Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-20, 06:08 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Enjoyed another MAW this morning. This afternoon, for

Today's Workout: I pulled out Yoga Booty Ballet and did a few sections from it. My DVD has both the Basic and Advanced workouts. Unfortunately this is another one I want to love but can't quite do it. I *do* love the instructors, the music, the beautiful settings, and the general New Age ambiance -- but I don't really like most of the actual workout routines! I have been keeping YBB mainly for the standing "ballet" work. However, as I've already discussed, I'm no longer interested in hanging onto DVDs where I only do a small portion of the workout. So YBB has been "excused" from my active shelf.

Beth: How many DVDs do I have? That's a complicated question LOL! Overall maybe 150-200 (I'm afraid to count ). Of those, though, there's only about three dozen that I do on a fairly regular basis. Most of the others are still around because I used to like them for whatever reason, but rarely pull them out anymore. My workout tastes have gotten so much simpler -- mostly Jessica Smith and Margaret Richard, some Essentrics, a little yoga and qi gong, a few rehab-type DVDs. The rest could disappear and I don't think I would miss them! So soon I'll probably be posting stuff on Share the Wealth. I might also try VF Roost to see if anyone is interested in purchasing a few of the scarcer titles.

Yogapam: We had smoky skies here in the Sacramento Valley for several weeks before getting a little break late last week. However, smoke is starting to drift in again.

Paine: Keeping my fingers crossed for your friend. Although smoky skies are not fun, I just couldn't imagine the stress of having to be prepared to evacuate my home.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 08:24 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra I haven't counted mine in awhile either! I think I'm around 80-100. My tastes have definitely changed over time too.

Got in some cardio and brief yoga today after having technical frustrations trying to film something for my channel. I did post a brief "intro" video to my new V.I.P. Yoga series.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 08:42 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is an unplanned rest day. This morning I was busy doing other things and if I don't exercise in the morning, it doesn't get done.

Beth, that's a good idea about using 6 yoga blocks for a supported headstand. I only have 2 yoga blocks so I won't be able to try that right now. If I find a bargain on 4 yoga blocks, I will give it a try!
Those yoga pictures on campus are great!
I saw to your V.I.P Yoga announcement video. I noticed that your sound is still lower compared to other people's YouTube channel.
My favorite yoga pose is probably figure 4 or twists.

Pam, the area you live sounds lovely for your walks.
Thank you for the recommendation on the Feet Up headstand bench. There are so many headstand benches to choose from so it's nice to know which one is best. I'll likely try Beth's idea of using 6 yoga blocks for a supported headstand and see if it's something I like enough to buy a headstand bench.

Sandra, like you, I have no idea how many DVDs I have. I got rid of many of them before I moved and I'm sure there are more that don't suit my needs anymore. I'll have to weed them out as time goes on.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 09:19 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, filming the VIP announcement video was very frustrating today. I did several retakes because I kept screwing up (not only that, but each time I thought I was done, put away the equipment, etc.). The version I uploaded was one I was happy with overall...BUT I forgot to turn the mic on for that one! I was hoping that it would work out okay given that I was sitting pretty close to the camera. I might re-do it at some point; I was just too annoyed to do anything further today.

I love Figure 4 also...there are lots of variations to do with that one! That could actually be a good theme for a longer class.

If you have 2 sturdy chairs, you can also try headstand that way!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THMLQCP2uZk

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-21-20, 11:27 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I would love a longer Figure 4 class!! I like Figure 4 with a twist too.
Sorry about the video snafus! I know that would frustrate me too.
I will have to try a headstand with 2 chairs! But not tonight. Thanks for the video link.
Old 09-22-20, 07:16 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Yes Fig 4 twist is a favorite--sometimes I worry I put it in classes too often since I tend to focus on things I like, haha.

Busy day work-wise. I'm going to try to film a new meditation video.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-22-20, 07:29 AM  
cyana

The quick "keeping the momentum going" post and run.

This AM:
YT - LWR - Walk and Tone - full body - posted 2.11.2020
Stretch on my own - she includes a link to a stretch, but I did a nice long one to Leonid & Friends music.

One thing I like about Lucy is that she tries to include movements in all planes. I thought I'd get creative this AM and kept my eyes closed during several sections of the work-out - challenge the body and the brain as she had the upper and lower body moving in different directions.

For the rest of the working stiffs, she's recently posted some seated work-outs - may try some of those as a mid-day brain break, especially if I can't get out for a walk.

LOL at your "yoga revival" pictures, Beth - you had a good turn-out and it looked like a really nice day. Wish I could've been there.

Waves to ALL. Worked 13 hours yesterday and I'm getting ready to grab the coffee and head back to the desk.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 10:30 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Trudie Styler Pure Sculpt (Lower Body 1)
Rodney Ultimate Power Yoga (Power Foundation Practice, 19 mintues)

I didn't feel like working out this morning so I picked 2 workouts that have a high fun factor for me and that was just perfect for today. You would think that Rodney's Ultimate Power Yoga, Power Foundation practice would be hard but it is not hard at all. I find it very relaxing and fun. The first 16 minutes are done lying on your back and the next 3 minutes have some cobbler, straddle and staff pose with forward fold.

Cyana, you are a workhorse!
Old 09-22-20, 01:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

You got me thinking about figure 4 & pigeon. I did a sort of combo variation of both last night..... I have a storage cube with a padded lid that can double as a stool or seat, it’s a bit lower than standard chair height. With some padding under my knees, I knelt in front of it and put one calf on on top. It felt great!

Sandra - I’m sorry to hear you are getting more smoke again! Like you, I’ve narrowed my workout tastes. I’ve learned what doesn’t work for me & don’t jump on bandwagons any more.

Cyana - I must check out LWR on YT. Ugh a 13 hour day is still pretty brutal!

Beth - I’m off to check out your YT channel. That chair set up for headstand looks great.

Paine - Nice workouts!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 03:15 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Ahh, Pam, that sounds like a great version of pigeon/Figure 4! I definitely would value any feedback you might have about my YouTube videos. For the more recent ones (except my error in yesterday's V.I.P. Yoga intro, grrr!), I am using the external mic so hopefully the sound is better.

Paine, I find some of Rodney's practices misnamed. I went for relaxing yoga yesterday today...although sometimes I find it fun to punch and kick things (kickboxing, not people, haha).

cyana, I feel exhausted just hearing about your schedule! I have done a few LWR workouts and like her; I should try the seated stuff.

Sandra, so sorry that you are having smoky skies again; hope they clear up soon.

Coming to the end of my busy work day! I had 4 clients (2 back to back in the morning and 2 back to back in the afternoon). Although teletherapy is going okay, it is more draining (as is using my sad "home office" setup rather than my real office). I'll actually be in the office 2 days next week, my regular Thursday plus Wednesday for another yoga class (assuming the weather cooperates). I'm also attending outdoor yoga locally after work tomorrow, so I will definitely be looking forward to that as my Hump Day break!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
yoga headstand bench