Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Polls
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many years have you been working out?
Less than one year. 6 3.37%
One to two years. 8 4.49%
Three to five years. 32 17.98%
Six to nine years 32 17.98%
Ten to twenty years. 64 35.96%
More than twenty years! 36 20.22%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-01, 05:29 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

How many years have you been working out?

I've been working out for almost 22 years! Whether running, Jazzercise, speed walking, NordicTrack or videos I've kept up a routine for all that time. I've only been doing videos as my main form of exercise for about three years.

How about you? Is exercising for fitness a new part of your life? Or has it been that way for years?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-01, 05:42 PM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

Lovely eyes, Alta!

Much more expressive of what I think of as your 'soul' then that other gif!

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Clare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-01, 05:47 PM  
Judy SP

Now that's a picture I can look at!

Beautiful eyes indeed!
Old 11-26-01, 08:09 PM  
Renee D
VF Supporter

Wow...

It's been about 7 or 8 years! I did workouts very sporadically since my senior year of high school, but didn't get regular about it until 1993 or 94. I did a few videos (Buns of Steel, Firm Fannies, Sports Illustrated Swinsuiut Model workouts, Jennie Garth's Body in Progress) but didn't get regular until I started using the Firm and our apartment complex's stair stepper.

Wow.

And Alta, I'm with them--much better avatar!

Let your love fly like a bird on the wing
And let your love bind you to all living things
And let your love shine
And you'll know what I mean, that's the reason
~Bellamy Brothers

Renee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-01, 10:19 PM  
Catherine

12 Years, More or Less Consistently

I've been working out 12 years, more or less consistently. In the beginning I only did the Firm because most of the other workout tapes were so bad at the time - lots of leotards and legwarmers and leglifts and high impact aerobics. Thankfully, there is a much wider variety to choose from now!
Old 11-27-01, 09:14 AM  
Deanna
VF Supporter

I've always been active. I used to play LOTS of tennis and started running back in my teens. I continued with running and added some at home strength training in my early 20's. I officially became a vidiot with Jane Fonda's New Workout back in 1989. I've been a consistent vidiot for almost 12 years--and I'm still running during the warmer months. Quite a few years if you add it all up (I'm now 40) .
Old 11-27-01, 09:18 AM  
Becky D
VF Supporter

Always Active...

I've always been active but have only been consistent with exercise for the past couple of years. And, even at that, exercise is still not the "habit" that I'd like it to be. That's where VF fits into the picture. MOTIVATION, MOTIVATION, MOTIVATION!!!
Becky D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-01, 09:22 AM  
SuzanneM
VF Supporter

Okay, now I feel old

I've been working out for, well, a long time. My oldest son is almost 19 (GASP) and I was exercising before he was born. I can remember working out while I was pregnant, I think it was Joannie Greggin's morning show.

This is one habit I am sticking with.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
SuzanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-01, 10:11 AM  
KrisA
VF Supporter

Since high school

And I really shouldn't tell you how long THAT'S been! LOL! Actually, it's about 20 years, with occasional lapses. My lapses have generally been due to postpartum, and I almost never have gone a month without exercising at all. I'm not sure if that's good or not.

I've always been horrible with ball sports, so when the aerobics craze hit I was SO happy! I took ballet, tap and jazz lessons for 14 years as a child (not sure if that counts when you're 4 ), so aerobics came very easily for me. I was also a swimmer. I've branched out since then, but am always looking for new challenges!
Old 11-27-01, 12:56 PM  
rhbrand

I voted 10-20 years. I first started working out when I was 16, I'm now 31. Ok so I've taken some time off,and sometimes my workouts would be slow walks. But I almost always did something, minus the last couple months of pregnancy, a few times a month. I usually was miserable the last couple months of my pregnancy.
It's been in the last 3 years that I really got serious again. And I've seen some good results with it also
rhbrand is offline   Reply With Quote