Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-01-18, 07:29 AM  
gwinter

Ballet Beautiful vs Sleek Technique

Hi everyone

I would like to know people’s thoughts and results who have used both methods. I’ve been doing Ballet Beautiful DVD’s for three months and have been enjoying them. I like the ballet fitness approach because I feel it’s a great workout which doesn’t leave me tired and taxed. Results have been slow, but that’s ok because I’m still doing the workouts and feeling great. I’ve had Sleek Technqiue box set for a few years and never gave the set an honest try. This week, I decided to do Ballet Bootcamp and Body Sculpt from the set and I love them! So, I’m thinking of incorporating or just using Sleek technique DVDs. I read the reviews on Amazon and a lot of people love Sleek Technique and have gotten better resilts using the DVDs than Ballet Beautiful. So, I’m curious to know if the Sleek Technique reviews are accurate. I agree the pace of Sleek Technique is much quicker than Ballet Beautiful, but that’s ok. I see it more of a challenge and honestly I didn’t have much of a problem following Victoria and Flik. My goal is to slim down in my legs and stomach area. I’m not overweight but I do need to tone my body and I do get bulky with weights and high intensity workouts.

TIA!
Glenda
gwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-18, 09:46 AM  
Julia

I’ve tried the Ballet Beautiful but could not stick with it because it just was not exciting enough for me. Like you I was a bit hesitant with sleek technique and unsure of the results I would get. i found the workouts fun and the boot camp was great, I would do all 3 boot camps together for cardio and take out the floor exercises at the end of each one to keep my heart rate elevated and only came out to 40 something minutes I believe...music was good and kept me motivated. The toning portion also fantastic. I found the barre to be ok. My main gripe with sleek technique was too much ab work so I would skip over it and do the standing and lying ab work on the toning dvd along with the rest of the toning workout in my toning days. My back and waist lost inches and my inner thighs slimmed way down. The effect was immediate and cumalitive. The more I did the workouts the faster/slimmer I became. The combo of dance and toning really shapes my body type fast. Unfortunately after several months my attention span started to wane and I moved on. I moved onto their utube core workout which continued the progress for me. Immediately following I went to heavy weights to build muscle and put on some weight I had a hard time taking off, also it left me drained and exhausted...like you I get exhaustion from heavy training. I prefer steady state to high impact cardio over 40 minutes to stay slim. I stick with it longer term.
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-18, 04:25 PM  
gwinter

Thanks for the reply Julia! Your experience with Sleek Texhniqud sounds promising! I’m thinking of doing the DVDs for the next couple months and throwing in Ballet Beautiful when I feel like it.
gwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-18, 08:24 PM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwinter View Post
Thanks for the reply Julia! Your experience with Sleek Texhniqud sounds promising! I’m thinking of doing the DVDs for the next couple months and throwing in Ballet Beautiful when I feel like it.
Yes, keep me updated as to how you like the set. I really enjoyed it a lot. They also have some great workouts on utube which I like to throw in from time to time
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet beautiful, sleek technique, sleek technique results