Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-21, 09:04 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I just landed at my desk after four days off and have to fly by. Yesterday I did not complete the flat project but it will be done soon. My head is busted from banging into the low eaves up there. Doh!

~ LWR 10 minute Cardio - Full Body Workout
~ GYM for 45 minutes weight machines, full body workout
~ 7,454 steps

I really liked the LWR - a good anytime routine, no dread. Time to start an LWR favorites playlist.

Be safe and happy today!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 09:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Aggravating day yesterday, the grocery store was a nightmare. And the prices! Whole Wallet at Stop & Shop, a total dump. Fortunately earlier in the day I managed:

~ YWK 15 Minute Morning Yin Yoga Stretch
~ 20 minute lunch walk
~ 7,951 steps

Summer Breeze, it's so good to hear you got out for a walk - but that dang storm! I'm happy to hear you are okay and especially that you enjoyed your dinner out.

Donna, I'm doing the same as you. Started a couple of years ago, I've been whittling away at decreasing "stuff." And my husband is a pack rat, too. He's finally starting to come around though. Were you able to donate the books? Parting with the DVDs is hard, for sure.

Hello to Diane and anyone else who visits!
Old 11-17-21, 08:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I missed posting yesterday - I had to go into the office...we are back to going in every other Tuesday - and I'm just so out of practice in that regard. But here are my workouts:

Tuesday - Ellen - Abs & Arms

Wed - Ellen - Barre Conditioning

I'm following her 10 Day Kick Start plan today was Day 6, so I just have 4 more to go.

After I finish this I'm thinking that I really need to up the ante. I'm feeling flabby and out of shape - but the trick is to find something that I can do w/out feeling burned out and achey.

I was thinking about PowerFit or maybe doing one of Jessica Smith's rotations - either Healthy for the Holidays - which is a 5 day a week plan or her Calm & Strong rotation. I may do Healthy For the Holidays since it is that time of year.

But I just feel the need to do some more challenging workouts for fear of losing too much strength and then not being able to do them. If you know what I mean.

Anyway - hope everyone has a good day - back to the work from home routine today.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 11:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! It was a frustrating day and my autoimmune issues were acting up. I did YWK's Morning Yoga Movement Day #4, Neck & Shoulders, then in the evening did some of Alice Bracegirdle's Shakti Warrior - until my laptop battery died. Roll eyes!!!

Donna, good luck planning your next rotation. I hate that flabby feeling!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-18-21, 06:06 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

Sorry to have been MIA. VF is still acting so weird. When I click on new posts, it says "no new posts" - what???? So I've basically gave up and moved on. Today, thankfully the new posts appeared. Anyone else having this problem?

As for workouts:
Monday - went for a hike in the Berkshires. Snow is on the horizon so we're trying to get our outdoor fun as much as possible.

Tuesday - Ran on the treadmill, followed by a 10 minute Lesley quickie yoga.

Wednesday - Body Electric Series 1300, show 12. Again, the audio not matching up with the video. Very frustrating!

Today I have yet another echocardiagram and, fingers crossed, will head out for a bike ride as it may hit 61! Then, snow is coming in on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm so not ready for this!

Only one comment - Pat - I've been doing a lot of research on Santa Fe and I think that may be the place. If it's good enough for Ali McGraw, then it's good enough for me! Finding a reasonably priced small home will be a challenge.

That's it for me. Hopping in the shower and off to the docs!

Have a great day, everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 09:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening I did a 1 Mile walk from Leslie's Walk at Home You Tube channel - it was with Rocky. I like Rocky! I just needed to do something because I felt terrible from sitting all day.

Today, so far I have done:

Body Groove - Classic Grooves - Swing - this was nice for a change of pace, I'm having trouble finding motivation so I thought something different would be good.

Ellen's Mindful Meditation - this was Day 7 of her 10 Day Kick Start series.

Good luck today, Diane!! We are supposed to have a warm day but then cold after that.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
Old 11-18-21, 09:18 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Nothing much yesterday. I needed a day to get over Autoimmune Tuesday, and fortunately I had a massage on the books for last night. Feeling much better today and began it with 30 minutes of yin.

Diane, I do have concerns about the cost of living in NM .... LOL, I live in CT how much worse can it be. Your walk in the Berkshires sounds so nice.

Nice workouts Donna. Swing sounds like a fun change of pace!

Good morning Summer Breeze, hope you are doing well.

Old 11-18-21, 10:40 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Still plugging along with no exercise. The sciatica seems slightly improved but any exertion of any kind gets it throbbing again.
And I mean just everyday stuff that needs to be done, putting away groceries, changing sheets, cleaning a tub etc. I still need to try out the upper body weights but I kind of got myself out of the exercise habit now

DONNA, looks like you always find nice workouts even with low motivation. I always admired that. I'm feeling a tad flabby and I like that toned feeling much better. Somehow I haven't gained weight through this layoff but again weight is 95% diet for me.

PAT, sorry to hear about the autoimmune issues but the massage sounds heavenly.

DIANE, good luck at the dr's today. Yes enjoy this nice weather while you can. Too bad I missed out on walking the fall weather this year. I go from the home page on VF and click right onto Reader Forum and haven't have any issues (knock wood). I don't use the "New Posts" feature.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 08:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

On a whim today I did a random workout -

Cindy Crawford's New Dimension - this was a post partum workout she did many years ago. It has 3 workout segments, I did segment C which is the longest one. I enjoyed it - some light cardio and light toning. I skipped the abs which just looked like a long series of crunches. But it was a nicely done and produced workout - pretty scenery and popular (at the time) vocal music. (This workout is on You Tube, btw)

I then added on:

Caroline Sandry - Level 1 from 30 Days to Flat Abs Pilates

Allaire Back Fitness - Episode 1

I should be more consistent w/ Allaire - I think it could be beneficial. But I get distracted easily. Each workout in the beginner series anyway - features - a crunch/abdominal exercise, an extension exercise, a plank exercise, and a bridging exercise. She also includes stretching at the end. They are around 20 min - honestly something I should have no excuse NOT to do!

Summer Breeze - I'm sorry your back is still bothering you - ugh.

Pat - Maryland is super expensive and taxes retirement income so we plan to leave at some point when we retire. We'll probably go back to PA somewhere, which is not necessarily cheap, but they at least don't tax retirement income.

Waves, Diane!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-19-21, 09:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! TGIF! Yesterday featured:

~ YWK Yin Yoga to Restore & Reboot
~ Quick walk around the parking lot at work
~ Shakti Warrior Lesson 8 - Blossom Into You
~ 7,521 steps

That has to be my best Alice B. workout after all these years. I can still feel my core and those elusive lower abs. Not to mention how fun it was.

So, you know these walking out of the store without paying heists going on all over the country? I'm quite sure I witnessed one at BJ's last night, but didn't see the full scenario so I didn't say anything. A couple with three carts brimming over with cases of soda, walking out of the entrance. The person who checks your sales slips was bent over with the supervisor examining a clipboard when I walked by, but I do not know for sure if the couple bypassed or got checked. It sure seemed they were skipping out.

Summer Breeze, how frustrating for you. I hope a miracle happens soon.

Donna, you're always coming up with different workouts. I didn't even know Cindy Crawford had any workout videos.

Thinking of Diane, hope everything went well.

Tags
jim fixx