Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-10-22, 10:06 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I did HR Day 6 CST today. It's definitely has a good cardio.

I love to see everybody tack on shorter workouts as a finisher. Another way to use shorter workouts from these awesome youtube instructors. And there are soooo many!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 11:50 AM  
alisoncooks

Tuesday:
Warmed up with Cee. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5pqnPu...YmUkJP&index=2

Then did a 10 min beginner workout with Dark Horse Rowing. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Gzav...PIcSkR&index=9

Trying to start off slowly because I have soft, baby hands. And despite my efforts to not grip or pull, I’ve already got a couple of “hot spots” on my palms (pre-blisters). Taking my time so I (hopefully) can toughen up my skin!

Got distracted after the row and didn’t stretch. I regret that oversight.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 11:53 AM  
mandie123

Did 2 weight workouts with PJ,followed by a 20 minute pilates workout.
Old 01-11-22, 02:35 PM  
jetlitis

Patrick Goudeau (with Rob Glick and Darrin Grove)
G-Force Hi/Lo (32m)

A retro workout from 1997 which I've always to try. This workout is instructed by Patrick Goudeau, who cues really well. I had to modify some of the more challenging moves. There's also TIFTing in the workout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA0pj9dbMPw&t=6s

Up to the BEat Fit
Move Into 2022 | 30 Minute Walking Workout | Walk Your Way Into A Fitter YOU (33m)

This is Gina B's newest 2022 workout on YT. The workout was enjoyable (fun!) and there are several calorie bursts in the workout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF8hHkepZSY
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 06:29 PM  
gigi

Yay to everyone checking in! Tonight was Day 7 40 Minute Tabata Legs & Abs. It was killer and I took some extra rests. I feel like I'm improving in cardio capacity and even some of the dreaded plank type moves I hate. I do them carefully. Edited to add that I just finished a 30 minute Stretch & Mobility by CDorner Fitness. It was so relaxing and much needed.

If I feel up to it, I"m going to do Day 8 (Unilateral Upper Body) tomorrow. Day 9 (Booty Builder, which I hope has plenty of strength work with DB's and not just activation) on Thursday. Rest on Friday and finish the week with Day 10 (No repeat HiiT cardio)on Saturday. Depending on what the HiiT cardio workout consists of, I may sub another cardio. I cant' wait to see what Unilateral Upper Body is like. I love Heather's unilateral leg workouts!
Old 01-11-22, 10:52 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Today: Day 7 40 Minute Tabata Legs & Abs. This got my heart rate up! I'm looking forward to the rest day tomorrow. I'll be doing Mossa.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 03:15 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Sorry I was MIA for a bit.

Saturday I ended up doing KayKay’s Rise & Shine Day 7&8. Day 8 was a 40 minute all standing cardio. Day 7 was a 20 minute ab tabata. I finished with Courtney Anderson’s Ignite day 5 20 minute abs and glutes.

Sunday I was under the weather and missed Epic’s first hiit. Sigh. I may or may not make it up later.

Monday I was back in my groove for Epic day 6 chest and tris paired with KK’s day 9 upper body. That was a pretty unique workout. She worked the upper body unilaterally using only one weight.

Today was Epic #7 lower body and paired with KK’s Rise & Shine #11 51 minute cardio with 5lb weights. That was a sweatfest if anyone is looking for a good cardio using light weights. Epic was 47 minutes and felt like hours (I hate leg day LOL). The 51 min cardio felt like a half hour.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 09:04 AM  
alisoncooks

Today was a light day — feeling sore from my restart this week.
I did:
Jessica’s newest mobility warmup. I liked it! It was about 5-10 minutes too long for me; I started getting squirrely but was able to make it through.

Paula’s Wind Down practice. Just nice and stretchy. I use this one a lot.

Caroline’s 8-min glute/band workout (did with my teens — I “make” them do a 10 minute arm, ab, or lower body workbook each day as a part of our New Years resolutions to be more well-rounded and less couch potato-y).

Last edited by alisoncooks; 01-12-22 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Added links
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 03:43 PM  
manleym

Yesterday:

MrandMrsMuscle Lower Body Warm Up 5 Min Modifications Included + Caroline Lifted Lower Body Workout - Dumbbell Leg Day EPIC Endgame Day 7 + 20 Minute Bodyweight Leg Workout Calisthenics Giant Sets. Both are GREAT workouts! My LB was burned out!! I finished with Daniela Suarez 7 Min Lower Body Stretch Get Your Splits! Flexibility, Recovery & Relaxation No Equipment.

Jetlitis thanks for sharing the link to Patrick's workout. I love him! I added this to my list of "want-to-try" workouts.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 05:45 PM  
jetlitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Yesterday:

Jetlitis thanks for sharing the link to Patrick's workout. I love him! I added this to my list of "want-to-try" workouts.
You're very welcome!
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad