Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-01-22, 08:32 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all!

Hopefully I won't get the dreaded 500 error tonight!

Today I started Fuel #3, Glutes & Hamstrings. I made it through the first exercise and had to Joni O it. I don't think doing 4 kinds of deadlifts and 3 variations of hip dips/glute bridges are good for my spine so I stopped it. So I've only liked the first workout at this point, but I will see what tomorrow's entry might be. I do want to give the series a fair chance. I ended up going back to Iron & did #9, Total Body Cardio with Dumbbells. I wouldn't exactly call it cardio, more like metabolic but still I liked it much better than 2 out of 3 of the Fuel workouts I've done so far. Yes, I'm now out of order with Iron but I didn't think I wanted to work more shoulders, legs or glutes/hamstrings since this week's Fuel workouts already covered those areas. I followed the Iron workout with another Kat stepless step.

manleym, have a safe and lovely vacation! I like your Live Lineup and I would also include Ingrid since she does modifications that I sometimes will watch. Oh, and Nicole and the two Lisas. Hah! That's a long list! And since we have to have a counter, Nancy would have to be there. Oh, and yes, Ann is the woman who wears headbands frequently. Funny you mention that your least favorite Caroline workouts are upper body. I hadn't thought about it but I think I'm in your camp. Too bad, since I love working my upper body, but for some reason her upper body work seems incomplete or lopsided or I don't know what?

ChelePA, I don't know that you would love the 90s if you faced it day after day for months. Just sayin' Is Winston afraid of thunderstorms? I've heard that the Thunder shirt can help relieve anxiety in pets whether from storms or other reasons. My vet friend put one on her rescue cat and it seemed to help. I was thinking about you today when I was doing the Kat workout. I wonder if your strength will come back first and then your agility? Kat's workouts may not be too complicated but they can require some quick twists and turns and that might be an issue for awhile?

TweenerW, you have been doing some great classic Cathe weight training---both Push/Pull and Pyramid Upper Body. Your reason for not doing Lift With Cee is my reason also--I'm not fond of splits.

Nathalie, great to hear from you! Good you are keeping up with your workouts even if you don't have time to post!

Mickey12, glad to read that you seem to be enjoying most of your new Jessica workouts!

horusosiris, would love to hear your thoughts on Fuel so far!

Waves to FN1, bee, Kate and MamaW!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 08:35 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Oh, manleym, I hadn't heard of Louis Wain and looked at some of his artwork. Very cool! We don't have Prime but I will look for the movie.

bee, I forgot to mention that I haven't experienced any increase in appetite when I've done Caroline workouts. I don't normally get hungrier with weight training unless there are some other factors like stress that are involved.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 06-01-22, 08:48 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh Chele, I'm sorry about your sister's positive result. I missed that post until today. I hope she recovers quickly. Poor little Winston! How's he feeling? cataddict, I've never heard of a thunder shirt, though we never really have thunder, so I guess that makes sense. I'm going to check it out just for curiosity's sake.

Nathalie, nice to see you. Glad you have your power back! That Fuel #2 actually flew by -- those 20 second sets just are practically done before you know it, so it's maybe not quite as bad you think.

manleym, I hope you have a wonderful trip! Love the description of what you'll do in Georgia! I'm sure he's adorable at this age!! Oh and thanks for the recommendation for the Louis Wain program -- that was not on my radar and actually I'm not sure I know who he is but maybe I know his work. I'll check it out.

cataddict, I didn't even get as far as Joni O-ing the Fuel workout this morning -- didn't even start it. After I woke up and started my day, I realized I had more going on today than I thought so I went straight to the shower. It did end up being a pretty crazy full day. I will try the workout tomorrow and hope that it doesn't do me in -- that might be too much for my back, too. Now I'm going to be off on the schedule, but oh well. Couldn't be helped.

Yesterday I brought my elbow down really hard onto something. Before I knew it, a bad word was screaming out of my mouth and my family wondered what the heck was going on. It has been so sore since and I never knew how much I put my elbow on things, but I sure know now!!

Vintage, thank you for reminding me what a killdeer is -- I don't think we have them around here. I used to know what they were but had forgotten.

