Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-22, 11:07 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hi All!

manleym - Thanks for the movie rec. I have Prime.

bee
- How is your elbow today? Those elbow bangs are murder. Especially if you hit the funny bone.

Chele - Poor Winston! I've heard good things about the ThunderShirts for dogs. I've had folks suggest them for my nervous cats. I can't get them to wear collars, let alone a vest!

And, Graduation Day!!!!

horusosirus - I'm glad your hand is doing better. I forget, how long ago was it injured?

On Wednesday, I did an Olivia Lawson walking workout. I like simple moves, but I got bored. Not enough to Joni-O it though.

Nothing, yesterday.

I joined AllTrails (Pro) so that I can download trail maps to my Apple Watch. I haven't tried that yet...

I've also ordered some new Leki trekking poles. I can't do BIG hikes anymore, but I can still do easy and/or short moderate ones.

Waves!!!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 03:11 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Friday and more importantly, happy graduation day! Yes, it is such a bummer about how covid has changed everything.... and continues to! I hope it's a wonderful celebration even without your sister right there, Chele.

horusosiris, what did you find out in post-op appointment? That numbness must be awful -- I'm glad it's getting better.

cataddict, that is funny about the staggered deadlifts. I think I just have a tendency to have really bad form with my hips being uneven, so a lot of one legged moves are not great for me. They probably would actually be really good for me, if only I could be better about getting the form right.

Vintage, my elbow is better -- thanks. It'll be fun for you to play with AllTrails. I paid for the Pro version and then fairly promptly stopped hiking -- I forget why -- maybe that's when I was in a lot of pain? I should try to get back to it.

Chele, I continue to be more impressed with Peloton the more I hear about it from you. Seems pretty cool!

Today was a rest day from Fuel so I walked in the tree farm with my friend.

Well, I appear to have the job I went and interviewed for. Well, not exactly that job -- it seems even better. I feel like I need to pinch myself I'm so excited about it. I'm not sure how much time they will need me -- we haven't worked out any of that yet, but I talked to someone about what they need immediate help with.

My boys and I are going to a friend's house for dinner tonight. I'm so paranoid about covid this week -- I really hope this doesn't end up being a bad idea!

Waves to all!
Old 06-04-22, 02:46 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Talking to myself again.

This morning I did Fuel #4 -- that was meant to be the Friday workout, which apparently will be total body workouts and "usually" (I think is how she put it) in PHA style. Holy moly I found this workout tough! My heart rate was so high the whole time -- that's why. I actually paused and rested a bit at one point. I did try to go pretty heavy (for me) with the weights.

The gathering with friends last night was so much fun -- I had forgotten how much I missed evenings like that. Seven 20-something's or younger and four adults. We were outside the whole evening -- hopefully that helped in case of any germs. I'm going to be really happy if we get through this week without hearing that anyone is sick.

Have a great weekend!!
Old 06-04-22, 07:11 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

LOL bee about talking to yourself! I've done that on this thread a time or two! Now you aren't alone in posting.

Yesterday I did Fuel #4. I liked it! I went pretty heavy---heavier than I have been using, and it was challenging for sure! Unlike bee, my heart rate didn't get all that high but higher than usual. I skipped the mixer at the end, and instead did some bicep work with some push ups and modified jumping jacks at my own slower pace. That may be why my heart rate didn't get all that high! I also did Imax 3, or my version of it which I will call Imin. I didn't use a step, and didn't jump. Still, I enjoyed it. I actually got a chance to watch the crew more than I did when I was just trying to complete the intervals without dropping.

Chele, I was going to ask about the graduation when the notification came with pictures! You (and DH, of course) must be so proud!

Waving to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 08:59 PM  
ChelePA

I was exhausted this morning after a late night of celebrating

Peloton workouts included 10 minutes core. 10 minutes light weights and arms. 20 minutes medium/heavy weights upper body. Finished with a 20 minute cycling class with one of my favorite British instructors celebrating the queen’s jubilee.

My sister is finally feeling better but unfortunately another family member now has Covid. Ugh!

Bee.. I often talk to myself in these threads. Love that you had a wonderful dinner out with friends. So needed these days. But like you, I become concerned because the numbers are up again.

Cataddict… good for you for going heavier. I still often do bodyweight only. Upper body has always been a weaker area for me. And especially now with my shoulder injury. I really struggle with push-ups these days. Often doing them off my bench or dropping to my knees.

VVfer… hoping the trails app works out. Sounds cool!

Horusosiris… keep us posted on your doctor’s appointment. Glad there is some improvement.

Manleym… hoping your vacation is going well.

