Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-19-22, 07:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Can I just say I'm sick of the sight of my painting crew? It is a small business - we knew the owner from the church we used to go to. He is a great guy, very reasonable, but it is just him and one other person working - he says he is having a hard time hiring people - I remember when he did other work for us in previous years he had a larger crew. So, I do need to be patient since I know it is challenging working with limited staff - but I really want some peace and quiet again! LOL! They also start work at 7/7:30 so I need to be ready for them....which means rushing a bit. Oh well - this too shall pass.

January has been a turbulent month. My DD is not going to continue at her 4 year school, she is going to transfer to the community college. She is doing it b/c she is concerned that the classes she is taking at the small liberal arts college will not transfer well to a larger state university (which - is now her plan to transfer to U of MD - where, ironically, she got in as a freshman - to pursue Animal Science). I see her point - in fact there are cheat sheets that show the equivalent of classes at the local community colleges to the various state universities - but I am still uneasy to some extent about her decision. It is hard to be a parent and want to be supportive and know you need to hold your tongue on some things. I'm mostly concerned that when she finishes CC she will still not want to transfer to a large university and she will have eliminated the option to stay local...but I guess that is a worry for another day. Sorry to vent! Also the CC is virtual which is not the best at all for education - particularly if you are taking science classes with labs. The liberal arts school, being small, is in-person with a frequent amount of testing.

Moving on....

Last night I added on CS 2019 - I felt the need for it after a long day of sitting. It felt good!

Today, inspired by yesterday's success with CS I did CS 2020 followed by Jessica Valent's - Quickie Arm Burn. I'm loosely following JV's calendar this week - there is one more weight workout on the schedule for today but I had to cut it short to be ready for the painters. Hopefully i can get back to the weights later today and maybe some Hip/Glute PT work

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 09:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone. I'm back in the slow zone again, this back and forth weather is playing with my autoimmune issues. Yesterday I accomplished:

~ Lee Holden Qigong for Back Pain - lying face up
~ YWK Restorative Yoga for Aching Joints
~ 4,937 steps

Hoping to be a little more active today and finish up LWR's Advent challenge soon - only two classes left! She has a shred type of challenge now, I might consider that later.

Donna, having tradespeople in the house really does get old. That's too bad he can't find workers. I sure hope all these issues we've never experienced before start to improve. I can see why you're uneasy about DD, too.

Good morning to all the rest! Everyone stay well today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 11:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Agh, I just deleted my somewhat long, rambling post so maybe that was a sign to shorten it up. LOL. My back is about the same which is good since it has improved a bit though still far from 100%. I could easily do some pilates or MR but I've just totally lost my motivation over these past few months of no exercise. And the weather isn't very agreeable to walking right now so I need to do some mental readjusting for now.

PAT, sorry to hear the autoimmune issues are acting up. Slow and steady as they say. I should look into LWR more, she has short enjoyable workouts that I should be able to talk myself into.

DONNA, it's amazing you get any workouts done at all with all that intrusion. Aside from the expense, that's the big reason I hate home repairs/renovations. But it will be so satisfying once it's completed. I remember when my DD was in college she changed her major several times and wound up having to go an extra year. But it does work out in the end even though the journey is not easy.

Hi to PAM & DIANE!!

Send some motivation my way please ladies!

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 02:12 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I hope everyone is well & those out east are surviving the snow!

Tues:
~Moon Salutations Full Moon Practice for Forgiveness & Clarity (YT) - The salutations were shorter and the practice was 30 min. There were a few poses I like missing from the flow so I found it a bit too repetitive.
~walkabout & a visit to the Honolulu zoo, 19,000 steps

Today:
~Hatha flow yoga class under palm trees in a park by the beach - This was lovely!
~walkabout, 11,000 steps

Summer breeze - Sorry you’ve lost your workout mojo! My only suggestion is to revisit a gentle workout with an instructor you like that leaves you feeling good. (((Hugs)))

Donna - Ugh, having work done in your home is intrusive & stressful. I hope things work out for your DD. It’s hard to step back and not offer advice.

Pat - I’m sorry you’re having autoimmune issues. Take care and I hope you feel better soon. (((Hugs)))

Waves to Diane!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 06:45 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

Well, once again, Christopher seems to have rebounded. Only time will tell but I'll take it! It's been an exhausting 3 weeks.

I will be getting back to working out today. I apologize for no comments on other things as I've simply lost track. Hopefully today is another day!

Sending waves to everyone and thank you for the positive energy sent Chris' way. As I type this, he's in the living room yelling for my husband - always a good sign!

I'll be back!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 08:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, after work I did:

Jessica Valent - Standing Weight Combo # 1
Jessica Valent - Hip & Leg Workout (my PT for the day)
Sarah Beth Yoga - Yoga for Beginners - Simple Yoga Flow for Mobility

It was nice to do all those add ons after work.

Today, so far, has been:

CS 2021
Giiad's Total Body Sculpt - Volume 1

I enjoyed both of these - I'm on a CS kick again, as you can see. And Gilad's was a nice combo of some lower body toning using body weight and a little bit of upper body and core. There are editing issues w/ Gilad's b/c they were taken from a TV show on FitTV from back in the day. I really enjoyed Fit TV when it was around!

We are having rain here and then supposedly it is going to get cold later today and maybe some snow. Eek.

Painters are still here.......LOL!

Diane - glad to hear that Christopher is ok for now. I have to make an appointment for my Lab. I just want to check her out to see if something is going on (maybe kidney issues?) or if it is just a matter or normal aging. She does drink a lot - but she doesn't get up all day so when she drinks she drinks - but she isn't looking for water all day - if that makes sense? She is also having some accidents and some "leaking"...TMI, I know. But I'd like her to have some bloodwork to see if there is something going on besides just getting older.

Re: my DD - Thanks! I guess as a parent you can't help but worry and I you have to find the right balance of giving advice and intruding. It would, of course, be a different story if she were younger, but she is 18 and does have the right to make certain decisions for herself and forcing certain things - like forcing her to stay in a particular school - are likely to backfire anyway. I just hope when the time comes she follows through on her plan. My DH didn't find his career until he was in his 30's so I know for some it takes longer. I, on the other hand, was a good soldier completed my undergrad in 4 years and never really found a job or career that i enjoyed. This is one of those times when I wish I had a crystal ball to know whether I should worry or not. My DD has always been something of a "late bloomer" - academically she does fine - but I think she needs more time to mature and I guess it was a good insight on her part to know she wasn't ready to go away to school when the time came for it. Oh well - one day at a time, right?

Summer Breeze - I agree w/ Pam's advice, just start slow, and do something short and sweet and that you enjoy. I sure do miss getting some fresh air - but w/ the work being done on my house and the weather, ugh....

Pat - I hope you are feeling better!

Pam - It is definitely a balancing act when you are a parent of a young adult. Honestly, this is the hardest "parenting" stage I have ever been in and no one talks about it - we hear about "terrible 2's" and teen rebellion - but not about parenting young adults who are in that gray zone between child and adult. Sigh!

Donna
Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 10:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Nothing to report except meditation for my sadhana plus around 4,000 steps. I caught up on chores and rested when I got home. It's snowing here but should turn to rain by the time I drive home. As of right now, it's very pretty looking out my office window at the trees and fairy flakes.

Good workouts for you, Donna. I'm sure your daughter will make the right decision. So true, at a certain age you have to let them make the big life determinations.

Summer Breeze I got 501'd yesterday, too. It seems to know when I typed the message cold instead of copying from Word. Roll Eyes! I hope you find your motivation again for some gentler workouts.

Yay Christopher! Good news Diane.

Aloha Pam!
Old 01-20-22, 11:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Yesterday was:

28 minute outdoor walk
push-ups and plank

We got into the 40s yesterday so I couldn't resist a walk around the neighborhood. My back did act up during and after the walk but today it seems ok. Not great but manageable. We have some snow going on now so I may just rest today or try a short MR.

Thank you all. I know I need to start slow with non-dread workouts. Walking is my usual go to for that but during the winter it's harder to be consistent with outdoor walking. I'll try to do some short MR's a few times a week and walk when I can and also rest when my back tells me it's had enough. lol

Waves to all. Have a wonderful day!
Old 01-20-22, 11:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Donna, does your daughter like yoga? Kassandra just released a practice for equestrians!

Stretches for Equestrians
Old 01-21-22, 08:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was just push-ups and planks and a little snow shoveling (barely an inch of snow but still had to be cleaned up). I figured that was enough activity for the day and didn't want to push it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga