Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-05-21, 03:41 PM  
Dontmindthemess

AnMrsDe Hi!!! I want to wish you a very happy and very belated Anniversary!!! Miatas are one of my all time favorite cars. That’s a fantastic anniversary present from your hubby I’m sorry that you’re still suffering even if everything looks good, you’re still having pain and I know that’s tough, especially with all the things you do daily. It’s good that you have a diagnosis now so at least you know what to avoid until it heals.

I’ve was sick for a few days last week, I even went for a Covid test just in case but it was negative, just a bad cold. Then I got my last cosmetic “treatment” so that was a couple more days of rest. So the last few days I’ve just been walking outside, and not even super fast or anything. Yes the baby shower is this Saturday, so tomorrow will be prep. I’m having it outside so hopefully the weather cooperates. My daughter is really getting big now, she really looks beautiful but I know she’s over it.

Chrys I hope your son stays safe. It’s really a sacrifice for the whole family when someone is serving. It sounds like you had a nice trip and I’m glad your energy levels are coming back.

TB2 I really enjoyed Mare of Easttown too! That’s in my part of the world too, not my area but I’m definitely in WaWa land We get a lot of tourists from that area around here. I loved that she’s wearing an Ocean City sweatshirt in the one episode, the bridge walk I do occasionally goes into Ocean City. I just finished Dr Death on Peacock and I thought it was pretty good. Interesting story too.

I hope Dorothy is having great birthday!

Waves to everyone!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 05:27 AM  
Cher

AnMrsDe, I’m okay! I was on vacation when the month started and my exercising habit has been awful. Just trying to get back on track and sometimes I get tired of keeping track. . That stinks about your pain with walking. Hopefully that starts improving. Congrats to your DD & DSIL on their new place and to you for being able to get their stuff out of your house!

Jane, hoping you have great weather for the baby shower Saturday!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-21, 06:15 PM  
T2B

AnMrsDe - I’m sorry that you have pain daily. I pray that things calm down and the daily pain goes away. Woo Hoo on moving your daughter’s junk (oops, important stuff, no offense meant, my extra stuff is junk as far as I’m concerned) out of your house. Ha. It’s great that they found a bigger condo. The housing market around my area is really tight. Not a lot of properties on sale. Still lots of very expensive new construction though. Will your SIL still come over to use your exercise room?

Jane - good to see you. Glad it wasn’t COVID. We need a cheap option for testing for COVID at home. MOE was really good, lots of eek moments. I read an article that people have been taking trips to the house that MOE was filmed at/in and taking pictures for social media. It was so bad that the police posted something on FB about staying away. I started watching White Lotus and had an omg moment during the first episode. Wasn’t expecting that on a full stomach. Haven’t had the nerve to go back to it just yet. Lol. Sending good weather vibes this weekend! Exciting stuff !

Cher - good to see you. Hope you had a wonderful vacation!

AsSweet - how are you doing? I hope you’ve been able to get some sleep. I’m doing the 20 instructor/20 workouts for a change of scenery.

Happy Belated Birthday to Dorothy!!!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 11:32 AM  
AnMrsDe

Happy Sunday, all!

Jane, thank you! That is so funny that your favorite car is the Miata! I've been having fun in it for short trips but I do choose to drive my CRV more since there's more "car" around me! LOL (Maybe I'll feel differently when the top is up.)//Glad your test came back negative and you're feeling better - just in time for the shower! Hope everything went well yesterday and your DD got lots of goodies! Do you know the sex of the baby?//I so know what you mean about your appetite soaring from the high intensity workouts. Since I took things down a notch for my leg issues, I've lost 5#!!! Now I'm not sure I want to go back to the tough workouts again, LOL! (I do have to credit MFP, though, for tracking my calories. It seems, that's the only way I can lose even an ounce!)

T2B, Thank you for your kind words! And, JUNK IS the correct terminology re: my DD's "stuff"! She got to be somewhat of a hoarder during her college days! Now that she has more room at her new place, she can decide what stays and what goes! Not sure her hubby will still come over to use my gym equipment. It's been "hinted" that they'd (HE'D) like to have my Weider machine but not sure I want to give it up since I do pull-downs a lot with that! But he will always be welcome to come over and use it here. //All you guys' talk about these HBO shows makes me wish I had HBO!! They are on HBO, right? ETA:Nvm, I guess it is included in our plan! Yay! Hopefully after the move I will find time to watch, LOL!

