Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-20, 08:46 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I think it would be great if you worked at that local yoga studio.
Yes, I remember Amy Cuddy and I like her Ted Talk! I wonder if I would feel empowered if I did Superstar pose a few times throughout the day?!
Trader Joe's is less than a mile from my house so it's easy to walk to. I forgot to buy dehydrated watermelon when I was there. I've heard that their dehydrated watermelon is really good and I want to try it.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 09:25 AM  
JustSandra

Hi!

I tried to post several times yesterday but kept getting the dreaded 500 error message.

Tuesday's Workout: Tone and Flow from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 set. After a few days of "meh" workouts I really liked doing this routine!

Will be back later...

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 10:28 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is my regular planned rest day.

Sandra, that 500 error message is so annoying!
Old 09-17-20, 10:14 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Hamelin D'abell Method - Armatics taster (with 3, 2 and 1 pound dumbbells)
CS 1016

CS 1016 is an "all floor" episode that I still enjoy.

I'm waving to everyone!
Old 09-17-20, 08:31 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I did it--I taught my first in-person yoga class since March!!!

The weather looked dicey all day, and there was a 40% chance of rain at our class time of 3 pm, but it was warmer than expected (about 64*), and the clouds even cleared enough to let a little sun in! We had 22 people, which both me and my co-worker/friend who helps organize (she is the Health Promotion Coordinator) were very happy about.

I did CS 602 when I got home. I think that this was an episode that Paine recently did and liked, but I could be wrong again. Although I've done the episode before, I was surprised to hear Miranda say that you should always push to your maximum--that is so NOT yoga (and especially yin yoga). I also did the evening practice from 7 Min of Magic; it had been awhile for that one.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 09:00 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

I didn't do a workout yesterday -- my body asked for a day off!

Today's Workout: Ellen Barrett Live Sleek Sculpt Express -- or at least most of it. I bailed with about 5 minutes to go. I remembered this as a nice Ellen-style 30-minute upper body workout. However, today it became obvious it was overworking the shoulders at the expense of other muscle groups. I also hated a long stationary lunge series. I may actually retire this one from my active shelf. Oh well -- if nothing else this barre/fusion theme is helping me thin out the herd!

The last two days we have seen a wonderful improvement in our air quality. Nice to see a blue sky, instead of one that is pinkish gray. Daytime temps are dropping, too. Am aiming to restart my outdoor walks tomorrow morning.

I heard today that a nearby city in our neighboring county is starting to reopen its library branches on a limited basis. This county has a better Covid rating than Sacramento. However, once we improve our stats and move from Purple to Red status, maybe that will be the next step for us, too.

Beth: Congrats on teaching that class -- it must have felt wonderful!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 09:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, great news that your air quality is improving! I can't understand why our libraries haven't re-opened--NY has one of the lowest rates state-wide (<1% positives), and my county is particularly low. Hopefully soon...

I definitely enjoyed teaching the class today!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-18-20, 02:37 AM  
Anny

Sorry to be out of the conversation this week; it’s been a busy week! But I have been enjoying the lovely spring weather.

This week I have been alternating between Joyce’s Definition upper body plus back and doing a short YWA practice in the morning before work and in the evening after work.

Hoping to get more walking in on the weekend - it’s Friday evening here!
Old 09-18-20, 07:28 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, I love how you remind us that you are ahead time-wise! Hope you had a good Friday and glad you are enjoying spring.

To everyone else, TGIF! I have a half day today - I'm off this afternoon and might stop by a local book sale (if I can contend with the 20-minute time limit, haha).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-18-20, 10:01 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Fluidity Intermediate Lower Body work

I did the Fluidity workout using my step stool as a bar. It was a good lower body workout but wasn't as fun as the last time I did it.

Beth, the episode I did recently and really enjoy is CS 604. In the last couple of weeks, I've also done CS 608 and CS 601 and I like them both. I haven't done CS 602 in several years and will have to try that one again.
Wow you had a big class! How great that you enjoyed it so much.
I hope you find something good at the book sale, if you decide to go there.

Sandra, I really like Ellen's demeanor but she does a lot of repetitive up and down moves that make me dizzy so I had to let go of most of her DVDs.

Anny, I hope your brother is in rehab now and making progress.

Tags
yoga headstand bench