Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-21, 08:43 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did Combat 45 Power Kata (it's actually closer to 40 mins, not 45). I am, in general, exhausted, so I didn't know how well I would do with a hi-energy workout. Going in I thought that I would just follow the modifier and do the best I could. I actually really enjoyed it; it's more controlled moves than hardcore cardio, so I didn't have to modify as much as I thought I would. It's been nice revisiting some old favs like Turbo Jam and Combat. I tacked on CH: Giddy Up, just to do some slower, dancy cardio too. I also did parts of CH Elite: Rope & Ride throughout the day. Made it to over 13,000 steps for the day.

Penguin - Sorry that the house visit was a bust! The structural issues sound concerning enough but, cows, you say? Hmm, interesting. I don't know what kind of neighbors they would make. I have a friend that's currently looking to buy a house and she is also frustrated. I guess the search continues. I hope that everything ends up working out.

Hi, SB!
Old 11-24-21, 09:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I may have spoken too soon. I tried the stretch again yesterday when my back wasn't sore and it made the throbbing pain come back. So I'm thinking maybe the stretch was just a fluke the other day and I still need to be very careful what I do.
It was blustery and cold yesterday so I couldn't gear myself up for a short walk.
Oh well. One day at a time.

CAMBET, great workouts kicking things up a notch! Especially with being so exhausted too. Well done.

PENGUIN, ugh about the house. Cows seem pretty placid but what do I know.
We have tons of deer around here where I live and they are a huge nuisance, eating all the shrubbery and plants and leaving "presents" in our backyard so I'm thinking cows may not be such good neighbors either

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 07:49 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I'm currently under the hairdryer. I'm heading down to Atlanta in a little while. I thought about just staying home because I'm REALLY enjoying relaxing in my house without the craziness of work, but the twin's mom FaceTimed with me last night, letting each of the kids say their own personal hello, to tell me how much they are looking forward to seeing me at Thanksgiving dinner today. I think it was a strategic move on her part because she mentioned that she and my nephew are wanting to go out on Saturday and she was wondering if I'd be available to spend time with the kids that evening/night. How could I possibly say no to that??? I think it'll be good for me to get away and spend some time with the family/kids (who are now 6,6,8, and 12 ).

Yesterday I did Combat 30 Kick Start (I think I had only done it one time before) and throughout the day I did parts of CH Elite: Wild Horse to get in 250 steps/hour. I could not believe that I fell asleep with 9,725 steps, so I fell a bit short of 10,000 steps for the day , but not by much. I was planning to do 10 or 15 mins of CH before I expectantly fell asleep and when I woke up it was after midnight.

I noticed that I have DOMS in my shoulders and arms from doing the Combat workouts. It would be nice if I could incorporate them into a regular routine.

SB - Oh no, sorry to hear that your back feeling better didn't last longer. Darn it! Ugghh! Well, hang in there. I tweaked my back last week (again-insert eyeroll) and I've had to be very careful not to aggravate it while working out. There is always something, no? I hope that you have a nice time with your family today.

Hi, Penguin! Hope you have a nice day too!
Old 11-25-21, 08:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving!!

CAMBET, enjoy your time with the twins and siblings in Atlanta! You're doing some great workouts!

PENGUIN, enjoy your day!

Old 11-25-21, 07:04 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Cambet, well they say the way to get more energy is to exercise more :-) it sounds backwards but maybe your high energy work out will energize you. I wonder what the cows would think if we had a cookout :-) i’m glad to hear you get to go visit your family for the holiday :-).

SB, Sorry to hear that your back is still so frustrating for you. My parents get a lot of deer and find them troublesome also. At least the cows shouldn’t come wandering through the backyard, I hope!

