Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-20, 02:14 PM  
laurajhawk

I caved. I'm thinking of it as metabolic/weight loss; I told myself I'm just maintaining weight through the pandemic, but since we're in that for the long haul, I may as well at least try to lose a few. I'm thinking I will try it after I finish Jessica's Summer of Strength (I just started the 5-week rotation).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 02:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
You're the reason I bought mine! You were checking in on JTW and you made them seem fun, so I had been watching for Mary's sales and ebay. I found it for $24 shipped on ebay, so I couldn't pass it up. I'm ashamed to say that I've only done one workout so far and it was the short one, the 2x4. lol
Those 2x4 led by Amy are out what intrigued me...do you remember your impression of it?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 02:45 PM  
Mickey12

Oh man, now you guys have me wanting this set! The clips at Mary’s site are really long so you get a good sense of the workouts. It’s a great price, but do I really need it?

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 03:05 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Oh man, now you guys have me wanting this set! The clips at Mary’s site are really long so you get a good sense of the workouts. It’s a great price, but do I really need it?

Kim
Manley the Queen Enabler started this ...you know what she'll say if you ask her..

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 06-07-20, 03:39 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Those 2x4 led by Amy are out what intrigued me...do you remember your impression of it?
I had to look for my check-in, where I wrote this: "It was short and not too intense, but good enough to feel the muscles working." Sorry if that's no help. I haven't revisited because my body was acting up horribly around that time so I went with things that were a bit easier.

To help you decide, watch the clips over and over, read krisiep's post, and read 2lazy's reviews.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 03:58 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
You're the reason I bought mine! You were checking in on JTW and you made them seem fun, so I had been watching for Mary's sales and ebay. I found it for $24 shipped on ebay, so I couldn't pass it up. I'm ashamed to say that I've only done one workout so far and it was the short one, the 2x4. lol
You definitely got an amazing deal!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 07:00 AM  
manleym

Quote:
Manley!!
I'm looking at this set too. It's making me grin seeing your thread

Did you read review from 2lazy for the gym?
https://2lazy4gym.com/2017/08/19/katami-4x4/
Thanks for the link Fanolfladyvols! I did read 2 Lazy's reviews and will use it like she did. Probably not as a rotation, but just doing the workouts mixed in with other workouts. Did you order the set?

Quote:
$24 is a no-brainer! That's a great price! I've been watching this set on Amazon and EBay and haven't seen it for less than $60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I caved. I'm thinking of it as metabolic/weight loss; I told myself I'm just maintaining weight through the pandemic, but since we're in that for the long haul, I may as well at least try to lose a few. I'm thinking I will try it after I finish Jessica's Summer of Strength (I just started the 5-week rotation).
I caved too! I told myself that I've been traveling on the road the past 2 days and won't be workout out this week (visiting hubby's family) so I'll need something for when I get home. And it's my souvenir from visiting hubby's family. All of those are excuses I know.

Quote:
Manley the Queen Enabler started this ...you know what she'll say if you ask her..
LOL!!! Of course you need it Kim! And so does Fanofladyvols! Did you buy it or were you strong and hold off?

Thanks for everyone's input regarding the set! I do like Paul and it seems like there are some different moves, some not in some of my other workouts. I probably won't use this as a rotation, but will use the workouts when I want a really good metabolic workout - which is my favorite type of workout. Love everyone's responses!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 11:47 AM  
fanofladyvols

I managed to hold firm!! I am afraid of wasting my fitness present to myself too quickly!! LOL!

Old 06-08-20, 01:29 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
You definitely got an amazing deal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
$24 is a no-brainer! That's a great price! I've been watching this set on Amazon and EBay and haven't seen it for less than $60.
Full disclosure, it was used, sold as "good" so that accounted for the price. There was a tiny bit of wear on the back, which I may not have noticed had the seller not pointed it out, but the dvds were perfect. I was pleased and of course left 5 star feedback.

Quote:
I managed to hold firm!!
LOL You're stronger than you think.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 03:31 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

I caved and the set arrived today! Wow! I plan to use it along w other workouts.

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4x4 system, halfsies, paul katami