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, I have always loved that song! They did a good job.

Do you think the AM Extended helped with your hip issues? I have that DVD but don't use it very often; I might have to take another look.

As always, I'm impressed with how you work in fitness throughout the day!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-20-22, 10:57 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

Today's Workout: Continuing with my stretching theme, today I did the Hips & Hamstrings stretch from Essentrics Strength & Stretch In Motion with Sahra. This is *not* The One With the Birds, but the other stretch on the same disc -- a very nice barre stretch. It felt really nice. I tend to forget that with all the walking I do I really should stretch the lower body more often.

Yogapam: Your class under the palm trees sounds lovely!

Paine: My cold is slowly getting better but I am still not at full strength. I think it is sensible of you to slow it down during illness.

Carolyn: From Jessica's latest email it sounds like they are still working on editing, so my guess is that release of the new workouts is several weeks away. Hoping it will be February!

Waving to everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 10:46 AM  
Margot

Happy Friday everyone

Yesterday's workouts:
- HealthBarre Challenge Day 9
- JDG Bananasana
- Yoga with Joelle - Third Eye and Throat Chakras
- Short neighbourhood walk passing by our local donkey sanctuary. Their newest addition has to be one of the smallest donkeys I've ever seen.

Carolyn - I noticed too how Joelle colour coordinated her outfits with the chakras. So cute. I enjoyed her Yoga for Joint Health. I'm planning on one of her seated stretches this evening.

Sandra - Me too! I hope Jessica releases her newest workouts next month. Glad to hear you're gradually improving.

Beth - Oh yes! My body loves face-up Pontoon pose and also legs up the wall, although I mostly rest my sacrum on a bolster without the support of the wall.

Cyana - Thanks for the link. It sounded just like the original to me. Danny is a great singer and I liked his earrings too. Good luck with your hip.

Paine - I agree, yin is great when you're feeling low on energy.

Pat - The Playtex girdle. I remember when I was a teenager and my Mum's best friend telling me I'd have to wear a girdle when I was 40. It just wasn't nice not to wear one and have everything just hanging out! Funny how times have changed.

Waves to Pam, Linda and all.
Old 01-21-22, 10:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all! I had to get something going last night and see if I could get what ails me working again. I decided to make it an easy going Jane Fonda night and enjoyed her Easy Going Workout plus PM Relaxation from her AM/PM Yoga for Beginners. Also 5,500 steps.

Margot, I remember even my sister (who was a twig) wore a girdle "just because." I remember my Mom coming home from work during a heat wave and peeling hers off as soon as her purse hit the table, right in the kitchen. Sounded like she was fighting with an octopus.

Thanks for the tune, Cyana! Good luck with Lee's PM routine, I hope it still has the magic.

Beth, I hope all went well at the doctor's office.

Have a great day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 11:47 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Deep Stretch Yin Yoga (Leg and Hip practice)

Beth, if you try a purple sweet potato, I hope you like it. Baked russets are really good too and easy to find at the market.

Cyana, I haven't done Holden's 7 Minutes of Magic in a long time. I need to pull out that DVD.
Thanks for the link to Jackson Browne's Somebody's Baby--that group sounds great!

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 02:07 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I swear Google is spying on me! I told you all that my urologist said to get more potassium from foods, such as potatoes. So then later, I start to search "foods high in..." and potassium was the first thing that came up - wouldn't you think it would be calcium, protein, or something else? And Carolyn asked about Yoga with Joelle on YouTube - and then one of Joelle's practices came up for me today!

So I did do a mix of different stuff today, including some upper body stretching and some lower body strength work. There's a Neck & Jaw Massage from Joelle that I want to try later. For strength, I really enjoyed this MadFit practice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqao...channel=MadFit

It was nice because you can do the whole thing with just one weight, she goes at a slow measured pace, there's an interesting variety of moment, and the series is only repeated once.

Later this afternoon I'm going to a yin yoga class.

Follow me @YogiBethC