Mickey12… i’m always amazed with the number of new workouts you try. Love to read the reviews. This weekend weather is absolutely perfect. Any plans? We have my niece’s baby shower tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Kittybug, Nathalie, Linda and Kate..thinking of you. Check in when you have time

Goodnight all
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 11:17 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hi all!

bee - I feel like I've been posting too much. Sometimes I answer myself!

Chele - Fingers crossed for no Covid cases!

Friday, I did Susan Powter's Building Strength.

Saturday I did a (new PR) walk of 7 miles for Pat's National Trails Day Challenge.

I was going to use the AllTrails map on my watch, but it is way too small. So, I used another app I have called WorkOutdoors. I downloaded the trail's GPX map from AllTrails, emailed it to my phone and put it into WorkOutdoors on my watch. I think I missed a step or two, but the map showed up and I could read it. You can also make your own custom GPX maps at CalTopo.

The nice thing about WorkOutdoors is that you can leave the phone home if you want to and still have the map to follow your progress. You can set it to let you know if you have gone off track.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 12:54 PM  
Mickey12

Hey Watulans!

Yes, Chele, the weather has been utterly perfect this weekend. Yesterday we tackled renting a trailer and bringing home a motorcycle that my husband bought from our brother-in-law. It’s a 1981 Harley Davidson and needs lots of TLC. He has another Harley that he takes to work sometimes when it’s not raining but this one isn’t drivable at the moment. They got it loaded on the trailer and we had pizza and visited a while. Luckily the new motorcycle fit in the garage with everything else. We weren’t sure it would.

Today we tackled yard max. We had to have part of our septic tank dug up and repaired. So today we were digging out rocks and raking and hauling wheelbarrow loads of rocks and raking some more and then planting grass. So that’s all done and now we’re sitting on the deck soaking up the sun and watching the birds at the feeders. It’s extremely glorious!

Friday I took a walk at lunch and saw my killdeer friend and there was another adult and two babies! This morning the mama deer and her fawn were in the back yard. The fawn was running in circles, just enjoying life!

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 06-05-22, 07:59 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all!

We are also experiencing a "cool" spell and it's been wonderful--low humidity and temps in low 80s. DH finally planted our beans---we are doing bush beans this year. The weather has been so crazy---either storms with torrential rain or hot as you know where. So we are looking forward to some beans later in the summer!

Today was Fuel #5 Cardio w/dumbbells. It wasn't totally cardio for me but my heart rate did get into the cardio zone for a good portion of it, at least according to my Versa 3. I really did enjoy this one, despite the darn Arnold presses that seem to appear in every workout she does! Caroline went "light" although 22 pounds isn't "light" for me. The only thing I would say is, Please, please, Less Shoulder Work. Clearly she loves to work the shoulders, but at least one of the exercises could have been replaced by either a bicep or triceps move IMHO. Funny but I unintentionally wore the same colors that are her theme for this series---dark blue and pink.

Chele, you certainly had a busy weekend! So glad everything seemed to go so well and the weather was nice as the icing on the cake. You deserve some good family time.

TweenerW, I'm glad to see you posting more! Keep it up!

Kim, good that you saw the fawn and your killdeer friend and some babies! I love seeing the families!

Waves to all! Post when you can!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 09:46 PM  
ChelePA

I was able to squeeze in a peloton outdoor walk today. Absolutely loved the music! It was all 80s. Probably my favorite playlist to date. And I’ve taken a lot of classes! I also did a mindful yoga 10 minute class. He really made you aware of body position with each move. Never realized I’ve been doing cobra wrong all these years. So much harder when done right. Ha ha.

My nature story for the group happened this morning. I was going out to the garage for something and I saw an animal dash past me as I opened the door. Was half asleep so I wasn’t 100% sure what it was. Went and woke my husband up because I’m not a big fan of mice. He looked around and said do you know what it was. After I thought some about it, I realized that it definitely was something with fur. When I got back from the shower, I put Winston on a leash and had him sniff around the garage. He found some poop in the corner. I said to my husband I think it’s in here somewhere. Winston kept sniffing in the same area near our lawn equipment. Put him back in the house, moved the mower and out jumped a little baby rabbit. Gave me a heart attack and I screamed. That got everyone’s attention. Ha ha. The poor thing was so scared. It hopped away and hid again. Took some maneuvering but we finally got it out of the garage.

Sweet dreams.
Old 06-06-22, 10:34 AM  
ChelePA

My turn to talk to myself.

Peloton workouts included 10 minutes core. 10 minutes floor barre. 10 minutes legs and glutes with medium weights. 30 minute recovery ride.

Happy Monday!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in