Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-01, 04:07 PM  
FIRMMarci

Talking Heyyyy, Becky D!!! We're within spittin' distance!

Okay, gross as that sounds, I had to get your attention.

I just read your introduction thread and was amazed to see you're in northern NM--I live outside of Bayfield, CO, and work in Durango! Although you're waaaaaay younger than me and probably much more fit, it's nice to know there's another vidiot around here. (Not sure I qualify, I own only about 60 exercise vids--how humiliating!)

Anyway, I'm too rapidly approaching 40, work out 4-5 times a week (plus ride my horse LOTS when the weather permits), and would probably be considered low advanced in fitness. I love the weight work, struggle to put a cardio tape in, and REALLY struggle to do yoga or flexibility moves.

If you want to e-mail back and forth, my address is braddock@lorenet.com. Hope to hear from you!
FIRMMarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-01, 05:36 PM  
Becky D
VF Supporter

Talking Hey-was that a raindrop or did someone just spit on me?!

Yay-great to hear from another VFer in my neck of the woods! I know there are some VFers in northern Colorado--but I been feeling all alone down here!

Actually, we're a little more than spittin' distance apart. [Edited to remove personal info].

From the sound of you post you're waaay ahead of me in fitness . I consider myself high-intermediate in strength and probabaly low-intermediate in cardio. I am fortunate to have natural flexibility, so I enjoy yoga and stretching. I'm still working on making exercise an intergral part of my daily life. Hopefully someday it'll be a habit just like brushing my teeth .

I have to admit, you gave me quite a start when I scrolled down though the new messages and saw my name in neon lights . Let's stay in touch and maybe someday we can hold the first-ever (to my knowledge) 4-corners get-together!!

BTW: I typed out a completely witty and clever reply the first time, clicked post, and *poof* my browser shut down. UGH! I'm crossing my fingers this time......
Becky D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-01, 05:49 PM  
FIRMMarci

I'm soooo bad at geography...

This is embarrassing, but I don't know where Folsom is. I'm sure DH does--he's lived here for 26 years. I do know we've been through Salida, because it's on the way back to DH's family western Kansas. I don't know much about it because I'm one of those travelers who sleeps as much as possible, waking only for frequent bathroom stops and whiney "Are we THERE yet?"s

This is too neat--DH and I have Quarter Horses and we ride all the time...or we did until we got DUMPED with 10" of snow last Sunday. That may be the end of riding season for us this year. I know what you mean about it being a great workout. People who don't ride look at you funny when you say that, but it really takes some work and balance to do it right. I used to ride a more English-type saddle, then an Aussie, then switched to Western last year. Western's comfy, but it's honestly not as much of a workout (JMHO). You really DO have the ideal job: working at home AND getting to ride all the time!

Heyyy, IIIIII know: We're trying to sell my gelding right now, and I bet you need another horse, right? He's a 1993 model, 15.1 red dun, fabulous conformation, but not as broke "in the face" as I'd like, and I'm not a great teacher. Seriously, if you're interested, he's at www.equine.com (have you ever looked at that site? OMG, it's soooooo addictive!) under "Impressive Hobbez." That site really is blast--we check it every single night, just to window shop. :rolleyes:

Rambling now, but hope to talk to you more--whether about working out or horses! Or FOOD! I do so love food...
Old 11-28-01, 07:06 PM  
Kelly D
VF Supporter

Hey you guys! I am not anywhere near you (Alabama) but I use to have an Appaloosa years ago and rode quite often. I had to check out the picture of the horse you're selling. WOW! He's beautiful. I wish I could buy him but I have no where to put him just yet. My horse was about 16 hands and was quite a handful. His head was too big but his rearend was gorgeous. He would always come when I called and he drank Mountain Dew from the bottle.

Anyway, just thought I would say hi!!!!
Kelly D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-01, 10:55 AM  
FIRMMarci

Wink Don't you have a guest room??

Awww, come on, Kelly. He's really NO trouble at all......don't you have a guest room??

Seriously, thanks for the compliment on Opie. He really is a gorgeous boy, just a little too much for me--and man, it's hard cranking my foot up there to the stirrup! He's a good 15.1, but I'm only 5' 2.5". My new horse is barely 14.3. I know, I know: what a wimp.

Oh--I check out a horse's rear end all the time, too. There's jut something about a nice hip on a horse...