Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-29-22, 08:54 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

22 minute outdoor walk
PT exercises & stretches
60 kettlebell swings

Well I walked even a little bit farther (further?) yesterday. I'm trying not to overdo it but it does feel good to be out there walking again. I even sucked it up and did the PT exercises. lol

BETH, I find walking very meditative. I hope to get back up to my 45 to 60 minute walks but I even enjoy the shorter ones for now. I get quick results with Callanetics too. I used to do AM Callanetics a lot. Shorter but still effective.

DONNA, good job with MR. I really need to get back to her shorter routines.

Waves to PAT & DIANE.

Have a wonderful day.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-22, 10:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Nothing to report, I didn't get up from my desk then had book club. I didn't sleep good, probably from hardly moving at all yesterday. Bad move!

I had an interesting morning. My allergist sent me to a speech pathologist, I have a condition called vocal cord dysfunction. They had me hum into a microphone (hilarious) and taught me breathing exercises and upper body de-stressing exercises (the usual shoulder rolls, look side to side, etc.) Habitual shoulder crunching tension contributes to V.C.D.

Summer Breeze - part of the problem with PT is the boredom. With other forms of movement we can pick and choose what seems fun that day. Keep up the good work, gold star!

Donna, how sweet you're nurturing your Lab by staying with her on the couch. I agree that Full Body Blast should seem a little easier when we're mentally prepared.

Beth, those are great results! I can see why you work through the boredom. It sounds very tough to hit the weights when you have that deep muscle barre soreness going on.

Sending hugs to Diane and all the MR check-in pets today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-22, 10:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Nothing to report, I didn't get up from my desk then had book club. I didn't sleep good, probably from hardly moving at all yesterday. Bad move!

I had an interesting morning. My allergist sent me to a speech pathologist, I have a condition called vocal cord dysfunction. They had me hum into a microphone (hilarious) and taught me breathing exercises and upper body de-stressing exercises (the usual shoulder rolls, look side to side, etc.) Habitual shoulder crunching tension and shallow breathing contribute to V.C.D.

Summer Breeze - part of the problem with PT is the boredom. With other forms of movement we can pick and choose what seems fun that day. Keep up the good work, gold star!

Donna, how sweet you're nurturing your Lab by staying with her on the couch. I agree that Full Body Blast should seem a little easier when we're mentally prepared.

Beth, those are great results! I can see why you work through the boredom. It sounds very tough to hit the weights when you have that deep muscle barre soreness going on.

Sending hugs to Diane and all the MR check-in pets today.
Old 09-30-22, 08:13 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning friends! TGIF! Nice crisp day here. In addition to a long nap after work, I accomplished:

~ Lower body exercises from Home Improvement
~ Kassandra Evening Yoga for Sore Muscles plus evening affirmations
~ 3,234 steps

It seems like I've been drawn to mullet workouts lately. One of the backgrounders in Home Improvement was the Face of MTV, with the 1980s makeup and not only a mullet, but a permed mullet. IDC - it was the era, she looked fab, and that's all that counts. Except at times I was calling Margaret Dr. Frank N. Furter with that black, wild hair and nude tights, b/c she was killing me.

Waves to all!
Old 09-30-22, 08:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was a random one -

FitPrime Lower Body Burn - random observations - Once again, Anna proved herself to be ahead of her time - using the block between the legs for squats, etc. does help stabilize the hips and engage the inner thighs better! And, she ends her workouts w/ back extensions! Back in 2005 (!!) when these came out, I don't think these were common practices. The workout was also much harder than I remembered, back in 2005 I viewed these as "too easy" or "for a light day" and I probably used heavier weights and used weights when they didn't. Today I followed along - and in fact, modified some things that I know are bad for me (any type of pelvic tuck and crunch). I went w/ 3's for my weights. I did enjoy this one. We will see if I do the next one in the rotation, Lean, tomorrow...

Caroline Jordan's October calendar is focused on Hips. You have to join her Patreon to get it - it is $10. I may buy it - I definitely need to work on my hip strength and mobility. I think it is a huge contributor to any back pain I have. Plus my hips are so stiff from sitting so much all day.

Pat - LOL on the mulletts! I know the outfits...and today's FitPrime w/ the flaming statues! LOL!

