Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-28-19, 02:15 PM  
dls

Jessica smith dvds

I don’t own any Jessica Smith dvds but have been looking on YouTube. I need to work out at home for a while. Taking care of a very sick person. I have read all threads and posts on here and Amazon but still confused.

I’m looking for a advanced long walking dvd and a strength dvd.

What are your favorites. I like the looks of the six mile walk.

Please help😊 Thank you. Deb
dls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-19, 03:41 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dls View Post
I don’t own any Jessica Smith dvds but have been looking on YouTube. I need to work out at home for a while. Taking care of a very sick person. I have read all threads and posts on here and Amazon but still confused.

I’m looking for a advanced long walking dvd and a strength dvd.

What are your favorites. I like the looks of the six mile walk.

Please help😊 Thank you. Deb
Hi Deb -

What do you consider advanced? Length? Intensity? Both? Just asking because Jessica has many intermediate and high intermediate workouts, but not that many that would generally be considered advanced. It will help if we have a more detailed description of what you’re looking for.

Some information: Her most advanced DVD set is Walk Strong 3, but the workouts clock in at 30 mins, although you can certainly combine them. She just released a 4 mile power walk dvd that is about 60-70 mins, but also allows you to break it up by miles for days when you can’t do as much. Her new Strictly Strength dvd has strength wokoruts that are about 45 mins.

I hope all goes well with the person you’re caring for.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-19, 05:06 PM  
dls

Thank you so much for taking the time. I guess the intensity is what I’m looking for. I’ve not been taking care of myself by not working out at all. My friend lives with me. He has stage 3 chronic kidney disease and is a type 2 diabetic. I am eating healthy but the only movement I am doing is cooking, doctor appointments paying his bills. I am eating to much need to lose 10 pounds and start taking care of myself. I was thinking of the 21 day weight loss plan or a few longer walks too. I love Jessica and there is no high impact. Jessica seems to always have a smile and encouraging words.

Do you have any favorites?

God bless you. Deb
Old 01-28-19, 05:15 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Deb, If I were you, I would do short manageable workouts throughout the day. Maybe load up 3-5 ten or fifteen minute workouts. The shorter workouts won't wear you out and throughout the day it will add up to a long workout.

Leslie Sansone has the Miracle Miles set, the Just Walk Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan, etc
Jessica Smith Has Walk On 15 Minute Fast Fat Blast, Walk On 5 Fat Burning Miles, etc
Jessica Smith on youtube:
1 Mile Lower Body Circuit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAzP...ndex=9&list=WL
1 Mile Upper Body Circuit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP59...ndex=8&list=WL
1 Mile Abs Walk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpFq...ndex=6&list=WL
Belly Buns and Thighs Walk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivEQ...ndex=7&list=WL

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-19, 06:21 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I love Jessica, have most of her workouts. I agree with Diana about stringing shorter workouts together or doing them separately through the day as time permits.

I like her Walk Strong 3 set a lot and her 21 Day Weight Loss. For walking, I find her 6 Mile Mix more intense. I also love her Total Body Balance and Build Balance & Inner Strength.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-19, 07:27 PM  
Tugger31

I really like her new Get Strong dvd and her new 4 mile Power Walk. I have her Walk Strong 3 set which is good b/c it comes with a rotation calendar. Some of the workouts in the set I think are a bit too easy, some just right and one is pretty intense (Metabolic Conditioning). I don't believe you can buy these individually though. I also like her 10 Pounds Down Better Body Blast dvd, her 10 Pounds Down Cardio Abs dvd and her 21 Day Weight Loss Plan dvd.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-19, 07:35 PM  
dls

Thank you. Diana and Pam I like the idea of the shorter workouts. There are times in the morning I wake up early and have time for a longer workout.

I watched the clips of the 6 mile walk and 21 day for weight loss.

Pamis the walk strong three her newest dvds?

I will check out Amazon and deep discount dvds for the older dvds.

Thank you all for your opinions. You are the best.

Deb

Last edited by dls; 01-28-19 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Misspelled word
Old 01-28-19, 07:41 PM  
kat999

I have the 6-mile DVD. I'm currently training to walk/jog/run a 5K in the late summer or early fall, and with the weather bad now and me without a treadmill, I use Leslie Sansone and Jessica Smith's longer DVDs for training by running during the walking segments. Jessica's 6-mile DVD is great for a long training session, but it also is broken up by goal/focus area, so it's not just 6 miles of walking or anything. She uses stretchy bands (I don't usually use bands, though, because I do strength training with weights on other days of the week), and some of the segments have abs or leg floor work. There's also an unusually long warm-up, cool-down, and stretch segments, all of which are separate from the actual 6 miles of the main workout. Each mile is 15 minutes or less. When you do the entire DVD, it does take a good chunk of the day, but once you've watched it with sound even one time, I find you can mute it easily and listen to something else. Honestly, I love it, and it's one of the longest walking cardio workouts available.
Old 01-28-19, 08:42 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dls View Post
Thank you. Diana and Pam I like the idea of the shorter workouts. There are times in the morning I wake up early and have time for a longer workout.

I watched the clips of the 6 mile walk and 21 day for weight loss.

Pamis the walk strong three her newest dvds?

I will check out Amazon and deep discount dvds for the older dvds.

Thank you all for your opinions. You are the best.

Deb
Hi Deb!

Walk Strong 3 came out in late 2017. Here is a link to see all of her of her workouts, pretty sure they all have clips you can watch, usually near the bottom of the listing page.
https://www.amazon.com/s?marketplace...&redirect=true

Best wishes, kudos to you for being a caregiver & hope your friend’s health improves.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-19, 10:49 PM  
Lori_Michigan

In case you buy from Amazon, here are some codes for discounts that I received from Jessica's customer service and her newsletter:

We do currently have a discount code available for our Walk Strong 6 Week System. Please feel free to use the code LNKHH527 to save 25% off of your purchase.

Also I received this in December (so I'm not sure if still valid but worth trying): The two other discount codes we currently have available are "WALKSTG3" which saves 10% off of our "Walk Strong 3" set, and "6CE3O6U7" which saves 25% off of our "Walk On: Walk the Weight Off 30 Day Plan" (both are available on DVD exclusively on Amazon.com). You can find them and all of our other currently available programs in our Amazon store here: www.amazon.com/shops/jessicasmith

Also, she has a free download of one of her Walk On 15 Minute Fast Fat Walks on her digital download page if you want to see if you like it (scroll down until you see "FREE"): https://jessicasmith.fitness/shop

I'm stuck in snowy and freezing weather and just seeing the sunshine and palm trees and Jessica's demeanor have really helped get through this winter. The 21 Day Plan is my absolute favorite!

Caregiving is so utterly stressful, my thoughts are with you and your friend. I hope you're able to enjoy some sunshine and a break in your day at least through your TV!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith favorites, jessica smith get strong, jessica smith walking, walk strong 3