Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-22, 10:04 AM  
Leonana

That’s too funny about your husband, isn’t that how it usually goes. Mine is more patient than me, but he has switched jobs frequently. Although, always in the moving industry.

I can relate. With my DD’s anxiety and her mood swings, I worry too. She is also academically bright, but needs to be more focused. She is doing well on her medication, and I hope she can handle a full time job. She wants to be in management at Starbucks and it can be a stressful job. I hope she can find a supportive partner one day, not to take care of her, but that they can support each other in life.

It is easier after they move out, you aren’t constantly reminded of their struggles. My dd was ready at 20, maybe that will be similar for your dd.

I was watching a cozy mystery on Acorn called Madame Blanc. The female lead asked the male lead what is was like having a child. He said from the time they are born, its a constant low level of anxiety. I laughed at that. The show was written by the female lead, she must have a kid irl!
Old 01-21-22, 12:34 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was another treadmill day, as I'm hooked on all the drama going on with the TV show "Grey's Anatomy", lol. Actually, I haven't been sleeping well and it's all I can do to just put one foot in front of the other.

I look back and wish I had taken my education more seriously and been more focused. I had no direction, no guidance, and on my own very early. I left for college to get away from home...and got married for part of the same reason. It's never easy for the parent, the child or soon to be adult. I'm trying to come to terms with it all, but there's lots of baggage. Kids who grow up in good homes with loving parents don't realize how blessed they really are. I'm thankful God was/is my support and strength...then and now!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 01:02 PM  
donnamp

Pam - I also wish I was more focused as well when I was in school. And I do admit that I got into relationships and situations in part b/c I did not want to live at home w/ my parents. My parents were not bad people but they had issues (like all of us, I suppose) that made living at home with them hard. When my DH is on a rant he will say that we make it "too easy" for my DD and that is why she doesn't want to leave - but having been in a situation where I did not want to live with my parents - and it may have done me more good to have been in a situation where I would have been more comfortable doing that - if all that makes sense. I do also have a bit of baggage that I carry with regard to my parents. It isn't like they were bad or unsupportive but - it wasn't always a great situation to live with them and it hasn't always been easy. DH's parents on the other hand, had a great relationship and a comfortable home life - they had money issues my family didn't have - but otherwise had a good home life.

I also agree about kids who grow up in good, stable homes not really knowing how lucky they are. I see how DD's BF struggles with his family issues and my DD has a ton less to worry about by comparison. Not saying I'm a perfect parent or our home is perfect, nothing is perfect, but I feel that overall we are supportive and I think she knows we are there for her if she needs us.

Sherry - your DD sounds like mine - she does well in school but struggles with social interactions/anxiety.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 09:05 PM  
Leonana

I feel much better today, even this evening. I should rant more often. Sometimes I think the forum just wants to prove me wrong, lol. But I shouldn't complain, it's just like a regular cold, but it's annoying. Like having bad allergies every day.

I went into the dentist today to get my crown adjusted. It's fine unless I chew something hard. It feels better already, so hopefully that did the trick.

Donna, I agree with you. I don't think it's good to make things harder on kids to make them want to move out. Obviously, there's a balance, but you want a stable home life for them. It's funny, I felt we did something wrong that our dd wanted to move out, and not live at home and save money for college. I guess we always second guess ourselves. That's probably what your dh is doing, a male version of second guessing. But I think it's guaranteed that they are going to do things differently than we expect. I know I did that to my parents, as I didn't get married until I was 36. My mother was probably worried, lol.
Old 01-22-22, 04:18 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I jogged on the treadmill (for a change) and did Suzanne Deason's Yoga for Stress Relief Gentle yoga practice. It felt good.

Now we're going to play some board games that DH picked up at Target yesterday on sale.

We went to hear/see Beethoven's Fifth at the Veterans Memorial Auditorium here in Providence last night. Then dinner out at the Cheesecake Factory. We never go out to dinner on a Friday night, as it's always such a zoo and it was no exception this time. Lots of young adults/teens out on the town or on dates at the Cheesecake Factory. I happened to notice this one teenage guy in a booth with three young ladies and they were all having a good time. ;-)

Sherry, so glad you're feeling better. I was worried that I might catch something being out in crowds last night, but the auditorium screens at the door to make sure people are vaccinated and wearing masks, so hopefully all will be well.

There was a beautiful violin solo during the Brahms performance last night that might have been my favorite of the evening. Beethoven's music is always so well known, so it's nice to hear other pieces, too! The regular "Maestro"/conductor was at home (sick with Covid) so they had a substitute guy last night who was good! Don't know who the normal guy is, as we don't see local classical performances much.

Enjoy the weekend!

April Focus:
Old 01-23-22, 11:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a bust exercise-wise, the painters were here from 7:30 to past 4:00 - but they are finished, other than some touch ups. Whew.

I'm glad it is over and the house looks so much better.

Today, back to it:

Lively Ladies - Strength & Cardio Combo (uploaded 12/24/21). This one reminded me a bit of the FIRM's 4 Limb stuff. I really enjoy this channel.

Lively Ladies - Mobility Flow Cooldown and Stretch (uploaded 1/20/22)

Not much else to report, have to put the house back together, do laundry, clean, etc.

Pam - i haven't jogged on my treadmill in forever!

Waves, Sherry - I hope you and DH are feeling better. One of my painters said his daughter got COVID, even though she was vaccinated and boosted.....

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 01-24-22, 09:04 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I woke up quite stiff -not sure if it is from the LL workout I did yesterday or all the deep cleaning I did...but...today was an Ellen day....

Ellen - Power & Balance - 30 min
Ellen - Yoga Mat Work - 15 min

Hope everyone has a good start to the week. I'm going to enjoy the peace and quiet of not having anyone in the house - before I start lining up some other projects, LOL!

Donna
Old 01-24-22, 01:46 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Sunday was a rest day, though I spent some time rearranging all the clutter in our basement. I have some things in my car ready to take in for donation this week.

Today might turn out the same as I'm waiting on a delivery with a four hour window. I don't want to workout until afterwards, which might not happen unless I can squeeze something in tonight. We'll see....

Have a good day all!

April Focus:
Old 01-24-22, 05:44 PM  
Leonana

Did 10 Minute Cardio warmup from Senior Shape Fitness. I needed something light and short for my first workout this week. I’m feeling much better, but don’t have all my energy back yet. I could feel a weakness in my arms when doing the arm movements. Planning on a stretch this evening, if I remember! Also did some housework.

Donna, enjoy your peace and quiet! It’s hard to believe I painted almost the entire inside of my house in the spring of 2020. It did help to keep me distracted! I need something new for 2022, lol.

Pam, I hope your delivery comes early enough for a workout. It’s always a good feeling to declutter.
Old 01-24-22, 07:10 PM  
donnamp

Soooo....my DD's BF tested positive for COVID. He was here on Friday and she was w/ him all day on Sunday. Hopefully those boosters will do their job.

Sherry - I'm glad you felt well enough to start workouts again! I really like Lauren's channel, I almost did something from it today but got busy and now I don't feel like doing it.

My hat is off to you for doing all that painting, it is hard work! It does make a huge improvement on the house though!

Pam - I hope your delivery arrived early enough for you to get in a workout.

I am trying to come up with a plan for February that will include more strength training.....

Hope everyone has a nice evening -

Donna

Tags
tablet