Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-01, 01:46 PM  
Becky D
VF Supporter

Question Spend my CIA $$$$$

Hi All-

I'm a CIA "virgin" but I'm hoping the remedy that soon! CIA's 2 for 1 sale has prompted me to do some Christmas shopping---for myself .

So here's my question: I think I'm going to get 2K07 Raw/Fusion but I'm not sure on my "free" tape. I like interesting, but not too complex choreography (I can do the first section of Christi's Heavenly tapes but *not* the second). I don't like high-impact or kickboxing and I love great music. I'm thinking of 2104 with Gay or Ginette's Kamikaze or Urban Tai Chi. What do ya'll think?
Becky D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-01, 04:14 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Re: Spend my CIA $$$$$

Quote:
Originally posted by Becky D
Hi All-

I'm a CIA "virgin" but I'm hoping the remedy that soon! CIA's 2 for 1 sale has prompted me to do some Christmas shopping---for myself .

So here's my question: I think I'm going to get 2K07 Raw/Fusion but I'm not sure on my "free" tape. I like interesting, but not too complex choreography (I can do the first section of Christi's Heavenly tapes but *not* the second). I don't like high-impact or kickboxing and I love great music. I'm thinking of 2104 with Gay or Ginette's Kamikaze or Urban Tai Chi. What do ya'll think?
Out of the ones you mentioned, I would choose CIA 2104. Gay cues really well in this tape. She chooses great music in comparison to other CIA's. But she doesn't use better music than Christi because Christi gets special soundtracks for her tapes. There is not a lot of high impact in this tape. You don't have to worry about the kickboxing issue.

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-01, 04:18 PM  
Becky D
VF Supporter

*Blushing*

Thanks Helen. That's the one I was leaning toward.

After started this tread I realized that I probably should have simply added my questions to the CIA thread Tami already started. Mental note to self: double check EXISTING threads before starting another one .
Becky D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-01, 04:24 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

You're welcome Becky

I'm glad that I chose the one that you wanted anyway. It's o.k. that you started another thread. Tami had different requirements & preferences anyway. It looks like most people told her to get the Anderson sisters. You didn't mention their videos. It was easy to choose from the three videos that you mentioned and from your preferences.

Helen
Old 11-28-01, 08:18 PM  
Celia M

My two cents worth

Becky, I'm with Helen on this one. Of the ones you're interested in, Gay's 2104 is by far the best choice. However, the step portion of this tape has a lot of TIFT'ing (which I don't really care for). So you might want to think about some other possibilities...

I'm a big Anderson sisters fan, and you might want to take a look at their 9806 step or 2103 Power Aerobics. Neither are high-impact, the choreography is not overly complex, and they're GOOD! The same can be said of Franny's 2K05 Cardio Parties, and the music is excellent.
Old 11-28-01, 09:14 PM  
Jane C
VF Supporter

Thumbs up Gay's great, but don't forget Cardio Parties!

I just did the step portion of Cardio Parties (2K05) and all I can say is...

Why don't I do it more!

Really fun tape. Very little repetition. Perfect cueing. Excellent music.

This was a breakthrough tape for me last February - my first "complex" tape.

Franny looks terrific on it. The intensity is high. great tape.

Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, idolator, worshipper of fire,
come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.

Rumi
Jane C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-01, 09:49 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Gay Gasper

My vote for the free tape (what a great Christmas special!) would be Gay Gasper's 2104. She builds her routine at an even pace, and although some people don't like the TIFTing, I don't mind it because it keeps me from getting overwhelmed and frustrated with the choreography. The music is great and so is Gay's personality.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-01, 12:29 AM  
Tami S.
VF Supporter

Becky,

I have RAW and Cardio Parties and love them both. I'm not sure if they're on the 2 for 1 list, but they are definitely keepers. You might want to check out Becky C.'s Kicked Up Step tape too. (I know for sure that one is on the list.) There are lots of fans for that one here.

I ended up getting two of the Anderson sisters tapes (9807 & 9806). For $10 a piece, you can't go wrong. Have fun shopping!
Tami S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-01, 07:05 AM  
Elyse

I also need help

I figured I'd post here. I'm also looking to buy cia tapes with their great sale. but am also not sure what to do. I own Franny's nonstop workout and cardio party, mindy's slamming sports and extreme intervals and christy tape 9801 I think. I like high intensity workouts, any recommendations on tapes from current sale for me?
Elyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-01, 09:28 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Re: I also need help

Quote:
Originally posted by Elyse
I figured I'd post here. I'm also looking to buy cia tapes with their great sale. but am also not sure what to do. I own Franny's nonstop workout and cardio party, mindy's slamming sports and extreme intervals and christy tape 9801 I think. I like high intensity workouts, any recommendations on tapes from current sale for me?
Elyse,

If you like your two Franny tapes, there's also 9704. This one is more intense than Cardio Parties. The choreography is easier than 9905. Franny has interesting complex choreography in her hi/lo interspersed with her famous drills. That means football fast feet, fast jabs, etc.

Helen V. is also intense. Not as intense as Mindy but one of the top in CIA for intensity. Her Boot Camp CIA 9903 or CIA 2K07 are good choices for you. I think CIA 9903 is a little more intense than 2K07. But 2K07 has more variety.

Enjoy,
Helen