Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-05-20, 10:29 AM  
Exercise Diva

I had a Cellerciser rebounder and hated the noise and how hard it felt on my body. I sold it and bought a Bellicon and LOVE it.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 11:30 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
I had a Cellerciser rebounder and hated the noise and how hard it felt on my body. I sold it and bought a Bellicon and LOVE it.
I had several springs and now have several bungees (different brands, shapes, and sizes).
Vaseline did quiet the spring noise but they were always jarring compared to bungees.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 05:39 PM  
starbelly

I must concur with the anti-spring crowd. I have a Cellerciser and a Needak (import fees were outrageous!), but I have used neither since getting a Bellicon. A bungee rebounder feels better on the joints and the noise of the spring rebounders drove me (and my neighbors, to be sure) crazy. DH and I both work from home at the moment and I can use the Bellicon on my lunch break without disturbing him-- that would never be possible with a spring rebounder.

The Cellerciser was my first rebounder and I purchased it primarily because it was the brand mentioned most for health benefits. Of the two spring rebounders, I preferred the Needak. I have not used either one in years so I cannot recall why I preferred one over the other. Had I known about Bellicon when I started rebounding, I would have bought one at the start and saved the money.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 07:19 PM  
Genevieve M

Hi Starbelly,

That's good to know hat the Bellicon is still the champ in your world.

I am curious about this Health Bounce thing - do you think it's true that you get a better one in a spring rebounder vs. a bungee? Or is it just Cellerciser marketing?

Here's a video that pushes this theory:

https://youtu.be/LQgh6s87pxk
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 07:58 PM  
Genevieve M

Boy, the more I research rebounders, the more confused I get. There is a vendor who has a series of websites:

healthytrampolines.com
discountrebounders.com
http://lymphaticrebounding.com/

They also sell whole body vibration machines, but that's a topic for another post.

These sites make a big distinction between lymphatic drainage, health bounce and regular exercise. They push the springs vs. the bungees. They have video comparisons of different rebounders.

- One site says that the Cellerciser is the best for the health bounce (and the lymphatic drainage, too?)
- another says that the XenPod Lymphasizer is the best
- another says that the Health Circulator is the best

Really? Can these be really that different from each other? I am wondering if this is modern-any snake oil sales technigues - buy this (and only this) rebounder and you will be slim and healthy...okayyyyyy

Thoughts, anyone?
Old 11-07-20, 06:25 PM  
horsemom2

The larger a bungee is, the more I like it.
If I were buying another bungee today, I would get the large Leaps and Rebounds which often has 10 to 20% off and free shipping.

Barb S
Old 11-08-20, 05:07 AM  
starbelly

The lymphatic system lacks a mechanism to circulate fluid and we need to move our bodies to get that fluid moving. Walking has been shown to do this (this blog post explains it well). The impact of feet on the ground and the swinging of the arms is enough to keep the fluid moving, but most of us to do not walk enough to promote adequate circulation.

Most of the information on lymphatic flush and rebounding comes from blogs and may not be entirely reliable. I, personally, notice a change in the texture of my skin when rebounding (or using a vibration plate) which leads me to believe that there is some type of detox/flush happening. As any kind of rebounding would move more lymphatic fluid than sitting, it may not be important to have "the best" rebounder. What is important is to find the best rebounder for you, the one that you will use regularly. For me (and others on this board), bungee rebounders are more comfortable. As they are nearly silent, they can be used even by those who live in apartments and are thus more likely to be used. There is too much information out there and you need to decide which factors are the most compelling for you and not worry about the "perfect" choice.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 03:35 PM  
Genevieve M

Starbelly,

You mentioned in your previous that you have used a vibration plate. Some questions:

- What has your experience been with the vibration plate - good, bad, indifferent?

- what brand machine did you use?
- do you own one?
- how would you compare the experience to rebounding?

Very interested in what you have to say. Thanks.
Old 11-13-20, 07:13 AM  
SFR
VF Supporter

About rebounder noise

I'm considering getting a rebounder but my floors are very squeaky. If I get a bungee rebounder, will it accentuate the squeak from my floors, or will it be the same amount of squeak I get from jumping directly on the floor?

I could deal with the same amount of squeak but not probably not much more.
SFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 08:14 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFR View Post
I'm considering getting a rebounder but my floors are very squeaky. If I get a bungee rebounder, will it accentuate the squeak from my floors, or will it be the same amount of squeak I get from jumping directly on the floor?

I could deal with the same amount of squeak but not probably not much more.
it will probably be about the same amount of squeak.
Some times just moving the rebounder an inch or two may eliminate much of the squeak.
It just depends which floorboards are getting pressure from the legs.

Barb S

Tags
bellicon, cellerciser, lymph, lymphatic system, needak, rebounder, rebounders