Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-22, 09:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

No workout today so far. I had to put my Lab to sleep this morning. Last night she let me know that it was time as she fell outside in the yard while doing her business and couldn't get up. I had to get my DD to help me and it still wasn't easy as she as panicking about not being able to get up on her own. Then, this morning, same thing. I had to have the vet staff help me bring her into the office b/c she had so much trouble walking. It was peaceful and I got to be with her through the whole thing. She fell asleep in her favorite position. It is so hard and sad - but I have to be strong for my other dog who I am sure will wonder where she is.

I'm not sure if I'll do anything workout-wise today. If weather permits I will take my other dog for a walk. My lower back/hip are bothering me - probably from attempting to lift/help Bailey up and not being in a good position to do it - particularly slipping on wet grass, etc.

Anyway, it is truly a worse than usual Monday here.

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-22, 11:08 AM  
Leonana

Yesterday afternoon I did Jessica's newest strength, which was 42 minutes. I really liked it. I did skip the one ab move on the floor, but that eliminated only a minute and a half. I especially liked that she included calf raises.

Donna, I am so sorry. Sending thoughts and prayers your way. You made the right choice, she is not suffering now. Hugs.
Old 10-03-22, 01:45 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Cathe LITE Lower Body Stacked Sets & Jane Adams Yoga for Beginners (Lying Practice!)

Oh Donna, my heart aches for you (and your loss!) I'm so sorry, but it does sounds like it was best. I've been thinking about you, as we will have to do the same....probably by years end.

Today's Cathe strength workout went much better and not as speedy as the Upper Body I did yesterday. I will just pause the other one, when needed. Otherwise, some good exercises and body is thoroughly warmed up beforehand. Jane's Lying practice was a perfect add-on and this one! Soooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooood!!!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-22, 06:37 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today I did Full Body Flow from Jessica's Fusion Flow + Glow DVD (S&C rotation) and I really enjoyed it! It was the perfect way to get up and get some movement in on a cold and rainy day.

Donna, I'm so sorry about your lab. I'm sure it was tough thing to do, but at least she's no longer suffering. My thoughts are with you. Hang in there.

Sherry, It's always kind of amusing to me when I skip a section of a workout thinking I'm saving a ton of time and it turns out to only be a minute or so, LOL!

Pam, I've always been afraid to do any of Cathe's workouts!
Old 10-04-22, 08:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did pretty much nothing. I attempted to work but was not very productive. I ended up crashing on the couch early and sleeping a lot. I think it helped. Still sad about Bailey, but that is to be expected....and I know it will take some time. My other dog, Summer, seems to be doing ok, so that is good.

Today I decided to give Caroline Jordan's October Calendar a try - her focus for this month is hip health.

Today was:

20 Min Hip Mobility (from You Tube)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x_6KQkAnUw

15 Min Core Stability (from You Tube)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuhaBZ5WPgM

The calendar also called for a 20 min outdoor walk but we are still in the rain here from Ian so I did an indoor walk from Body Kind Fitness - it was one of those w/no talking. It was fine - nothing special, but it got the job done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C31vyhrQTAU

Caroline's workouts are pre-hab/re-hab - she recommends doing theme before doing other exercise - but geez, I was 35 min in before I got to my walk today. I don't know how realistic it is for us to do this on a regular basis - I mean, i guess if we had unlimited time to workout - but most of us don't. But, that being said, I can see the benefits - and maybe I'll see what I can find in terms of short workouts like these that I can do in lieu of another warm up - also, I suppose you can pick a handful of exercises that are most beneficial to you and do those regularly. Something to think about.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday - rainy/dreary here again - I think tomorrow the sun will come out...

Donna
Old 10-04-22, 12:59 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Cathe Lite Pyramid Pump (Upper Body) & Jane Beginners Yoga (Upper Body Flexibility!)

Hi everyone,

My hike got canceled today, due to the rain. So continued with Cathe (strength) and Jane (yoga.)

Enjoyed both workouts today. With pyramid, you do three sets with each round increasing the weight. Some of the exercises were done on the stability ball, which I love! Makes me want to do Cathe's Butts and Guts now. I don't realize how tight I am in my shoulders, until I do this segment with Jane which was very good working both flexibility and strength.

Cleaning up after cat messes that are not in the bathroom where her boxes are now. Found pee on my step that is underneath my desk. DH is livid now that she's cutting loose anywhere, if she can't make it to the boxes at night. Not good.

April Focus:
Old 10-04-22, 10:54 PM  
Leonana

I started with a Senior Shape upper body workout, 10 Minute Arm Toning. I did about 5 minutes 30 seconds of that one before bailing and moving on to Jessica’s you tube workout, 10 Minute Upper Body. The Senior Shape workout seemed more like barre moves with light weights. I like Jessica’s regular strength moves better. Just personal preference I guess.

wishiwasinhawaii, I have always been too intimidated by Cathe too!

Pam, I’m sorry about your cat. It’s so hard when they struggle.

Donna, I’m glad you felt up for a workout today. You did the right thing to rest yesterday.
Old 10-05-22, 08:10 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Still dreary and rainy here......

Yesterday, after work, I jumped on the Ellen - Peace, Love & Cardio train and did that one. It was too rainy to walk outdoors.

Today, I continued w/ Ellen and did Yoga Tone

I do want to go back and do more of Caroline Jordan's workouts, but I am in an Ellen mood - so will go with that for now. At "lunch" today I plan to take a walk of some type - indoors/outdoors....

Pam - I'm sorry about the cat messes - that was a big issue w/ Bailey. It was constant - I think at the end she had some nerve damage and really couldn't control it. Nice job w/ Cathe!

Sherry - Good job!! Working out is just part of my routine and I feel off if I don't do it - so even if I keep it light or short or simple it just helps....I have been going to sleep earlier and just being generally lazy. I think it is a combo of being sleep deprived for months, being sad, and the weather.

wishiwasinhawaii - I have done some Cathe, but not much...I mostly did her early step workouts - I think I still have some of them on VHS. I really should pull them out again. Her strength stuff scared me off though.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 10-05-22, 01:25 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Cathe LITE Pyramid Pump (Lower Body); David-Dorian Tai Chi for Women!

Hi Ladies,

Another good day with the workouts. Another three sets with the Lower Body and various parts and this one uses Gliders, which I like. Cathe's pace is much better for the lower body than upper. David-Dorian's Tai Chi workout didn't seem to have exercises especially geared towards women, so not sure about the title. But, this is filmed outdoors on a lovely patio with nice trees in the background. The two women that join David-Dorian each take their turn at leading parts of the workout, but David Dorian does the majority of the practice. It was a nice add-on to Cathe's workout.

I'm tired today. Sad about having to isolate our one cat in the bathroom again. We began doing this when I'd started my Summer School class and she was only locked up for about a month. Then we thought she was doing okay, even though she was making messes outside of her litterbox. But, now that we've discovered accidents around the house, we had to lock her up again. So depressing to not have her out with us day or night.

April Focus:
Old 10-06-22, 12:04 AM  
Leonana

I did Jessica’s 10 Minute Lower Body workout this afternoon. It was a body weight workout.

Donna, I hope you got some good sleep last night. Exercise definitely helps me relax more at night, even after work.

Pam, I’m so sorry about your cat. I know that must be hard.

Tags
tablet