Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-22, 12:36 PM  
sciencelady

Vantreesta, It's in Long Lake Park in New Brighton, MN http://icecastles.com/minnesota/
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-22, 02:34 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencelady View Post
Vantreesta, It's in Long Lake Park in New Brighton, MN http://icecastles.com/minnesota/
Thank you!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-22, 07:20 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I didn't post yesterday? Sorry about that. I guess it really was a lazy-ish day. We had another one today. I did a grocery store pick-up this morning and did some crafting this afternoon. We dealt a lot with Polly today. It was cold (for North Carolina) and she was in and out a lot. We decided that she wanted it to be warmer outside and kept coming in to warm up. We're supposed to get snow/ice tomorrow morning and, where we are, it should turn to rain by the afternoon. North Carolinians are freaking out, of course. It will be worse to the west of us, so Charlotte will have it worse than Raleigh (if the projections are correct).

Anita - The ice castle sounds neat. Hope Adelija had a good time at the basketball game.

Paula - Well, at least, you can't catch it. It's a shame that the COVID test took so long and kept you in a holding pattern so that his infection could get so bad. I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly and that you feel like you're getting a break by not having to stay distanced from him.

Vantreesta - Feel free to drop in any time. We like visitors.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-22, 09:48 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was a walking workout with Leslie Sansone.

DH had a good night last night in that he didn't have any bouts of high fever and chills. So I was able to sleep through the night. His temperature was normal most of today and his coughing is getting better too. Hooray for antibiotics.

He felt well enough to leave the house for a short while. I needed to get to Trader Joes, he went along and waited in the car while I shopped. We then got a quick lunch and went home. We were gone an hour on the outside. He was tired when we go home and took a nap but I see this as progress. He actually ate most of his lunch, up until now he's hasn't had any appetite and I have to keep reminding him to drink and eat. Even so he won't eat or drink much.

Vantreesta, I join Laura in welcoming you to drop in anytime. We like visitors and more.

Laura, My family are set for the storm but my sister says they predict every storm as Armageddon then everyone is pleased and surprised when it isn't as bad as predicted. The antibiotics are kicking in and DH is feeling some better. The saliva COVID test is very accurate but takes 3 - 5 days and his took the full 5 days. They gave him the one where you stick a feather down the nostril and into your brain at the ER and that one was a fast result and was negative too.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-22, 10:34 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for the welcome, ladies.

Paula, I hope your DH recovers soon.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-16-22, 10:11 AM  
sciencelady

Vantreesta, we start a new thread every week - please join us over there!
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 10:52 AM  
Vantreesta

Anita, I appreciate the invite but I already have 4 check ins I barely keep up with. But who knows, maybe I'll pop in now and then!

BTW, Gus is so handsome. What breed(s) is he?