Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-17, 11:13 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

If you still have trouble try http://shop.laurengleisberg.com/my-account/. Sometimes I see my account, others times not. I think it's a browser cacheing thing.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 04:42 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

I'm a bit confused by Lauren's site. Is the Weight Training 2.0 the same as the Fall Challenge? Is it worthwhile getting both? Is there a bundle package for the workouts without the Meal Plan?

I love paper workouts so I'm very interested. Any more info on the differences between her workout programs would be great, too.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 07:11 PM  
Tugger31

Lauren's workouts are...

1. Weight Training Plan (for Home or Gym). I don't think it's officially labeled "1.0" but it was the first one

2. Weight Training Plan 2.0 (for Home or Gym)

3. 30x30 Fat Loss Shred

4. LG Sisters Get Strong

5. Glute Guide

The Fall Challenge is a 5 week challenge that uses the Glute Guide but there are workouts she posts as well that you can do if you don't have the Glute Guide. These are posted weekly. I'm not sure if you can see the workouts if you don't officially sign up for the Challenge or not. The challenge just started this week. I am also not sure how often she offers challenges as I am new to her. So far I like it!

As far as bundles I am not entirely sure what bundles are available. I just have the workouts (all but "1.0" and the LG Sisters Get Strong). I did not get any of the nutrition plans. I have only done the Glute Guide/Fall Challenge so far. I purchased the others just recently so still haven't done them yet. I have heard the 2.0 Weight Training plan has pics of the workouts on the same page as the actual workout so it's easier to follow.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 07:44 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I have Lauren's original weight training program and the 2.0 weight training program. The Fall Challenge is not the same as either the 1.0 program or the 2.0 program, although it includes many of the same exercises.

The original program has 12 weeks of workouts - a 4 week Beginner phase, as well as a 4 week Phase I program and a 4 week Phase II program. I started with the Beginner phase, finished it up and started on her challenge. The Phase I workouts of the original program include Push/Pull workouts, and Phase II workouts include Legs, Chest/Back/HIIT, Cardio & Abs, Shoulders/Glutes, Arms, and HIIT Cardio/Abs.

I haven't used any of the 2.0 workouts, but Lauren describes them as follows:
Phase I - push/pull/leg workout schedule to focus on muscle hypertrophy
Phase II - the training split changes to focus on fat loss and muscle definition through more isolated muscle work.
2.0 also incorporates Lauren's Cardio and Ab add on plan.

All of Lauren's plans are attractively designed and put together. I really like them. I'm not aware of any bundles that don't include the meal plan. For what you get, I think they are well worth the $$.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 09:04 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Carol and Tug, thank you so much for the additional info. You explained the workouts very completely. I'm definitely buying (more than) one!

I LOVE paper workouts because I can go at my own pace and take a few moments extra to recover without pausing a dvd.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-17, 09:18 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
Carol and Tug, thank you so much for the additional info. You explained the workouts very completely. I'm definitely buying (more than) one!

I LOVE paper workouts because I can go at my own pace and take a few moments extra to recover without pausing a dvd.
Lexy,

This is exactly why I have fallen in love with Lauren's workouts.

Carol
Old 09-30-17, 06:34 AM  
Tugger31

Lexy, I forgot to mention that earlier in the thread (maybe page 2?) I posted a description of 30x30 that I took right from the workout pages themselves. Also is the dog in your pic a Shiba Inu?
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-17, 02:09 PM  
pharma_gal

Are you doing your own warm ups and cool downs?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-17, 02:10 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Are you doing your own warm ups and cool downs?
Yes I am - she has some suggestions in the training plans, but I pretty much do my own thing.

Carol

Tags
lauren gleisberg