Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-16, 11:08 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Smile Best 20 minute workouts

What are you the best 20 minute workouts? Sometimes I do work out at night like tonight and I do not want to do a 45 minute or an hour workout but I do want to do something! Tonight I pulled out my Firm Express. Initially I dismissed this series but wow tonight it was pretty good! I did Allison's cardio and sculpt and I got a good sweat and my biceps were roaring! I definitely will be doing this one again! I might try Rebekah's cardio and sculpt although she was so vocal in it but I would like 20 minute workouts for those times that I am going into my workout room when it's dark outside. Any ideas or better any titles!!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-16, 06:17 AM  
Tugger31

Cathe's 2 ICE Low Impact Sweat workouts and any of the workouts from Cathe's X10. Also Bob Harper's Skinny Rules workouts
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-16, 09:08 AM  
bubbles76

Haha! The first series I was going to suggest was Firm Express. I have so many I haven't tried yet, but now you have me wanting to. I have Evolution 20, Cindy Whitmarsh UFit, tons of Caribbean workouts, recently gifted Paul Katami ASAP Fit in 15, the list could go on! I also have two of Aimee Nicotera's Take 20 workouts, but I find them boring. They are effective though.

And of course, you could always string together some 10 Minute Solution workouts. If you still have them, Montenegro workouts are good, but you have to do your own warm up and cool down. Same with UFit workouts. Oh, I haven't tried them, but I hear Gilad's Express workouts are good as well.

ETA: Here are a few threads that have been tagged "20 minute workouts". You could also do a thread search on "short workouts" or "20 minute workouts"

90 Days of 20 minute workouts
20-30 minute strength
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-16, 09:32 AM  
Aunt Famous

I really like Gilad's Total Body Sculpt episodes. They clock in around 22-23 minutes each, and they hit enough of everything to make me feel like I've worked out.

I also like the 20 minute strength section from Kathy Smith's Total Body Transformation. (To be fair, I like the other two workouts on that DVD, too -- one is balance, one is stretch.)

And Jessica Smith has a DVD -- Barre Fitness -- that has 3 20 minute workouts, all of them enjoyable.

Good luck!

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-16, 09:49 AM  
carres1973

Tony Horton's new series for Beachbody - 22 Minute Hard Corps. All workouts are, as the title implies, 22 minutes.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-16, 09:56 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

20 minute workout immediately made me also think of Firm Express I haven't done these in a long time, but they pack a lot into 20 minutes.

Also Chris Freytag 10 Pounds Down (original DVD set), great 20 minute workouts.

Depending on what kind of workouts you're interested in...these are some 20 minute workouts I have done often:
-Tonique Express workouts, Hawaii Beach Beautiful are all 15-20 minutes or string together two of her youtube workouts which are about 10 minutes each
-Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis (any centric) all 4s work only is 20 minutes
-Ballet Body Total Body DVD, each chapter (upper/lower/core) is 20 minutes or her downloads which average 10-20 minutes
-Barlates has tons of workouts that are 20 minutes range
-Sleek Technique - main workouts are about 20 minutes each, IIRC
-I second the recommendation to string together chapters of 10 Minute Solution DVDs
Old 05-24-16, 10:00 AM  
smilesolovely

Jessica Smith Better Body Blast has 3 20-min workouts, upper, lower, and abs.
Old 05-24-16, 10:40 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilesolovely View Post
Jessica Smith Better Body Blast has 3 20-min workouts, upper, lower, and abs.

Ah yes, this one is quite good and pretty tough to be so short.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 05-24-16, 10:41 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post
I really like Gilad's Total Body Sculpt episodes. They clock in around 22-23 minutes each, and they hit enough of everything to make me feel like I've worked out.

I also like the 20 minute strength section from Kathy Smith's Total Body Transformation. (To be fair, I like the other two workouts on that DVD, too -- one is balance, one is stretch.)

And Jessica Smith has a DVD -- Barre Fitness -- that has 3 20 minute workouts, all of them enjoyable.

Good luck!

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Do you mean Total Body Turnaround? If not, if she's got another one out just like that one, I want it! Total Body Turnaround is pretty good, and calming.
Old 05-24-16, 10:48 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post

Yes, I really like Barre Fitness too! Jessica's Total Body Balance is another nice one, it has 4 X 20 minute workouts.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
20 min strength, 20 minute workouts, paul katami, short workouts