Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-20-20, 08:43 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, glad to see you getting in walks again! I meant to say a few days ago that I'm always amused when you go through one of your "weeding out" phases. How many DVDs do you think you are down to now?

Garrie, I did see on FB about the FitBit--and also that you filmed a new step routine. Mmm...pumpkin!

cyana, I feel for you with your hectic schedule!!! It seems like it's always your busy time.

I'm feeling reluctant to let the weekend go...but I should think of Anny, who is already halfway through Monday.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 09:02 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello Mat Mavens & thank you for the warm welcome back!

Thought I’d jump right in and post my week, I’m still into variety as you can see. I’m trying to do more strength work including KBs. My step goal is 10,000, but this week was skinny as we were shrouded in smoke from the west coast fires. Thankfully we finally have blue skies & I hope that means the fires are abating.

The level 3 Essentrics training was a lot of work, much more so than levels 1&2, lots of anatomy to learn. I’m starting on level 4 soon and that should be a bit easier.

Monday:
~Pahla B’s Bounce & Tone - This is my first Pahla workout aside from the stability ball stretch I did a few weeks ago. My goodness she talks non stop!
~20 min gliding
~WOW: 20 min walk set in front of a field of sunflowers - the music was good & no talk was refreshing!
~ETV: Sasha’s Live Cardio Workout
~Yamuna’s hip/ham/ foot stretch - this is a new fave!
https://www.facebook.com/10400945501...39686047384959
~closing in on 8000 steps, don’t think I’ll make 10 today

Tuesday:
~Essentrics class on zoom
~WOW: 20 min Bon Jovi Arm Burner - This was not really an arm burner TBH, but it sure was a lot of fun.
~10 Minute Standing Yoga Stretch & Flow (YT)
~8300 steps

Wednesday:
~neighbourhood walk....yay, so nice to be outside!
~20 min rebounding
~Headstand practice & Yamuna’s stretch
~12,000 steps

Thursday:
~Taught Essentrics - first time indoors, only 2 students so lots of room to distance
~30 min rebounding
~Yamuna’s stretch
~8500 steps

Friday:
~60 min ball Pilates class on zoom
~Barlates Kettlebell HIIT
~Neighborhood walk
~WOW: 30 min Killer Queen walk - lots of good music!
~Forward bends & hip openers on my own....
~about to break through 12,000 steps

Saturday:
~Trail walk with DH
~25 min rebounding
~Slow Flow yoga class on google drive - I had a 10 class card at the hot yoga studio in Victoria and they converted it to to $. So I bought an on demand class card & still have $ left for another. This class was lovely, just what I needed, & made me realize I need more yoga in my life!
~Steps....approaching 10,000

Sunday:
~7 km trail walk - blue skies today
~ePilates: Barre Blend
~MFML: Wrist Free Flow - I love this one, all standing with a circular flow
~headstand & Yamuna’s stretch
~steps....closing in on 11,000

Beth - How are things at your work? Are you working on campus or remotely?

Sandra - Did you have a lot of smoky days from the fires? I did a huge dvd purge last year. I still have a sizeable collection, but I don’t seem to use dvds much these days.

Garrie - I’ve seen your step workouts on FB, you are amazing!

Paine - Are you settled into life in CA? I hope the fires weren’t close to your neck of the woods! My headstand bench is fun, you just pop yourself up effortlessly. I can’t say I’ve gotten any huge benefits from it other than the fun factor & an endorphin rush.

Cyana - I’m happy to hear you are alive & well and weren’t abducted by aliens!

Waving to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 09:18 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I'm both. Currently I am on campus 1 day/week (Thursdays) and remote the other days; we have moved to an all-teletherapy format for fall. The current schedule is supposed to got through Oct 2nd, but I'm guessing that I'm likely to be doing the 1/4 thing through the end of the semester.

I meant to tell you that after we talked on FB last week, I jumped back into kettlebells--and tweaked my back! It was my own fault for pushing too hard and ignoring the warning bells. Luckily, I felt fine after a few days of stretching and I even did a little kettlebell work today (definitely being more mindful and careful this time).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-20-20, 09:45 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I like the name of V.I.P. Yoga (Variations for Individualized Practice).

Egads Cyana! I hope your work load eases up for you.

Garrie, when I lift heavier weights, I wear my lifting gloves because they do help.
I'm glad you are enjoying your FitBit.
Ah, I love envisioning you drink a homemade pumpkin spice latte on your front porch. That sounds relaxing.