I have a giant mess in my kitchen that I had better get on. Waves to all!
Old 06-01-22, 09:59 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict… my daughter and I were talking about the thundershirt for Winston. I wrapped him tightly in a blanket and Grace asked should I go get my weighted one from my bedroom She was so stressed out that he was so nervous and shaking crazy. The storms came back through again in the evening for many hours. He’ll be exhausted tonight. That’s the worst he’s ever been. Hates fireworks too but not usually this bad.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 11:33 AM  
Mickey12

Poor little Winston. I am thankful my cats are not bothered by thunder. It's so hard to see them so scared. If wrapping him tightly helped I think you definitely try the thunder shirt.
Old 06-02-22, 01:10 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Poor little Winston. I am thankful my cats are not bothered by thunder. It's so hard to see them so scared. If wrapping him tightly helped I think you definitely try the thunder shirt.
We may give it a try. Rough day yesterday.

Peloton workouts included a Lizzo music only cycling class. This was when they were in studio. Lots of fun! Followed with 10 minutes standing yoga. 10 minutes foam rolling of quads and calves. Finished with 10 minutes of restorative yoga. Only one pose. I almost fell asleep. Ha ha.

Happy Thursday!
Old 06-02-22, 02:30 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All

I did day 3 of Fuel today. I also added in the sample BBOD Fire and Flow workout. I liked it.
Yesterday I did CIA 7005 (BOSTON MARATHON) with Fran Benedetto. I have not done this workout in maybe ten years?

Cataddict- So far, I like Fuel. After the day one leg workout I had DOMS for two days. Days two- upper circuit and day three- glutes and hamstrings were both very doable.

Bee -Let us know how you like day 2 of Fuel.

I will catch up with the other post later today.

I am looking forward to Friday. I have a post op appointment with the hand surgeon and my hand is slowly beginning to have have feeling!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 05:48 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey all! Friday Junior.....

I did Fuel 3 today -- I actually liked this one, though I modified slightly. She likes those one legged staggered RDLs and I just cannot do them -- my hips want to get out of balance too much. I did the first set that way -- lighter weight and didn't go as low, but for the second set on each side I did regular RDLs. Wow, I could feel my legs shaking and I looked to see how far into the workout I was.... only 35% But overall I thought this one went by pretty quickly.
Old 06-02-22, 09:20 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all!

Today I went back to the Iron series and did #8 Hamstrings & Glutes. For some reason, it appealed to me more than the Fuel H&G did. Of course, I didn't do enough of the Fuel version to really know. I also had seen a couple of the exercises she does in Fuel and I was better at coming up with a doable modification for me in Iron. I think I will pick up Fuel again tomorrow to try the Supersets workout and go from there. This is the first of the Caroline series that I've done as it was being released so I didn't know that her two "off" days were Thursday and Saturday, so I was looking for a new workout this morning and was wondering where it was! I followed the Iron workout with the cardio portions of the X10 workouts---step (stepless), Cardio Blast, Lo Impact, and Hi/Lo. I am liking pairing the 30-40 minute Caroline workout with a 30-40 minute cardio workout.

bee, happy Friday Junior to you too! Funny that you can't do staggered RDLs as that is my modification for "regular" RDLs.

horusosiris, was Boston Marathon the one with Gary Magno and Franny? I'm thinking that one was earlier. Anyway I always liked Franny---seemed so natural in her instruction and her workouts were fun and creative! Keeping my fingers crossed that your doctor appointment goes well and there is good news about your hand!

Chele, I hope your sister is feeling better! And Winston too, poor little guy.

Mickey12, I forgot to mention that yes, the Muscovy ducklings are very cute---yellow when very young, then brown, then they turn into the "looks challenged" adults.

Waves to all!

Old 06-03-22, 09:15 AM  
ChelePA

Today’s the big day. My daughter officially graduates this evening. My sister feels terrible she can’t attend. Thanks for asking about her. Symptoms more cold like right now. I really hate how Covid has changed so many things these past few years.

Peloton has introduced a new instructor that will teach adaptive classes for those with disabilities as well as traditional classes. He lost his arm in a boating accident when he was a teenager. He’s quite the inspiration.

Peloton workouts today included 10 minutes of core. 10 minutes floor barre. 20 minutes of legs and glutes, bodyweight only. 20 minute treadmill walk followed by full body stretch.

Happy Friday!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in