Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-21, 11:19 PM  
gladgirl

I am doing her Walk Strong 6 wk transformation, the first set.
I, too, needed to get back to being consistent with my workouts.
These are all 30 min workouts and they all vary in focus each day.
I must have really lost my muscle memory and fitness level...she is giving me DOMS right away. Don’t need to wait until the next day! I can see growing with this one, too. I am sticking to her rotation. I am impressed and enjoying the process. I believe I underestimated her workouts.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 12:12 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
I believe I underestimated her workouts.
Love WS1!

I underestimated her as well..I think many people do. She's the kind that before you know it, she's made you work hard and you end with a feeling of accomplishment.

I also believe there's a marked increase in difficulty/intensity from the first Walk Strong set and Walk strong 3. I haven't done all the workouts in WS3 but lots of bang for your buck with it.

Feel good fusion is very similar to Ellen Barrett workouts except longer.

I purchased her workouts and initially didn't click upon preview with her strength. They stayed shelved for quite awhile and I only dabbled in her stretchy fusion workouts. Somewhere along the way I clicked with her. I think my checkin buddies finally made me look at her with a fresh set of eyes.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 12:45 AM  
saffron

Jessica has become my go-to instructor because of how much she can accomplish in just 30-40mins.

Here's a site with detailed breakdowns and reviews: https://2lazy4gym.com/jessica-smith/
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 08:41 AM  
Rhonda

I love her walking workouts. For some reason I don't care for her strength workouts. Not sure why but her walking workouts I do enjoy.

I may have to give her strength workouts another try as my tastes in workouts seem to change over time.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 08:56 AM  
TinaT

Thanks for all the feedback ladies. I think I am drawn to her strength workouts more than pure walking because she does 4 limb movement in a lot of her routines. Which of course, I adore four limb/compound moves.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 09:15 AM  
owltx

I love Jessica! If you are looking for her more strength type workouts with compound moves, then you might consider some of her metabolic workouts. Boost Metabolism and Muscle is a really good one. Others have mentioned the 6 mile mix - this is a really great option, IMHO. Three of the "walks" are more toning workouts that use the resistance band. They are really good. And then another option might be WS1 or WS3. You will get, I think, more options for compound moves in WS3 but it is definitely more intense than WS1.
Old 01-07-21, 10:38 AM  
kat999

Jessica's 6-miler, which many have already recommended, is my favorite. I really burn a ton of calories and feel very worked out when I do the whole thing, and it's very easy to program it for a shorter session if you don't have the time/desire to do it all. I put it on mute, cue up a bunch of podcasts, and have a great time.
Old 01-07-21, 03:39 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I didn't mention any of the Walk Strong sets as being favorites...but they are! I wasn't sure what Tina was looking for in the way of workouts, so couldn't list everything in my collection.

I sure feel DOMS from Jessica's Walk On or Walk Strong rotations. And, they do get progressively harder with each set as far as the challenge goes. But, you make it what you want depending on weight lifted, etc. The variety is so good with each set, and they are all a bit different.

I also love her Walking programs because they are more than just walking...usually. Or, they have a specific focus. Some are better than others, so again I could list another ten favorites.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 04:06 PM  
upperwside

I love her boost metabolism and muscle, her WS 3, feel good fusion and some of her walks.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 10:42 PM  
SueT

I’ve had Jessica’s WS3 since it came out, and I just started the rotation 5 days ago and love it so far! I was having a lot of fun with my KCM weight workouts and my Jane Fonda vintage workouts, but I was unfocused and kept taking too many days off. I’m sure the holidays didn’t help, but now that it’s a new year, having a solid rotation to follow with 30 minute workouts feels great!

I always thought that WS3 would be a little too advanced for me, but I’ve finally learned to swallow my pride and follow Debbie when I need to and take out any impact that might be bad for my knees, and the workouts have been doable and enjoyable. I’m going to stick to this for a while since I’m feeling so good and they’re leaving me with plenty of energy to watch my 4-year-old grandson every day for several hours to give my daughter a break.

Hope this helps.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feel good fusion, jessica smith, jessica smith favorites, jessica smith get strong