Pam, you have a nice variety in your workouts during the week.
An endorphin rush from your headstand bench sounds great! I'd like an endorphin rush! Hmmm, maybe I need to add a headstand bench on my Wish List.
LOL, I know! PahlaB sure does talk a lot! I did a workout of hers recently and she talked non-stop through the entire workout.
I'm shocked that you had smoke in your area from the west coast fires! Wow, that smoke traveled far. Thank goodness you have blue skies again.
We moved to CA in March. Thankfully, the fires are not near us. I have a dear friend who lives an hour away who is still under evacuation warning because of the fires. I hope she stays safe.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 05:57 AM  
Anny

Welcome Pam and congrats on your Essentrics training!

cyana your work hours are very long. I hope you manage to get some self care in soon.

Garrie thanks for the wishes for my brother. What do you find most helpful about your FitBit?

Glad to hear you are getting more walks in again, Sandra.

Beth I did your updated yoga breath video tonight and the sounds was much improved. Thank you, I enjoyed it!

Paine I hope you aren’t affected too much by the fires and smoke.

Tonight I did Beth’s breathing practice and Adriene’s Yoga for Self Doubt . Both felt great after a busy work day.
Old 09-21-20, 07:19 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thank you Anny, and thanks for your comment! It's good to know the cheap headphones I bought are working. I've also discovered that adding additional overhead light doesn't really help--even if there is not a lot of natural light that day (I filmed late afternoon yesterday) relying mainly on that seems better.

Thanks Paine! I went through a lot of names in my head before I came up with that one. Now I have to decide on some of the poses I want to break down--I am tempted to start with down dog, but I already did that for a longer video, so I'm not sure. Btw, if you happen to have multiple blocks (like, 6!), you can do a supported headstand similar to the bench--I think I have a picture of that in my VF photos.

Happy Monday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-21-20, 07:41 AM  
cyana

A quick good morning to all - I've been dragging the last several days and the only way to stop dragging is to get moving.

This AM:
Cardio and Weight intervals on the rebounder with focus on the biceps, push-ups, squats and calf raises (high reps for all - 30 reps x 3 sets). I followed that with a good stretch and some extra cardio. I listened to Leonid & Friends on YT - I never tire of their music and they look like they're having so much fun.

Time to grab coffee and get back to the computer. I'm starting the day with my desk in the up position, so hopefully I can get in some extra Stealth Fitness, including some Essentrics hip cleaners.

Time to run!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 07:54 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, agreed about that! When I am dragging after work and not wanting to exercise, I've encouraged DH to remind me to do something.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-21-20, 01:32 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!
I just got back from a brisk neighbourhood/ocean view/trail walk with my friend who I nicknamed the Energizer Bunny, Lol. We put in 7.5 km, now I need a stretch. I think I’ll check out one of Beth’s YouTube practices.

Beth - Sorry you tweaked your back! I approach KBs with caution because of my sensitive SI joints and my bells aren’t very heavy. I look forward to trying your YouTube practices. Lighting & sound are tricky when your videoing, found that out filming sequences for my Essentrics exam.

Paine - I’m glad you aren’t near the fires! If you do think of getting a headstand bench, I’d go for the Feet Up one. It’s the I used one last year in the UK and it’s more versatile than mine, you can use it for supported backbends. I got mine used for a real deal and it works great but I do put extra padding on it for my shoulders. Regarding Paula B....she talks even more than Leslie! She didn’t even stop to catch her breath the whole 25 min.

Hi Anny! I see you are in Australia. We love it there, spent two months in Queensland last year, about 10 days in Brisbane and 2 months in Townsville. We survived the great monsoon, I’ve never seen rain like that before! I did enjoy some lovely yoga classes there, I enjoy going to classes when I travel.

Cyana - Yikes I missed the 17.5 work day, that’s exhausting! I did double shifts (16 hours) occasionally & that was bad enough! I’ve done a few rebounder workouts with weights and it’s a good way to get cardio & strength together, more bang for your buck so to speak.

TTYL!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 02:05 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, you put the idea in my head to try my KBs again, but it was my own stupid fault not to be more careful! I am lucky I didn't do more damage. I have tried to do research on lighting & sound for filming at home; luckily there are a lot of resources out there. Most of what I have read suggests that the sound is more important, as people are more tolerant of video issues that aren't so great.

The campus photographer caught some fun photos of me teaching yoga last week--in some I look like I am leading a revival meeting, haha.
https://photos.geneseo.edu/StudentLi...a-on-the-Green

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
yoga headstand bench