Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-10-17, 07:44 PM  
Kahulahula

Hi Carol. Can you tell me what the 30 fat loss program is like. I am considering purchasing it. Thanks
Kahulahula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-17, 08:19 PM  
Tugger31

The 30x30 program has workouts for 30 days, some eating for fat loss guidelines, fat loss myths and a day to day workout/eating tracker.

The workouts are divided into Day 1-7, 8-14, 15-21 and 22-30 with different workout routines for each.

For example Days 1-7 consist of 2 circuits of four movements, performing as many reps as you can for 1 minute repeat each circuit twice. Exercises consist of body weight stuff like push ups, burpees, dips and jump roping for cardio for Day 1. Day 2 are compound moves like dumbell squats to press and alternating jumping lunges. These are obviously not an extensive list.

There are some cardio only days mixed in too. Day 3 is 30 minutes steady state cardio of your choice for example

Day 8-14 is pyramid style training
Day 15-22 is set the timer for 30 minutes and complete the given circuit as many times as you can
Day 22-30 combines all of the above
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-17, 08:23 PM  
Kahulahula

Thank you so much for the info. Sounds interesting. I will probably end up buying it.
Kahulahula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-17, 09:39 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahulahula View Post
Hi Carol. Can you tell me what the 30 fat loss program is like. I am considering purchasing it. Thanks
Thanks, Tugger31, you described it well.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-17, 03:50 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Lauren Gleisberg: http://www.laurengleisberg.com/

You mean you aren't leading a fall challenge?

Carol
Well, you know. I knew I should have copyrighted those initials!

Hope you all enjoy it.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 08:41 AM  
donnamp

Would it make sense for an LG newbie to jump into a challenge, or work through one of her regular programs first? I must admit, I'm intrigued b/c her programs look like very safe and smart ways to build strength (something I need to do and often neglect since I generally prefer more cardio/endurance based workouts!)

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 08:48 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Donna, I'm doing the home workout vol. 1 and started with the beginner phase for two weeks. I hadn't realized how much strength I had lost over the year until I started! For me, starting with this one was the right choice. I moved on to phase I this week. The workouts are running around 30 minutes, and then I am adding on walking or some type of stretching. I have to say I LOVE these workouts. I've never really clicked well with paper workouts, but I do with these. I think her challenges may be a combination of all the workouts; some look to be quite challenging!

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 09:18 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Beth - it would probably be smartest for me to start at the beginning, I have also lost a lot of strength when it comes to weight training!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 12:49 PM  
pharma_gal

I purchased the 30x30 fat loss and will start soon. I will probably use Jessica Smith or KCM for steady state cardio. And I can only workout 3-4 days a week so it will take me longer. I like the looks of the workouts but do you think I should add Total body weight workouts here and there? I don't want to lose any strength. It's getting harder and harder to carry my 15 month old around as it is! Thanks.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 02:11 PM  
nschultz

I've been doing about a week of home workout vol 2.0. I love it, I'm sore the next day, but nothing crazy and I feel like I'm getting a good workout in. Excited to see what the Fall challenge entails.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lauren gleisberg