Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-27-20, 08:59 PM  
Diana3271

Looking for suggestions

I have a lot of DVD's so hopefully I will already have it. This is what I am looking for:

DVD
Full body strength
Cardio included is good but not a requirement. But it needs to be low impact.
Weight would be 5 pounds or less
I have neck and shoulder issues so not shoulder intensive
Prefer no floor work but if it's there prefer it to be at the end.

So, does this exist? TIA

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 09:37 PM  
Tugger31

I would think most any total body workout would fit the bill. You can use any amount of weight you choose even for a "heavy" lifting workout. You can also choose to do one set of the shoulder exercises or none at all if you choose!

That being said, I also have neck and shoulder issues and ironically find the "heavy" workouts to work better b/c since the exercisers are using heavier weights the reps are slower. In the lighter weight workouts the reps are usually faster paced and also there tends to be "interesting" moves. The faster reps bother my neck and shoulders. I appreciate the traditional exercises on the heavy workouts.

I do mostly Cathe workouts. Do you have her Power Hour/Maximum Intensity Strength dvd? Or her Total Body Giant Sets or her PHA workouts might also work.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 09:57 PM  
Diana3271

I don't have many Cathe workouts. My main issue with weights is that I only have access to up to 5 pounds. We retired this year. We were self employed and I used to workout in my office. Now I have a very small area to workout in and only have up to 5 pounds.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 12-27-20, 10:14 PM  
Tugger31

If you have access to a resistance band, Cathe's band dvds are both really good and in some ways I find bands more challenging than weights (and they take up less space too!)
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 10:19 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
If you have access to a resistance band, Cathe's band dvds are both really good and in some ways I find bands more challenging than weights (and they take up less space too!)
That's exactly what I have been using. But I always think I should change things up, LOL.

Someone recommended Classical Stretch/Essentrics. I would be interested in youtube for that since I don't have any of those DVD's. I would want to see what they are like. TIA

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 12-27-20, 11:05 PM  
fanofladyvols

Tugger is right about skipping any moves that isolate the shoulders specifically. You can use Cathes if you do that. You could also choose to stop early or eliminate reps or sets.

Do you have Tamilee's I want that body? Gilad sculpt and tone? I'm pretty sure the pace of KCM's Weights is slower.

I'll try to think of some more that have a slower pace.

Do you like bodyweight workouts?

Btw, band workouts are definitely challenging and you shouldn't feel like they're not enough.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 11:36 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
That's exactly what I have been using. But I always think I should change things up, LOL.

Someone recommended Classical Stretch/Essentrics. I would be interested in youtube for that since I don't have any of those DVD's. I would want to see what they are like. TIA
If you can stream, Essentrics TV has a free trial. You could try some of the workouts and see if you like them. Most of the CS & Essentrics dvds are on there.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 12:01 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Kathy Smith Project You Full Body Circuit
Gunnar Peterson Core Secrets Full Body Challenge
Kelly Coffey Meyer 30MTF Weights
KCM 30MTF Start Here
Tom Holland Supreme 90 Total Body (Tom suggests going heavy, but 5# DBs are fine)
Tom Holland Total Body II (no shoulder work, but the bent over flyes can be done over a stability ball to put less stress on your neck)

the above have shoulder work but it's minimal.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 08:06 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

What about Erin O'Brien's Strong Body, Ageless Body DVD? There is some shoulder work, but you could do a different exercise. And there is floor work at the end.

It's the kind of workout that I don't lift heavy dumbbells with - I think 5lbs is all I would use anyway.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 09:21 AM  
Diana3271

Thank you for the suggestions! I do have some of the ones suggested and I will check them out. I don't do body weight upper body stuff because it tends to aggravate things more.

PS: In my regular life I am very organized, take notes, etc. But with my workouts I don't. Reason being, I tend to get OCD with things and don't want to feel like that about my workouts. So that's why I ask for suggestions. I'm not sure if I worded that correctly. But I truly appreciate all suggestions.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana