Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-22, 10:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm three for three - today was FitPrime Lean -this is probably the toughest of the FitPrime series. it is almost an hour long. Heidi Tanner leads it - she is/was such a great lead. I wonder what she went on to do fitness-wise after the FIRM/FitPrime/Kickbutt era?

Pat - glad you enjoyed the movie - yea, sometimes things do tend to drag along a bit more than they should. too much of a good thing...

I hope everyone has a nice Sunday. It is rainy and dreary here. Will probably just read and putter today.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-22, 11:11 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

PT exercises and stretches
Push ups and plank
60 kettlebell swings

Probably another day of no walking. It's chilly, windy, damp and gray. Not as rainy as predicted at least.

PAT, enjoy that pumpkin spice. Very nice workouts. Sounds like a fun night, dinner and a movie. I'll have to look that movie up.

DONNA, great job with the fitprime spree.
Continued hugs for you and Bailey.

Waves DIANE & BETH.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-22, 06:13 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone,

Well, after a very sleepless week, all due to the loss of Monkey, I finally slept well last night and managed:

Bad Yogi’s Total Body Balance practice
Pushups and Dips

We lost 2 very loved cats in the span of 7 months and these losses have hit us hard. We still have 2 and I am thankful for that. I am a natural caretaker, always have been since I was a child (thank my maternal grandmother for that trait).

We are now expediting moving from this house. I just feel like it has some bad energy. Since 2015, we lost 5 pets in this house. Call me superstitious or whatever but my gut is now telling me it's time.

We're planning a trip down to Delaware in January or February to check out the area. I've been doing a lot of googling of the different things we must have, would be nice to have, and absolutely do not want. The move may not happen for up to 3 years but we're seriously preparing. It's not that simple when you have a house to sell and want to buy another - at the same time! I'm also open to renting for a year if that is what has to happen.

Anyway, I'm happy to be back. I promise not to be such a Debbie-Downer from this point on.

I want to welcome Beth!

Donna - thinking of you and your lab.

Pat - Home Improvement! I'm going to have to take that one out!

Summer Breeze - so happy you're moving and getting better every day!

See everyone tomorrow! Night night!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-22, 09:13 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day everyone! Yesterday I managed:

~ My own Pilates/PT routine with stability ball
~ GYM for an hour of recumbent and weight machines
~ 4,322 steps

Diane, I'm glad you were able to get some sleep. It sounds sensible to start researching now and not make a rush.

Good morning Donna, Summer Breeze and Beth, sorry to be short today! Have a wonderful day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-22, 09:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

No workout today so far. I had to put my Lab to sleep this morning. Last night she let me know that it was time as she fell outside in the yard while doing her business and couldn't get up. I had to get my DD to help me and it still wasn't easy as she as panicking about not being able to get up on her own. Then, this morning, same thing. I had to have the vet staff help me bring her into the office b/c she had so much trouble walking. It was peaceful and I got to be with her through the whole thing. She fell asleep in her favorite position. It is so hard and sad - but I have to be strong for my other dog who I am sure will wonder where she is.

I'm not sure if I'll do anything workout-wise today. If weather permits I will take my other dog for a walk. My lower back/hip are bothering me - probably from attempting to lift/help Bailey up and not being in a good position to do it - particularly slipping on wet grass, etc.

Anyway, it is truly a worse than usual Monday here.

Diane - ((HUGS)) it sucks.

Pat - nice workouts - LWR put together an October playlist on You Tube. I love that she puts out all these free challenges, very generous of her.

Waves, Summer Breeze and Beth.

Donna
Old 10-03-22, 09:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

LWR Standing Abs Cardio Workout

I very much enjoyed this workout. Got in some cardio since the walking hasn't been happening with this crappy weather. And it looks like it will continue for a few more days. I went out with some friends last night and I'm definitely feeling it today.

DONNA, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's hard and sad but it was time. I'm glad you were able to be there and that she fell asleep in her favorite position

DIANE, glad to see you back after a good night's rest. I'm sorry about Monkey too.
It does sound like time to leave. I'm interested in hearing about Delaware and other places you look into.

PAT, nice workout day.

Hi BETH.

Have a good day everyone.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-22, 01:41 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone,

I opted for a nice long walk this morning after starting a slow cooker of lentil soup. It's that kind of weather. It felt good to be outside as our bike riding season is coming to a close. We definitely need to be somewhere warmer.

Donna: {{{ Hugs }}} it truly does suck.

Pat: Moan day always makes me smile. I actually *sometimes* miss working believe it or not. I may get a part-time job next year, depending on Covid, just to make some extra money for the move and to get out of the house. I love my DH but 24/7 with the same man of 41 years is sometimes a bit much. He loves going everywhere with me and sometimes I just want to be alone.

Summer Breeze: Thank you for the kind words about Monkey. We really miss her so much. I will definitely keep you posted about Delaware. Some great things - they don't tax Social Security (state tax), low property taxes, a bit humid but the winters are definitely milder. Something to consider!

Hi Beth!!!!

Have a good rest of the day, everyone.

Diane
Old 10-04-22, 08:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did pretty much nothing. I attempted to work but was not very productive. I ended up crashing on the couch early and sleeping a lot. I think it helped. Still sad about Bailey, but that is to be expected....and I know it will take some time. My other dog, Summer, seems to be doing ok, so that is good.

Today I decided to give Caroline Jordan's October Calendar a try - her focus for this month is hip health.

Today was:

20 Min Hip Mobility (from You Tube)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x_6KQkAnUw

15 Min Core Stability (from You Tube)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuhaBZ5WPgM

The calendar also called for a 20 min outdoor walk but we are still in the rain here from Ian so I did an indoor walk from Body Kind Fitness - it was one of those w/no talking. It was fine - nothing special, but it got the job done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C31vyhrQTAU

Caroline's workouts are pre-hab/re-hab - she recommends doing theme before doing other exercise - but geez, I was 35 min in before I got to my walk today. I don't know how realistic it is for us to do this on a regular basis - I mean, i guess if we had unlimited time to workout - but most of us don't. But, that being said, I can see the benefits - and maybe I'll see what I can find in terms of short workouts like these that I can do in lieu of another warm up - also, I suppose you can pick a handful of exercises that are most beneficial to you and do those regularly. Something to think about.

Hope everyone's Tuesday is off to a good start!

Donna
Old 10-04-22, 08:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all! Yesterday featured:

~ Ellen's Peace, Love & Cardio
~ Charlotte's yoga class
~ 5,826 steps

I was motivated to do PL&C after reading the recent GT discussion. It was a good routine for the office. Char's class was a real treat. It was the first cold and rainy day, and I was the only attendee. We were able to have music (no Zoom-ins) and she made it a more restorative class with a long savasana. For the savasana she got out the various singing bowls and a big Tibetan gong that the lady who moved away donated to the studio, and we had a sound bath.

{{{Donna}}} big hugs, I'm so sorry for your loss. I will check out Lucy's new playlist, thank you. Sending hugs to Summer, too, on losing her friend.

Summer Breeze, good job on your workout. I hope you had fun with your friends.

Diane, yum I love lentil soup. I totally understand about never having alone time. No matter how much you love someone, it's good to have a few hours to just be and breathe and listen to silence.

Good morning to Beth!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 05:39 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

Yesterday, I was slicing a box in the garage (the new toilet box!) to break it down for the recycling. I was in my robe and socks and as I was slicing away my hand slipped and I sliced straight across my big right toe! I had hoped it just hit it but man can a toe bleed. So, because it's just above the joint, I have to take ANOTHER few days off to let it heal as pressuring the toe will only open up the wound.

I really have to slow down and be in the moment - always been my problem but at least I'm more aware. I cannot believe how dumb that was and thankful that it wasn't worse. Still, I'm sidelined for a couple of days. My blood clotting is slower because of my daily baby aspirin regiment....

Donna: Sending hugs and thank you for posting about Caroline Jordan's two workouts. Those look nice! I hope Summer is coping on the loss of Bailey. My two remaining cats act like all is well - go figure!

Pat: The slow cooker is one of the few things I love about winter! The yoga class sounds divine! Love long savasanas!

Hi to Summer Breeze and Beth! Have a great day everyone!

Diane

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga