Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-26-21, 12:12 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Workouts for today:

Reps to the Rhythm - Combat Cardio -this was a light low impact cardio kickbox. It wasn't too difficult cardio -wise and easy to follow.

Jessica Valent -A little bit of everything - this was just what it said - Jessica did some Pilates exercises as well as some traditional strength work.

Our Thanksgiving went well. DD's BF seemed to enjoy himself.

Anyone doing any Black Friday shopping? I really have nothing on my list to buy, I think for Xmas this year my DD just wants money to put towards a dressage saddle.

And DH and I bought new living room furniture - so that is our gift.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 06:20 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning everyone!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday - and the insanity is only beginning!

Between Thanksgiving and now my flooring has come in, life has been crazy. We're prepping for the installation beginning on Dec 6th and with 4 cats, it's a juggling game. Forgive me for not commenting on previous posts - gotta post and run today!

Thurs: pushups Body Electric series 1300, show 11, two back to back Lesley 15 minute practices.

Fri: Body Electric series 1300, show 12 and one Lesley Quickie yoga for vitality.

Winter has set in fast and furious. We actually had a dusting of snow yesterday So not ready!

Have a great day everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 09:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at my sister-in-law's house. I think I mentioned she was having a lot of people and I was hesitant but it worked out well. Everyone was vaxxed and we had a great time. Her daughter and her family were a lot of fun and we got invited back for Christmas Eve.
LOL. We'll see how it all plays out. Still not exercising. The pain comes throbbing back at the slightest exertion. I was hoping to get a few short walks in but it's just too cold and windy.

PAT, hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful and you thoroughly enjoyed your time with your son and hubby.

DONNA, so glad DD's bf enjoyed the day with you. Nice workouts. I didn't do any Black Friday shopping. I may get a coat for DD for Christmas while the sales are still on though. Enjoy your new living room furniture!

DIANE, nice workouts. Good luck with the floor installation. You'll be so happy when it's done and looking fabulous. No snow yet here but it sure feels like it's ready to come any minute now.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 12:52 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - 7 Day Series Day # 6 - Fusion Bootcamp (sshh...don't tell Ellen I went out of order, LOL! I didn't do Day # 5 yesterday but i may do it tomorrow along w/ Day # 7!)

Annie Pilates Physical Therapy (You Tube) - Back Pain with Tight Iliopsoas Stretching and Strengthening - I'm finding a lot of good stuff on this channel!! This one contained some exercises that were similar to the program I did earlier this week for the piriformis. I think the bottom line for me (no pun intended) is that i need to work on strengthening and activating my glutes and hips. These practices end up making me feel better right away - I think b/c it wakes up the muscles that are asleep on the job. I do need to stay consistent with it though and that is always a challenge.

Summer Breeze - I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! I'm sorry your back is still bothering you so much.....hopefully will be better soon.

Diane - Snow!

Waves, Pat!

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
Old 11-28-21, 07:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - 7 Day Series Day # 5 - Yogini Sculpt

Later on today I will probably walk and/or do some PT type exercises or a stretch.

I scheduled my COVID Booster for next Sunday....hoping for minimal side effects!!

Take care!!

Donna
Old 11-28-21, 08:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, sorry to be MIA! I've been terrible with exercising, not even enjoying my beloved yin yoga. Still struggling with the sinus and fatigue thing plus the holiday stuff adding to my tiredness. My one good day was after TG, my son and I walked around the neighborhood and I surprised myself with how far I could go. Which means this is no time to give in to laziness! Time to get back on program now and keep my strength and flexibility up.

Donna, it's good to hear your daughter's BF enjoyed himself. You are so diligent in keeping up your fitness program. I did a bit of Black Friday shopping, alas none of it was a deal.

Diane, snow?? My grandnieces and nephew are in Vermont and Maine, they all had snow over the holiday. Good luck with the floors and the cats!

Your Thanksgiving sounds like a good time, Summer Breeze. Nice bonus on anticipating another visit on Christmas. That's awful about your back, though. I bet the cold and damp makes it feel worse.

Everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 06:22 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

More snow, although just a dusting, overnight. When I get up and open the shades, I never know what to expect. The backyard grass was white but nothing stuck to the roads or sidewalks. Phew!

Workouts:
Sat: 30 minute treadmill run, followed by Lesley Yoga for tired feet and sore legs.

Sun: Pushups, Terrafit Chest, Back and Arms Circuit, Lesley 15 minute vinyasa.

I've had the Terrafit set forever - actually had two (duh!) and gave one away. This was a surprisingly good workout and I like the circuit style. I passed on the cardio but will add my own in on my next time around.

Pat I hope you're feeling better. This time of year, with the heat on, my sinuses take a beating. Yesterday I blew my nose and tons of blood came out. Happens every season and it's all because of the dryness. Taking out my saline solution today.

Summer Breeze I'm sorry you're still dealing with pain. I know exactly where you're coming from and it's awful. It honestly took me a full year to be able to exercise at *almost* full speed. Happy you had a great Thanksgiving!

Donna I just bookmarked and subscribed to Annie Pilates Physical Therapy - this sounds really good! It's amazing how much free stuff is out there. I'm not resubscribing to Bad Yogi for next year - I still love her but want to "share the wealth" so to speak! And, yes, snow and in the 20s. I so want to adopt another dog but days like this make me glad that I don't have to go out and walk one.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 08:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Back to it today:

Ellen - Power and Balance - I really like this one a lot. It reminds me of her studio workouts.

Jessica Valent - Glutes on the Mat

I'm really trying to incorporate glute and hip strengthening as often as possible. I think the lack of strength in those areas is a prime cause for my back and hip pain.

Diane - I do like Annie Pilates PT - once my Jessica V. subscription ends I will probably not re-subscribe since I want to try some new things out.

Pat - I understand, my mojo is missing, too. Ellen is mainly all I can face these days!

Summer Breeze - hope you are noticing little improvements here and there.

Take care, everyone -

Donna
Old 11-29-21, 09:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all. I made it to the gym for some cardio to juice up my metabolism a little, then had a nice yin yoga with Kassandra. It feels like the movement cleared up my sinus headache some, too.

Ugh, Happy Moan Day ladies!
Old 11-30-21, 09:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday was a better day, featuring:

~ LWR 7 Minute Back Workout
~ Unplugged 1906
~ My own yinnish stretches
~ 6,380 steps

I'm finding the Unplugged warmups are getting a little aggravating. Margaret doesn't cue her dancy stuff well, and it's confusing with no music. Funny because on the Body Electric episodes I loved the dancy little warmup.

Diane, what is Terrafit? That's a new one. Annie Pilates PT sounds interesting. We might be getting some snow Thursday.

Donna, I hope you find your mojo soon, although you are always so good about doing something.

Sending hugs to Summer Breeze.

Tags
jim fixx