Hubby originally had today off but he got called into work, fortunately with enough notice so we had Thanksgiving with my parents yesterday. hope you guys are enjoying the holiday.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 08:27 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So I wasn’t going to do a work out but I changed my mind. I did Improved Health’s 10m gentle walking, 10m Bee Gees walk (❤️Bee Gees), and 1000a Fast Walk. Then I finished with Jessica Smith’s 8m Standing stretch

Now for leftovers :-)

Old 11-26-21, 09:33 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So I started my paper 4 day split work out today. I procrastinated a bit because I wasn’t sure how this was going to work.

I started with UTTB’s 6m Halloween warm-up, after the weights I did her 2700s 70’s Disco Walk . I had intended to add another work out but halfway through the disco I decided I was exhausted :-).

So the weight workout went like this. The original workout is a print out from my old computer so I only have the one copy, which has now been scribbled on And exercises marked out :-). I wrote each days exercises out on an individual index card so as I did the workouts I could keep track of my weights and the reps. I am aiming for 16 slow up/down reps. Today was Shoulders so I started with upright row, alternating lateral raise (this is front and side at the same time and then swap), Arnold press, Y raise, Wide Rows, and delt raise. I set a timer and was fumbling around a bit, having to check my card for the next exercise, and writing down the previous reps. So I figure I’ll get better :-). I went through the exercises and it took exactly 7 minutes. 🥴. So I did a second set and was able to up my weights on a few exercises. I found a YouTube 80s rock music and played that while I did the weights.

Old 11-27-21, 09:06 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I've had a nice time visiting with family, but I've also worked out the last two days to try to counteract all of the over-eating I've done. Also, both days I've noticed that I was at around 8,000 steps at night, so I only had work out for 20-25 mins to make it to 10,000 for the day. Thursday I did CH Elite: Wild Horse and made it over 10,500 steps for the day. Yesterday I did CH Dance Mash Up + and made it to over 10,000 steps for the day.

SB - Hope you had a good last couple of days.

Penguin - You're doing a great job with your workouts. Your paper 4-day split sounds interesting. It sounds like you did fine, and you'll get the hang of it! You've inspired me to think about weights again, and I remembered Chalene Extreme as a short-ish weight program that I might be willing to try to tackle soon. I'm going to look into it (length of workouts and what it entails) as soon as I get a chance.
Old 11-27-21, 09:40 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

We had a very very enjoyable Thanksgiving at my sister-in-law's house. I was hesitant to go at first because she was having a lot of people but they were all vaxxed and we had a great time. Her daughter and her family were a lot of fun and we're already invited back for Christmas Eve. LOL.
We'll see how that all plays out. Still not exercising. The pain returns at the slightest exertion so I'm being cautious.
I think a short walk will work but it's been so cold and windy I haven't been up to it yet. Maybe soon.

PENGUIN, sorry hubby got called in for Thanksgiving but at least you celebrated with family the day before. I worked many a holiday in my restaurant days so I know the feeling. Your weight routine looks very doable and I give you a lot of credit doing if from the index cards. I would need a dvd to follow I'm pretty sure. Not disciplined enough.

CAMBET, good job keeping up with your movement and steps on your visit with family.

Have a wonderful day!

Old 11-27-21, 08:59 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Cambet, i’m glad you had a fun visit home even if there was a little over eating, there is always over eating at holidays :-). I’m glad you have inspired you to consider weights again :-) while my paper workout is lacking in spontaneity at least I don’t have to try to figure out what does sub in for a plank, or some other exercise I don’t want to do on a video.

SB, I’m glad to hear that you had a good time at your sister-in-law‘s, and plan to go back for Christmas. The advantage of picking my own exercises is I know I will enjoy them, so less dread factor :-)

So after Juice and Toya’s five minute active warm-up, I started Leg and Ab day :-). I decided to do 16 reps of each exercise plus 16 pulses at the end; starting with left and right reverse lunges, squat, Romanian deadlifts, L R side lunge, one legged squat, regular crunches, oblique crunches LR and finally Glute bridge. I did two sets of the abs and fridge because that’s what I’m used to, however no pulses.

Then I added on Reps to the Rhythm 1600s ABBA Walk and 2300s Fast walk.

Tags
vera laro