Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-21, 08:27 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So apparently I pulled this up yesterday to post and then hubby walked in and started talking to me and I forgot to post.

We ran a few errands yesterday and a few more today. But nothing really exciting.

SB, i’m glad to hear you seem to be improving :-). I can’t get hubby to help me with the holiday decorations I would like to do, maybe some lights around the porch?, hence the wreath and tree. I think you and your family putting up holiday decorations in honor of your DH would be lovely :-).

Hey Cambet

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-21, 04:00 AM  
patchworkpenguin

So nothing exciting happened today :-) I did laundry, talked to my mom and I finished my last Christmas project!

Old 11-13-21, 11:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Still nothing here exercise related.
My friend from upstate NY is visiting the area with her hubby this weekend and we have a walk planned this afternoon if the rain holds off. It will be my first walk in awhile but I think I can do it.

PENGUIN, didn't mean to leave you hanging . Well at least you got your Christmas projects done early. Hope you continue to improve.

Hi CAMBET!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-21, 08:23 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I think I overdid it today! I was laying in bed last night and remembered that I had one more Christmas quilt planned ( a penguin Themed quilt) and I felt so good today that I started it! I have until Tuesday to finish it so it shouldn’t be a problem :-) but I didn’t have to do so much today though!

I also cut up and roasted a slew of vegetables for our dinners. It was a suggestion from that podcast I mentioned :-) if you have roasted vegetables in the refrigerator it’s easy to add them to whatever you’re making or as a side dish. So I also cooked some chicken in the crockpot. Hubby will get his in a container for his dinner tomorrow at work.

Heard on the radio that it’s getting hard to fine Thanksgiving turkey in the stores!

Old 11-14-21, 11:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[COLOR="Green"]Good morning!

Yesterday was:

half hour outdoor walk (approx)

It's been awhile since I had a walk to report. My friend and I walked in the park but had to cut it short and make a mad dash for the car. A violent storm came through complete with hail and high winds.
My back is pretty sore today but I think it's more from sitting a lot than the walking.
I may just rest today for a change.
LOL. We went out to dinner last night and met up with some other friends so it was a late night.

PENGUIN, oh the chicken and roasted veggies sound good. I didn't hear about the turkey shortage but nothing surprises me anymore. The penguin themed quilt sounds lovely.

Hi CAMBET.

Have a wonderful day everyone!/COLOR]
Old 11-15-21, 02:43 AM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I’m glad you had a nice time with your friend your sore back may be more from your mad dash than the walk itself. I wasn’t specifically looking for a turkey but did see some in the store. My dad told me he bought ours last month :-)

I finished the penguin quilt a day ahead of schedule yippee! I am feeling much better but still snuffly. I didn’t take any medicine last night but took some this afternoon and it made me feel much worse, creating a runny nose were there hadn’t been one before. That’s just wrong! Medicine should make you feel better!

I’ve been listening to the fitness Simplified podcast, and she says I shouldn’t be doing what I’m doing, just randomly picking weight workouts. She says I need to follow a structured routine and stick with it for at least four weeks to see improvement in my strength. Doing the same program day after day sounds incredibly boring to me. But she does have a point. So I’m thinking about giving it a try. Because of fear of damaging what’s left of my retina by straining, I am very cautious about using heavy weights or doing certain exercises, which may make finding a routine a little difficult. I think I have one from before of my “favorite exercises“.

Old 11-15-21, 07:24 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. Last week was BAD. . My dept had a meltdown over a disagreement and I got caught in the middle with unfair accusations and email attacks. The situation is under control now, but it was time consuming to manage and it took a pretty big toll on me. I did manage to get in a few workouts, mostly with stress relief in mind.

I'll catch up and post more later.

Hope you are both doing well.
Old 11-15-21, 05:51 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Cambet, so sorry to hear about all the drama at work :-( hopefully it is all cleared up and people will start acting their age! Hopefully this is not the same people instigating again.

I still have a slight cough, a little sinus drainage, and I’m exhausted!, but I’m feeling better every day! Hubby seems to be better off than I am :-). Looking forward to when things get back to normal!

Old 11-16-21, 11:54 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I am feeling better every day even if I still sound funny :-).

Old 11-17-21, 10:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

PENGUIN, that's good to hear your're feeling better each day.
That's a long stretch you've been sidelined with that sinus infection. Agh.

Not as long as my sideline unfortunately.
Still suffering along here. I think it's improving and then I exert myself in some minor way, putting away groceries, changing sheets on the bed, just basic things that need to be done and bam! it's hurting again. Very frustrating.

CAMBET, hope things are going a little more smoothly at work even if still very busy.
You definitely need some stress relief.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Tags
vera laro