Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-22-21, 04:24 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Lauren's Playground

I just got an email that Lauren's Playground is opening up again. I tried doing a search on GD for info on this but I am getting an internal server error.
Is anyone doing this now or has done it in the recent past? I went to the link in the email Lauren sent and the options were for a year pass for $397 and lifetime pass for about $1500 and a premium monthly for $199!
then I used the link someone posted in the 7 day swing challenge thread and that one had a three month $119 option which I am more inclined to go with.
I am wondering if she has back friendly options.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 05:56 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I contacted Lauren and the only options for Lauren's Playground right now are yearly and lifetime. That is baffling to me. Why not offer this for shorter periods for those not wanting to commit?
Old 06-22-21, 06:04 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I contacted Lauren and the only options for Lauren's Playground right now are yearly and lifetime. That is baffling to me. Why not offer this for shorter periods for those not wanting to commit?
She must be making enough money the way she is doing it, but I agree with you. She should offer more options for people who do not want to commit for a year or a lifetime. I would like to take part in her playground but I'm not going to exclusively do KB's so she is limiting potential clients the way she has the memberships currently set up. I'm also not one to rush into a commitment with a large cost associated with it feeling like I have to hurry before the "opening" is shut down. I don't do high pressures sales anything no matter how awesome the product is.
Old 06-22-21, 06:51 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I have most of Lauren's workouts, so it wouldn't make sense for me to pay that kind of money for her playground (other than having more community support.) That price sounds steep to me, too! She is very motivating, but there are a ton of fitness instructors that aren't charging that kind of price for online content.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 08:42 AM  
fatkat555

I was wondering about her pricing. She must be in demand to command the price! Good for her!

I don’t work with kettlebells that often and have a few of her dvds which are enough for me. I also have the old Art of Strength kettlebell dvds to supplement if needed. For my budget, I couldn’t justify the expense.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 10:26 AM  
momofcha

I love th playground. I joined when it opened and then took a brief hiatus. Came back for a 3 month period and immediately went for the yearly. I just renewed last week.

I have all her dvds but the programs in the playground are very well rounded. She listens to feedback and gives us what we want. I’m very happy with subscribing. I’d love to do lifetime, but that’s a little steep for me at one time.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 01:26 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
On face book she said 24 hours for a quarterly membership in addition to the yearly. Offer good for 24 hours, at a cost of $129.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 01:53 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I have all her dvds but the programs in the playground are very well rounded. She listens to feedback and gives us what we want. I’m very happy with subscribing. I’d love to do lifetime, but that’s a little steep for me at one time.
This. Lauren has designed all kinds of programs that aren't part of her DVD collection. She stays engaged with her playgrounders in the private Facebook group.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 03:20 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
On face book she said 24 hours for a quarterly membership in addition to the yearly. Offer good for 24 hours, at a cost of $129.
She sent out an email announcing that due to many requests she is offering a 3 month membership. I am going to try it.
Old 06-23-21, 03:24 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I love th playground. I joined when it opened and then took a brief hiatus. Came back for a 3 month period and immediately went for the yearly. I just renewed last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
This. Lauren has designed all kinds of programs that aren't part of her DVD collection. She stays engaged with her playgrounders in the private Facebook group.
I only have 2 of her earlier DVDs. I stopped using kettlebells when I hurt my back (at least for swings, and cleans etc. I still use them to instead of dumbbells for squats etc. )
I would like to try some of her other programs that she doesn't have on DVD like her beginners program and the slow strength metabolic one.

Tags
lauren brooks, lauren's playground