Waves, everyone!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-22, 11:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

25 minute outdoor walk

I'm slowly but surely increasing my time on the walks.
I had a follow up appt with the ortho this morning. Everything is all good and I'm cleared to do whatever I want to do as she put it. LOL. Then I had to bring my car in for an oil change and maintenance. And I'm meeting my sister soon for coffee so I don't think I'll get to walk today. I should try to get my PT done later at least.

PAT, interesting about the VCD, I've never heard of that. Well breathing exercises and upper body de-stressing can only help so that's good. LOL on the mullets. Some of MR's outfits are scary.

DONNA, nice workout. I bought the whole fitprime/kickbutt set but I don't think I've ever done them.

Waves to DIANE & BETH.

Have a wonderful day.

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-22, 06:13 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Waves to everyone and thank goodness for the weekend!

Yesterday I walked 2 miles and did Joyce Definition by my notes, and definitely not the video. I can't lift more than 8 pounds for upper and 15 is max for lower because of the supersets and speed.

Today, I got stuck in Friday meetings but managed to walk this evening.

Donna, I hope Bailey is doing better. When I lived in Denver, we had a vet service that specialized in end of life come to our home for our older Vizsla at that time, and it was a much better experience. We now have two Vizslas left, 11 and 4 yrs. That breed doesn’t live very long; 11ish is pretty typical for them to pass. I'm starting to see the signs of dementia in our 11 yr old. She cries most of the day, as well as eats and shreds our clothes... sigh.

Yes, with the Callanetics tucking, I modify. The newer videos don’t do much tucking either. I tend to think the original video with that particular sequence structure may still be the most effective, minus all the tucking.

summer breeze, I find walking very meditative as well! I’m looking forward to fall and cooler weather, but I know I will start to miss the sunshine.

Pat, Home Improvement is a killer! I may have to do that one tomorrow and see the permed mullet.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 01:24 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Yay, it's officially Pumpkin Spice Month! Yesterday featured:

~ Ellen's Cardio Core
~ Home Improvement bis and tris
~ Yoga with Bird Restorative Yoga for General Back Pain Relief
~ 4,505 steps

The Bird yoga was very nourishing, I saved it to my back yoga list. We are going to see Moonage Daydream and actually eat in a restaurant for a change. I can't wait to see this movie!

Donna, I used to wonder why Anna had those statues in the background. I found the set to be very "busy." She was way ahead of her time, for sure.

Summer Breeze, that's a nice report from the ortho. I'm so happy that you've made it through - enjoy your visit!

Beth, I used to use Joyce's books when I went to a World Gym back in the day. Her tapes were way to fast for me! I can't tuck either, sometimes I think it causes more damage than good.

Sending hugs to Diane.
Old 10-01-22, 01:30 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I did another FitPrime - Lean....

Not much else to report, a rainy Saturday here.

Beth - Bailey seems to have a little dementia as well - she is VERY restless at night and sleeps peacefully much of the day. She also has accidents - some are when she is asleep and some are when she is awake. She is also falling quiet a bit. It stinks when this happens. She is around 13-14 years old though, so for a Lab that up there - she also didn't have a great start in life which probably impacted her health as well.

Pat- very cozy here in rainy pumpkin spice land. I hope you enjoy the movie and restaurant! Will have to check that one out by Bird.

Good work on your PT, Summer Breeze! Glad you are doing so well.

Waves, Diane

I'm feeling a little tired today - probably the weather.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-22, 08:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ Lee Holden Qigong for Anxiety
~ Kassandra's 30 Minute Reclined Yin
~ Nighttime walk around neighborhood
~ 7,249 steps

I give Moonage Daydream 4 popcorn boxes. For the most part it was wonderful, but it would have been perfect if about 30 minutes of philosophical musings were edited out. There were so many wonderful scenes though, woven together with eye popping graphics. It was fun to see David's transformations throughout his lifetime and of course, the music. There was a segment on his paintings and they are worth a google. I found some of the Berlin era paintings rather disturbing. He used people affected by the Iron Curtain era as models and the images are abstractedly haunting. He truly did live an incredible life and manifested what most of us only dream about.

Waves to all, I hope the rest of your weekend is enjoyable.

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga