Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-17-22, 12:52 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning/afternoon (since I had the day off!) featured:

Senior Shape by Lauren - Full Body Barre w/ Mini Loop Resistance Band
Sarah Beth Yoga - Yoga for Beginners - Morning Stretches to Wake Up

I enjoyed the barre workout w/ the resistance loop - realized that my left glute and hip is much weaker than my right.....but these resistance loop workouts really do help w/ my weak glute and hip muscles.

Liz - I have the day off, too, it is nice to have an extra day -even though it is quite dreary here.

Sherry - how are you feeling?

Pam and wishiwasinhawaii - did you get a lot of snow? we had some snow last night but it changed over to rain - left a slushy mess.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 02:29 PM  
Leonana

I’m feeling pretty good today, just a little congested and fatigued, but almost back to normal. This is day seven I guess. It was pretty much a head cold, and much milder and shorter than the chest colds I had last fall. I think the vax and booster made a difference, especially at my age of 62. Dh feels better too although his cough is lingering. Dd never got it, although she was exposed to us the evening before we had symptoms. She’s vaxed but not boostered. I’m thankful she didn’t come down with it.

Our electricity was out from around 5:00 am to 7:45 am. Something to do with the electrical voltage system. I’m just glad it came on in time for me to have my morning coffee lol.

Donna, enjoy your day off. Good luck with the painters tomorrow. I hope the one doesn’t have covid and recovers soon.

Liz, sugar is my downfall too! I lost some weight with my tooth problems, then started gaining it back, now I’ve lost again this week. I need to maintain it!
Old 01-17-22, 04:08 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Lift with Cee (workout five!)

Hi ladies,

This weekend was a blur. I didn't rest well and didn't workout either. Actually, I had worn some new gym shoes the last time I was on the treadmill (that were too large) and I got a blister on the back of my heel. Of all things, but it's kept me off the treadmill for a few days. I should have just doubled up on the socks, it's certainly cold enough here.

Sherry, glad you and DH are on the mend.

Donna and Liz, enjoy your work free day off!

wishiwasinhawaii, good for you for being so committed to Lift and Shift.

I had a chance to preview Kelly's latest Power Split workout last night, and posted my thoughts in the GD forum. I actually like that the strength training workouts don't take up too much time, so kind of the opposite of Lift and Shift with regard to heavier lifting, ha! I'm hoping to try a couple of the workouts out this week...for reals. I can always pick back up with Cee's rotation anytime, it's so flexible.

Yep, we got snow late last night or into the morning, but todays rain melted everything away. It has been very windy here, though and many folks are without power. Sherry, I so need my AM coffee, lol!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 07:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts were:

Lively Ladies - Low Impact Sweaty Cardio Workout (1/14/22 Upload)
Jessica Valent - Hip Pain Routine
Sarah Beth - Yoga for Beginners Full Body Basic Yoga Stretches

Not much to report about these - LL was as expected and typical of her other workouts, which is NOT a bad thing. Jessica Valent was my PT for the day.
And, I'm continuing on w/ Sarah Beth's Beginner to Yogi calendar - I'm enjoying it so far. It is on her streaming site, and I will probably not finish it before my $1 month is up - but I don't think I will subscribe b/c it is too pricey - $29/month - and that is too much for me to pay - especially with all the yoga DVDs I own plus the assortment of You Tube yoga out there!

Sherry - I'm glad you are feeling better and DH, too.

Pam - eek - sorry about the blister. My sleep has not been good either. I know that mine is mostly being worried about things...which is, of course, silly b/c worry doesn't really get you anywhere....

Liz - my eating has been not the best either and I do need to get back on track sooner rather than later.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!!