Cher, thanks for checking in!! Thanks for your kind words, too. I am just so glad DD/SIL are staying close by, since there was once talk of moving to TX or FL. (A 12 min. drive and DS is a 3 min. drive away!) How is your DS doing these days? And also your sister?

~~WAVES~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 09:39 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
AsSweet - how are you doing? I hope you’ve been able to get some sleep. I’m doing the 20 instructor/20 workouts for a change of scenery.
Hi! Some nights have been better than others, still filling a bit tired, though, thanks for asking! I was tempted by that rotation! Sounds fun! Enjoy!

AMD, sending healing vibes your way.

Jane, sorry to hear you were feeling bad, but glad to hear you are fine and doing better.

I also hope Dorothy had a nice birthday!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 05:54 AM  
Cher

AMD, DS & my sister are both doing okay…thanks for asking. DS’s job is going well except a couple days before we went on vacation, the owner of the company he works for backed in DS’s brand new car. The driveway and parking situation there is weird so I definitely see how it happened. At least it’s drivable right now. He’s taking it in Aug 17 for repairs and we have rental car coverage so DS can get a rental also.
I went with my sister last week to a new doctor at another hospital. Her old doctor retired during Covid and that hospital gave my sister a new doctor. She had a few problems with this doctor and she didn’t get the care she should have from her. Mainly the doctor told her to come back in 6 months (her other doctor did every 3 months) and my sister kept telling her she thought her cancer was back and wanted an MRI to see. The doctor kept giving her the run around and finally after 2 months, she finally got the MRI and, of course, her cancer was back. That was last summer and there have been other things during this past year too. It has just been ridiculous the care she was getting from this new doctor! Her appointment at the new place went well and we like the new doctor…..plus he trained under her old doctor that retired so maybe that will be a plus too.
Old 08-09-21, 06:43 AM  
CabCalloway

Had a (measured) personal best of over 15000 steps yesterday. For my step size that's 7.1 miles. We took my sister-in-law and her SO into DC for a lengthy tour of the Mall and its many tourist attractions. I'm feeling it this morning in my calves, but in a good way.
Waves to all.
- CabC
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 10:49 AM  
AnMrsDe

Thanks, ASAS! Hope you get some good sleep soon.

Cher, Oh no about your DS's car! Ya know, the same exact thing happened to me (many moons ago) when I just starting working at an ad agency...the owner backed into my car! Of course he felt awful and paid for the damage, but my car was pretty new and was so disappointing! I was, however, so happy it wasn't ME who backed into HIM, though! //Hope things improve for your sister...glad she is now seeing a good doctor. So frustrating when they don't listen to their patients!//Hope you find your mojo soon! Take care!

Great step count yesterday, Cab! Sounds like a fun day!

~~~WAVES~~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-21, 05:40 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Thanks, ASAS!

Cher, Oh no about your DS's car! Ya know, the same exact thing happened to me (many moons ago) when I just starting working at an ad agency...the owner backed into my car! Of course he felt awful and paid for the damage, but my car was pretty new and was so disappointing! I was, however, so happy it wasn't ME who backed into HIM, though! //Hope things improve for your sister...glad she is now seeing a good doctor. So frustrating when they don't listen to their patients!//Hope you find your mojo soon! Take care!
AnMrsDe, wow, can’t believe that happened to you too (even though years ago). You are right, better off the owners backing into the cars then you or DS backing into theirs! Michigan has No Fault insurance so DS’s insurance company pays for his car to be fixed but at least he doesn’t have to pay his deductible since it wasn’t his fault.
Old 08-10-21, 11:43 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Cher I’m glad your sister trusted her instincts and insisted on getting tested. I hope her treatment goes well and that she’s happy with her doctor. It’s hard to get on track in the summer! Sometimes the harder you try the more of a chore it becomes.

AnMrsDe The shower was really nice and thankfully the weather held off. My daughter is going to have a baby boy next month. I can’t believe he’s almost here! It’s really like a starting a new phase of life
I highly recommend HBO Max, I find we do watch a lot of shows on it. We just started watching the Larry Sanders show from the 90s. Not sure why it took me so long because it clicks a lot of my comedy boxes and it’s very retro.

ASAS I hope you’re sleeping better! I know that’s a struggle!

TB2 We’re watching White Lotus too. That was a doozy of a scene but I did read that it was a prosthetic. The 20 instructor rotation did sound like fun.

Waves to everyone!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts