Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-21, 02:56 PM  
TinaT

I need to give Jessica A REALLY good try.

I've gone back and forth with Jessica. I love her peronality and heart behind what she does. So why can't I stick with her?!

After this last fall, I know I need to use gentler methods to get back into a consistent workout regiment, and I really think Jessica could be the way.

What are your favorite workouts by her? I just ordered Feel Good Fusion. It looks very controlled yet thorough. Who uses this workout? What's your take on it?

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 03:05 PM  
Leonana

My favorites are the Get Strong and 4 Mile Power Walk dvds. Get Strong does move slower, and I can use heavier weights.
Old 01-06-21, 03:47 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I like Walk Strong 3. Tina if you want to give her a try before investing $, she has so much on YouTube. I believe she even has rotations using her YouTube workouts.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 04:01 PM  
TinaT

Thanks Sherry & Yogapam, I do like what I see with Get Strong.

I've tried her before and for whatever reason, haven't stuck with her. But everytime I watch a clip of her workouts, I want to try again. And yes, I have subscribed to her Youtube channel, so I guess I should go over and see what I like there.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 04:46 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Feel Good Fusion is a great workout. My one complaint is that the Fusion Strength workout is 47 minutes...which can feel a bit too long. At 35 minutes I start getting a bit antsy and I just wish she'd shaved ten minutes off here. Otherwise, it's wonderful! If you like Ellen Barrett, this is a little similar but has a beautiful setting, along with Jessica's encouraging instruction.

I also tend to favor any of Jessica's fusion and barefoot workouts. This year I'm doing many more of the yoga, stretch, pilates/dance fusion ones. In past years I would stick to her Walk Strong systems, which again are all great and have a nice mix of cardio, strength, balance, stretch.

To be honest, I didn't like Jessica when she was first on the scene during her younger years. Many of her workouts were too challenging for me...the circuit and HIIT style, along with the much quicker pace. But, with age Jessica has mellowed and she just gets better, IMO.

I'll be back to post my favorites (and the ones I think you should skip!) I have them all.....

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 04:51 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Tina,

I know you're a big FIRMie. See, I can't seem to stick to those.

April Focus:
Old 01-06-21, 05:21 PM  
Tugger31

My favorites are

--Feel Good Fusion
--Get Strong
--all the workouts on her Walk On: 21 Day Weight Loss Plan

For something a bit more intense I like her 10 Pounds Down Cardio Abs workouts
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 07:02 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I've only done her Walk On workouts except for "Have a Ball" from Walk Strong 2.0 Burn Fat & Have Fun. Also, I haven't tried any of her workout segments that use weights and I tend not to like fusion workouts in general.

My favorites from the Walk Ons (keeping in mind I mainly do the walking or interval segments and not weights or toning):

The 2-disc 21 Day set!!!!! Four 30-minute workouts. 1st two workouts I do A LOT (one is steady state and one is HIIT). 4th workout is a 15-minute arm burner walk+15-minute stretch. I don't do the 3rd workout because it uses weights and I haven't been in the mood for weights.
15 minute Fast Fat Blasts
4 Mile Power Walk
Walk Off Belly Fat 5 Days a Week (keep in mind this is the boring indoor set with a lackluster background and no real windows, but I really like the 2 mile Belly Fast Blast Interval walk and, when I can tolerate something longer, the 3 mile Flat Abs Power walk)
30 Day Set: I use the 30 min HIIT walk on Disc 1, 30 min Power Pyramid on Disc 2, and 30 min Fat Blaster & 40 min Mega Burn on Disc 3.
5 Mix & Match Miles (boring indoor set and I like Energy Boost, Pumped Up Pace, and Jog & Jive)
6 Mile Mix (Steady Burn, Cardio Interval Abs, and Speed Walk)
10 minute Quick Walk Mix (I use the Happy HIIT Walk & Dance Walk)

I do not seem to reach for the 3-DVD Superset even though I've tried a few walks on there. I've never gone back to them but maybe someday I will so I'm keeping this set for now.

If I could only keep a few, it would be the 21-day 2-disc set, 15 min Fast Fat Blasts, 4 Mile Power Walk, and Walk Off the Belly Fat 5 Days a week (because I like the 2 mile Interval walk on there).
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 10:30 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Okay, it's really difficult for me to choose favorites, when it comes to Jessica. So I'll begin with least favorites, first.

Least favorites

Women's Health Train for your Body Type (2006) 82 min. Ugly set. Meh.
10 Minute Solution Tummy Trimmers (2008) 5 segments. Fast paced.
10 Minute Solutions Knockout Body (2010) 5 segments. Speed again. Much prefer Keli Roberts 10MS Kickboxing.
10 Minute Solution Special K (2010) 4 segments (kickboxing and lower body)
10 Minute Solutions Ultimate Bootcamp (2010) 5 segments. BOOTCAMP..uh, no thank you!
10 Pounds Down Cardio Abs (2011) 3 segments (kickboxing, total body, abs)
10 Pounds Down Better Body Blast (2012) 3 toning segments (arms, legs, abs)

Like a lot so yeah, they are favorites!
Barre Fitness (2014) 3 segments. Water/harbor view.
Walk On Dance Walk, Strength & Balance, Tone Your Trouble Zones (2014)
Yoga Stretch for Beginners and Beyond (2014) Good PM stretch "relaxing flow."
Gentle Yoga for Balance, Flexibility & Mobility (2016) Most used. Love the body part stretches with four different focused areas.
Walk On 6 Mile Mix (2016) Love the variety here!
Walk On 10 Minute Quick Walks (2016) Six segments. Love added Bonus Chair stretch!
Walk Strong 2 Burn Fat & Have Fun (2016) Love the Have a Ball segment!
Gentle Yoga Stretch (2018) Flexibility and Relaxation...a favorite!
Feel Good Fusion (2018) Wonderful, but needed to have been shorter segments for at least the Fusion Strength. Flow Cardio is good, too!
Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates (2020) Wonderful, creative blend of yoga and pilates. Very, very good!

I'm sure there's a few I'm missing.

April Focus:
Old 01-06-21, 10:39 PM  
bfit

I like the Feel Good Fusion workout, but I don't do the 45 minute workout on it very often. I prefer Jessica's 30 minute workouts although I do like most of the 10-15 minute ones too. What I like about Jessica's workouts is that they are all very well "organized". There seems to be a reason why you are doing particular moves, and she explains the reasons and proper form. I also like that she emphasizes the core and good posture. Her standing abs work is the best.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feel good fusion, jessica smith, jessica smith favorites, jessica smith get strong