Donna
Old 01-18-22, 10:17 AM  
Leonana

Feeling a little better every day, but still dealing with congestion and lower energy. Crossing my fingers I can work out next week. And to top it off, my allergies are terrible this winter. All that rain we’ve had the past six months, combined with 70 degree temps, and the pollen outside is nuts. If I’m outside longer than five minutes, I have an allergy attack. Constant sneezing and running nose on top of the virus congestion. But I’m okay if I stay inside, it’s just a bummer I can’t enjoy the nice weather.

Pam, sorry to hear about the blister. I hope it heals soon. I’m glad you like Kelly’s workouts, shorter is good. That’s why I liked Jessica’s newest you tube strength, it’s 40 minutes including the warm up and hits my sweet spot.

Donna, I’m worrying more lately. Being more isolated and not working out makes it worse. I want to do some Lively Ladies for cardio once I feel better. Thanks for the article, it really tracks with what I was thinking. Tbh, all those years of doing light weight Jessica workouts increased my functional strength for daily activities. I think we don’t have to kill ourself lifting heavier to increase functional strength.
Old 01-19-22, 08:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Can I just say I'm sick of the sight of my painting crew? It is a small business - we knew the owner from the church we used to go to. He is a great guy, very reasonable, but it is just him and one other person working - he says he is having a hard time hiring people - I remember when he did other work for us in previous years he had a larger crew. So, I do need to be patient since I know it is challenging working with limited staff - but I really want some peace and quiet again! LOL! They also start work at 7/7:30 so I need to be ready for them....which means rushing a bit. Oh well - this too shall pass.

January has been a turbulent month. My DD is not going to continue at her 4 year school, she is going to transfer to the community college. She is doing it b/c she is concerned that the classes she is taking at the small liberal arts college will not transfer well to a larger state university (which - is now her plan to transfer to U of MD - where, ironically, she got in as a freshman - to pursue Animal Science). I see her point - in fact there are cheat sheets that show the equivalent of classes at the local community colleges to the various state universities - but I am still uneasy to some extent about her decision. It is hard to be a parent and want to be supportive and know you need to hold your tongue on some things. I'm mostly concerned that when she finishes CC she will still not want to transfer to a large university and she will have eliminated the option to stay local...but I guess that is a worry for another day. Sorry to vent! Also the CC is virtual which is not the best at all for education - particularly if you are taking science classes with labs. The liberal arts school, being small, is in-person with a frequent amount of testing.

Moving on....

Last night I added on CS 2019 - I felt the need for it after a long day of sitting. It felt good!

Today, inspired by yesterday's success with CS I did CS 2020 followed by Jessica Valent's - Quickie Arm Burn. I'm loosely following JV's calendar this week - there is one more weight workout on the schedule for today but I had to cut it short to be ready for the painters.

Sherry - glad you are feeling better - I think with any illness it just takes time....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-19-22, 10:27 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was a treadmill day, and today ended up being the same (though a much longer walk/hike.)

Went to the library today to use photocopy machine, so I can send documents to mom's mortgage company and bank. I hope I got everything together that was needed. I couldn't even open the envelope that contained death certificates until yesterday. I don't know why I took so long with some of these financial matters, but I should have been on it weeks ago. I've just been delaying things.

Donna, it's wonderful that you truly want to see the best outcome for your daughter by talking with her. Letting her know your suggestions/opinions regarding school will go a long way but kids are so stubborn and have to figure things out the hard way. Oh the painting... we had crews in and out of our home in RI for over a year when we first moved here. It was maddening. They tried to be quiet but they began their day at 7AM, so our day started early M-F. We looked forward to peace on the weekends and time to ourselves. We pretty much had whole house renovations so were sequestered in different bedrooms, depending on which room/floor they were working on. In the end, we fired the general contractor because projects were taking much longer and going way over budget. My DH had to micro-manage the GC and keep him on his toes going down the to-do list at every weekly meeting.

waves to everyone else! It's late and I'm ready for bed!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 08:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, after work I did:

Jessica Valent - Standing Weight Combo # 1
Jessica Valent - Hip & Leg Workout (my PT for the day)
Sarah Beth Yoga - Yoga for Beginners - Simple Yoga Flow for Mobility

It was nice to do all those add ons after work.

Today, so far, has been:

CS 2021
Giiad's Total Body Sculpt - Volume 1

I enjoyed both of these - I'm on a CS kick again, as you can see. And Gilad's was a nice combo of some lower body toning using body weight and a little bit of upper body and core. There are editing issues w/ Gilad's b/c they were taken from a TV show on FitTV from back in the day. I really enjoyed Fit TV when it was around!

We are having rain here and then supposedly it is going to get cold later today and maybe some snow. Eek.

Painters are still here.......LOL!

Re: my DD - Thanks! I guess as a parent you can't help but worry and you have to find the right balance of giving advice and intruding. It would, of course, be a different story if she were younger, but she is 18 and does have the right to make certain decisions for herself and forcing certain things - like forcing her to stay in a particular school - are likely to backfire anyway. I just hope when the time comes she follows through on her plan. My DH didn't find his career until he was in his 30's so I know for some it takes longer. I, on the other hand, was a good soldier completed my undergrad in 4 years and never really found a job or career that i enjoyed. This is one of those times when I wish I had a crystal ball to know whether I should worry or not. My DD has always been something of a "late bloomer" - academically she does fine - but I think she needs more time to mature and I guess it was a good insight on her part to know she wasn't ready to go away to school when the time came for it. Oh well - one day at a time, right?

Pam - OMG, I couldn't imagine this going on for a year - but I do want to get my bathrooms and kitchen done - so I know I'm not done yet. I figure while I'm still working at home is the best time for it. But I would hate to do all the "management" that your DH had to do!

And yes, kids, well, pretty much everyone, has to learn for themselves. *sigh*

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-21-22, 12:26 AM  
Leonana

Still battling my congestion. It seems better in the morning, then gets worse at night. It’s not as bad as the first five days, but it is certainly lingering. It even feels worse today. It’s been 10 days, crossing my fingers it’s gone soon. I miss working out. With my colds starting in August, then my tooth and now the virus, I think I had one good workout month last November lol. On a positive note, I think I think I lost the ten pounds I wanted to lose. Hopefully, I can maintain it. There’s always an upside!

I did my volunteer filing today. The lady I file for was out sick a couple of days, although she tested negative. She said half the office is out sick right now, with covid, flu and colds.

Donna, I hope the painters are done soon. I’m sure your dd will figure it out and it will work out eventually. If only we had a crystal ball! My dd stopped classes altogether. I still hope she returns eventually, but she’ll probably be working full time at that point.

Pam, good luck with finishing your mom’s paperwork. I’m sure it will be a relief to get it done.
Old 01-21-22, 08:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I did my "PT" exercises w/ Annie Pilates PT - the piriformis program w/ the resistance loop. That one gets me every time. But it does provide relief.

Today, so far, has been:

CS 2023 - I think - that is the # - it was an all standing workout
Charlene Prickett - Season 17 - Low Impact Cardio*

*blast from the past day! I really enjoy Charlene's low impact cardio - it is more intense and less boring than some of the walking videos out there. It is a bit dated - in this one she was talking about OJ Simpson and DNA testing - so I am guessing it was from the mid-90's. But it does stand the test of time. I always enjoyed Charlene. I also always hoped her daughter would take over after she retired, but I guess not. I read somewhere on VF that Charlene's DH passed away and that she lives in Hawaii now.

Anyway- that is it for my Friday!

Sherry - it is hard not to worry about our kids, but I do need to remind myself that they need to figure things out on their own. Ironically, my DH who took more than 4 years to finish college, and tried several different careers - including law school and being a lawyer - before deciding that wasn't right - is LESS patient w/ her than I am. I just worry more about her anxiety, etc. inhibiting her more than anything else. Always something.

Waves, everyone!!

Donna

Tags
tablet