Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-17, 01:24 AM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
2016 was my worst year -ever. one injury after another, and serious injuries at that.
Best: Jane Adams Gentle Yoga and Yoga for Seniors. I have been doing the lying down sequence and the computer release sequence every AM, it is saving me.

worst.
well the new Ellen Barrett release. bought with high hopes. who are those bored, indifferent babes? why is she always wearing the same outfit? Feel like a chump having bought into the "last workout on dvd" scare.

donna
I totally get where you're coming from. I experienced a lot of injuries from foot to hand to knee between Sept-Dec. Hope you're doing better!

My worst purchase was Jillian Michael's Kickbox Fastfix. Terrible--moves do not follow music. It was only $2. I'd do almost anything to have that $2 back in my pocket.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 07:04 AM  
Tugger31

Best for me was the book Ultimate Treadmill Workout which helped my running speed tremendously.

Worst for me was Essentrics. Total disappointment.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 08:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad year, Donna/dnna - I hope things turn around for you in 2017.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 12:22 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I finally "discovered" Suzanne Bowen this year and just love most of her DVD's. I'm not too crazy about her mostly plank abs but really love her upper and lower body exercises.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 01:19 PM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

Some of my favorites are Jessica Smith's workouts....but I'll be honest here and say that I think I enjoy some of her older youtube workouts over the most recent stuff coming out. I'm not one for mixing and matching 10 minute cycles....I would rather do a full 30-minute or 45-minute one. But that's just my preference.

I got Cathe's ICE during this year but have still only dabbled in it. From hearing everyone rave about them, I think I'll get into them a bit more. I love the upper body premixes though, great stuff!

Major disappointment: Dare I say it, but I was long awaiting Ellen's "last DVD ever" and while I will keep it for a few of the workouts on there, I do not highly regard it as some of her older stuff. As a matter of fact, if you go back and do some of her older stuff, you REALLY recognize the differences between then and now. Just sayin'.....

Terri

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 11:29 PM  
bfit

Best - Jessica Smith. I bought all of the workouts that she's come out with recently and they've really become a regular part of my workout schedule.

Worst - Ellen Barrett's 7 Day "Plan". The workouts are boring and too easy.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-17, 11:51 AM  
Judy W.

Best: Jessica Smith's "Walk Strong 2" released over the summer -- Burn Fat and Have Fun, Boost Metabolism and Muscle, Build Balance and Inner Strength. I got the Yoga one as a freebie, and it's okay, but I'm an anti-Yogini due to certain practices in which I engaged in the 1970s. I also enjoyed the first Walk Strong set, though some of the strength work has a dread factor.

Another Best is definitely Country Heat. I LOVE it and am so glad I got it. I usually get tired of my Beachbody workouts after awhile, but I don't think that will happen this time.

Worst: definitely the Ellen Barrett thing. I find it to be self-congratulatory, smug and worst of all, boring. I'm sorry I got sucked in! I'll use at least a couple of the workouts as add-ons, but I'd have rather saved the money.

Judy
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-17, 12:18 AM  
Cybersparkle

The best thing about 2016 was that I am so happy with my routine now.
I have found my "exercise self" lol

Altho I always check out new stuff, the search is over. My faves are

Ellen
Raviana
Maya Fiennes
Leslie
Travis Eliot
Belly Fit
Denise Austin
Occasionally modified select Jillians

The worst thing is that 2 of my top instructors have gone backwards & I only like their older stuff.

Raviana & Ellen. I am happy now, but what about 3 years from now? I will eventually have to search all over again.
It actually has been disheartening & a little disturbing on both accounts - I feel concerned for them, like a friend would.

Just when I had finally worked thru my emotions & come to terms with Raviana, I lost Ellen. It pains me to say & I so wish it weren't true- but her last dvd was my worst for this year

Ok, is there some kind of therapy a VFer can get when we "break up" with an instructor ?

Laughing to keep from crying here folks lol

Thank goodness they each have lots of dvds each.

And I do have a tiny spark of hope for Ellen yet ... maybe she'll get back on track???

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-17, 01:30 AM  
Bubbeez

Best:
Lauren Brooks SUAT
Cathe ICE series
Jessica Smith Walk Strong 2
T-Tapp (Just discovered in November. My chiro asked what I was doing differently that caused a marked improvement in my alignment...T-Tapp. Yay!)
Essentrics Ultimate Stretch

Worst (I wouldn't call it 'worst' really):
Mark Laham Yin Yoga (the poses were held way too long for my liking, just personal preference)
Bubbeez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best of, group rx, power music, power music group rx, worst of