Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-10-21, 08:08 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
was ya'll in therapy?
We just met socially. My daughters and I did go to grief support group for 3 years though. I could not recommend it highly enough. Grief is so isolating and the support of people who actually know what you're going through bc they've experienced it is invaluable. I was widowed at 38. My girls were in preschool and kindergarten. Nobody around me could relate at all and death makes people uncomfortable and they don't know how to act. That group was a lifeline.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-21, 12:42 AM  
Venus

Sherry,

I'm sorry for your loss and grief. I have been following this thread, and you have been in my thoughts, but I didn't know quite what to say. I am glad you were able to vent before contacting your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Another thought….These past 18 months have been challenging for everyone to say the least. Perhaps those who’ve let you down, and I agree that they have let you down, could be struggling with their own issues.…depression, grief, loss of job or income, fear of travel, lack of solid coping skills…..the list of possibilities goes on. It’s not an excuse, but could be an explanation….
I agree with Pam's comment. Though it may be little comfort, there could be other issues in their lives that would explain their behavior. It may help to express your wish for both of them to be there (if you still want them there) and why. People can be clueless; they might think they won't be missed or that other people going will be "enough". In your cousin's case, it would be good to let her know your husband trusted her to speak.

I hope you find peace within yourself and can enjoy the celebration with your loved ones when it takes place
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, grief