Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-14, 01:57 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Paul Katami has two new releases coming!

Paul Katami has two new workouts coming which are slated to be availabe at the end of October! Found on Mary's Coming Soon page.

Hi5 - High Intensity 5
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Hi5...tami-p/hi5.htm

and

Kettlebell Krush Full Body Drills
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Ket...ebellkrush.htm

Can't wait to check these out!
Old 09-23-14, 03:29 PM  
noodles

Hmmmm. I've never done a Paul Katami workout but perhaps this will be my 1st. For those who are familiar with him, are his workouts considered advanced or super duper advanced? Is the music used on his DVD's motivating? Does he use chapters or premixes?
Thanks in advance,
Jamie
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-14, 04:10 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Hmmmm. I've never done a Paul Katami workout but perhaps this will be my 1st. For those who are familiar with him, are his workouts considered advanced or super duper advanced? Is the music used on his DVD's motivating? Does he use chapters or premixes?
Thanks i advance,
Jamie
I love Paul's workouts! Although I have to admit his attempt at creating a "system" didn't work for me. I rented a couple of the discs from the 4x4 system through kineticflix.com. I was glad I got to try before buying because I realized I didn't like that set and it was pricey. However, of his stand alone releases I have many and love them! He is generally pretty advanced (sometimes int/adv). Well, at least the ones I have. I have his ASAP Hollywood Bootcamp 4x4 workout and his 4x4x2 sequel (LOVE the second one!!). I also have and love his Burn and Build and Kettlebell Konnect.

Paul has a great personality and the workouts are challenging in a good way. I'm not one to usually pay attention to music in workouts, so I can't help you there. He usually does his workouts in "blocks" which are chaptered. The 4x4x2 workout had the workout as is and then the option of a "premix" where you can choose to "scramble" the order of the blocks. Otherwise, I can't recall in his other workouts there being any premix options.

I think if you like Cathe, Patrick G., Toby M, Mike Donavanik and other athletic based instructors you'll like Paul. Maybe check out some of his clips on Total Fitness to get a feel for his style?
Old 09-23-14, 06:02 PM  
gilbjeter

I would consider him advanced. I always get a good workout when I do his DVDs. I love his burn and build kettlebell so I am hoping his new kb is just as good. I consider his production, at least on his stand alones pretty poor production with bad music. But the workouts are good so I get past that. I haven't tried his 4x4 system, but that did look like better production.
gilbjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-14, 08:00 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Where are all the Paul fans? Am I the only one excited to see something new from him?
Old 09-24-14, 08:19 AM  
fitfitterfittest

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
Where are all the Paul fans? Am I the only one excited to see something new from him?
Here I am Sorry for the late reply. I was so happy to see your post last night and even searched for some additional info but there does not seem to be any. I am especially curious to see what he will come up with in the Kettlebell Krush.
fitfitterfittest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-14, 09:36 AM  
twinkletoes

Added both new ones to my wish list!

Quote:
I love Paul's workouts! Although I have to admit his attempt at creating a "system" didn't work for me. I rented a couple of the discs from the 4x4 system through kineticflix.com. I was glad I got to try before buying because I realized I didn't like that set and it was pricey.
I won Paul's system on Facebook but I haven't had a chance to try them yet. What didn't you like about the workouts?
Old 09-24-14, 10:59 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitfitterfittest View Post
Here I am Sorry for the late reply. I was so happy to see your post last night and even searched for some additional info but there does not seem to be any. I am especially curious to see what he will come up with in the Kettlebell Krush.
I was really hoping he would make a sequel to Burn and Build with the high step. I love the way that high step ups the cardio factor for me in that workout! I'll still be stalking Total Fitness to check out the clips though. Chances are I'll be getting both of these if they look good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletoes View Post
Added both new ones to my wish list!

I won Paul's system on Facebook but I haven't had a chance to try them yet. What didn't you like about the workouts?
This was awhile ago that I did these but IIRC the moves in the two discs I tried were sort of repetitive and uninspired, especially if you already owned some of his other workouts like I do. There were also a few moves that seemed awkward and I couldn't understand the benefit I would get from it. I also didn't like how the set was so expensive when I would only have used the more advanced workouts from the set. I don't normally like sets that assume the user is a total beginner from the outset which leaves a bunch of unusable workouts for me. That's just my opinion, though. Definitely try out the workouts because you never know...you might love it! I'm pretty sure there were some satisfied VF'ers who bought the set so YMMV.
Old 09-24-14, 02:42 PM  
Calistro

Quote:

Me!

I am a fan. I have most of his workouts, but I have only done two so far, Ab lab and the beginners kettlebell workout. I am excited about these, and I did see your post yesterday, and viewed them at Mary's, so anxiously waiting to see the clips.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 05:26 PM  
Calistro

The clips for both of these are up now.

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Ket...tami-p/450.htm

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Hi5...tami-p/707.htm

I usually love Paul, but why am I meh on everything these days?

The only interest Ihave is in the new Lauren, and I am slightly intrigued by Brett Hoebels coming soon Spri Ignite Intensity. but we will see.

Calistro.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hi5, high intensity 5, kettlebell krush, paul katami, paul katami workouts