Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-21-21, 07:56 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Hi Buffmama! Whenever I have signed up for the Cathe trip, I have purchased travel insurance, just in case something happened and I couldn't go. I hope you will be able to go on a road trip some day, because I know you would have a blast.

Since the pandemic started, I've been wearing my Cathe road trip tee shirts all the time---they are really comfortable, and they make me remember the good times I had on the trips. If you can't go on a road trip, I recommend buying any of Cathe's tee shirts online, because they are so soft and comfortable.

The first Cathe road trip I went on was a Halloween trip (back in 2002). I still remember Cathe's son crawling on the gym floor in his bumblebee costume.

If it wasn't for the pandemic, I'd be there in a flash.
I usually go every year, but I've been going back and forth in my head about this one. I've decided to sign up but buy insurance (cancel for any reason) this year, just to be safe.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 10:06 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Didn't we go on Halloween once, Abbe?
Yes, Joni, in 2002! That was in her old gym, before she started her formal roadtrips.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 11:48 AM  
unfetteredpast

I don't mean to be snarky, but given Cathe's recent experience with retinal detachment, I would think she would have a more realistic policy towards refunds. Bad things happen out of the blue. She always has a waitlist filled with eager and willing people, so it's not like she'd be losing anything.

Yes, I know you can get travel insurance, but still ...

Rant over.
unfetteredpast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 01:12 PM  
fanofladyvols

This paragraph has been added to the registration:

*In the event the State of New Jersey mandates for gyms the wearing masks, size restrictions, social distancing or orders us to close because of the Pandemic your money will be refunded and the Road Trip will be canceled.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 01:55 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Cathe's sons must be in collage by now! Time flies!
Old 07-21-21, 02:34 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
This paragraph has been added to the registration:

*In the event the State of New Jersey mandates for gyms the wearing masks, size restrictions, social distancing or orders us to close because of the Pandemic your money will be refunded and the Road Trip will be canceled.
Thanks for this update and I'm glad this was added. Still, there may be circumstances in my own state that could prevent me from attending. **sigh**

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 02:41 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfetteredpast View Post
I don't mean to be snarky, but given Cathe's recent experience with retinal detachment, I would think she would have a more realistic policy towards refunds. Bad things happen out of the blue. She always has a waitlist filled with eager and willing people, so it's not like she'd be losing anything.

Yes, I know you can get travel insurance, but still ...

Rant over.
I don't think you are being snarky, just practical. I would "hope" that they would be more lenient if someone had something like a detached retina. They may have had a lot of people waffling about attending---signing up then canceling late. Who knows. I wouldn't want to have to buy travel insurance in this case and put out the extra $$$.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 07-28-21, 02:33 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Y'all! I am signed up for the Halloween road trip! I'm so excited! I've never done a road trip in all these years that I've been working out with Cathe. Mainly because I didn't want to go alone. My husband and my best friend and I do Cathe workouts together every morning in our basement gym. So... us girls talked both husbands into going. I sure hope it doesn't get cancelled!
Old 07-28-21, 04:34 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
Y'all! I am signed up for the Halloween road trip! I'm so excited! I've never done a road trip in all these years that I've been working out with Cathe. Mainly because I didn't want to go alone. My husband and my best friend and I do Cathe workouts together every morning in our basement gym. So... us girls talked both husbands into going. I sure hope it doesn't get cancelled!
Jeanne Marie, we should meet up. I'll be there as well!
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 07:18 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
Good for you! Fun! I would probably take a chance if I had a local friend to go with! I'm crossing my fingers that all goes well and it doesn't get cancelled for your sake.

Tags
cathe, cathe road trip, cathe roadtrip, cathe virtual roadtrip, coronavirus, covid-19