Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
ETV offers a couple suggested playlists for athletes:

https://www.essentricstv.com/athletes-stretch

https://www.essentricstv.com/athletes
thanks Jackie!

I found a set of 10 Essentrics on youtube using the search terms:

Essentrics Athletes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhZT...8976EB6F16EA31

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 01:59 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

oddly, I find flexibility workout for athletes the most effective of the stretch oriented dvds. I wish CS/ESS would do another long stretch workout. I have, use, and like the newer shorter ones but for some reason the older one just works better for me!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 02:02 PM  
Izzy

I asked about the availability because someone either from here (VF) or Collage talked about how this workout really and I mean really helped her back issues more than anything else she had tried. My daughter, who runs marathons has been experiencing back issues and it would be good if I could find this workout.
Old 08-10-20, 02:18 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I asked about the availability because someone either from here (VF) or Collage talked about how this workout really and I mean really helped her back issues more than anything else she had tried. My daughter, who runs marathons has been experiencing back issues and it would be good if I could find this workout.
Isn’t Athlete's Intense Stretch also in the Vintage Collection? It may be OOP too, but more recently so might be easier to find?

ETA - I just looked at the one on my vintage collection dvd. It’s different from the voice over one. It’s Miranda by herself beside a pool.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 02:27 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Isn’t Athlete's Intense Stretch also in the Vintage Collection? It may be OOP too, but more recently so might be easier to find?
They do still have it in stock! It's on sale though, so I doubt it will be available for long. This is the older one of just Miranda.

https://store-us.essentrics.com/coll...on-dvd-box-set

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 03:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
They do still have it in stock! It's on sale though, so I doubt it will be available for long. This is the older one of just Miranda.

https://store-us.essentrics.com/coll...on-dvd-box-set
Jackie, do you know if the routines on Miranda’s solo & Sahra’s with the voice over similar? I no longer have the voice over one.

I’d be willing to trade my Vintage Collection as I don’t use it. I am not sure what I’d want to trade it for though as I don’t use dvds often.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 03:20 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Jackie, do you know if the routines on Miranda’s solo & Sahra’s with the voice over similar? I no longer have the voice over one.

I’d be willing to trade my Vintage Collection as I don’t use it. I am not sure what I’d want to trade it for though as I don’t use dvds often.
They are different. The older one is a toning workout for athletes and IIRC it is difficult. I have my other one loaned out...it was standing and floor for sure. I believe there was a splits section.

I didn't like either dvd.

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 08-10-20, 04:04 PM  
D72

D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 08:10 PM  
LizEMA

Quote:
It is out of print. And, honestly, very dated and not their best production. I'd agree with others that Miranda's voiceover is a distraction from the workout. And, as Pam so nicely stated, the method has evolved so much from when this workout was filmed (I think it was 2007). So much has changed. [...]
Quote:
I think the changes have been a slow evolution over the years to make the workouts more effective and to prevent injury. As an instructor there are a lot of common errors I see students make. More detailed cuing was, IMO, needed to prevent injuries from those errors when you can’t see your students
~more detailed cuing, especially from the newer instructors.
~slower pace with more attention to form
~more focus on fascia
~more focus on relaxing to deepen the stretch
~more variety offered in the workouts especially on ETV....still offering some faster paced toning based workouts along with gentler stretchy therapeutic workouts
~some innovative interesting choreography and lovely variations on the trademark sequences
~more modifications offered
~the introduction of the Age Reversing/Aging Backwards series, there’s even an Aging Backwards option in instructor training
Hope you don't mind me chiming in with a question.

So, which DVDs from CS and Essentrics would you recommend one avoid or suggest focusing on? Is it enough to just bypass their DVDs/seasons filmed in 2007 and earlier? Or were there some DVDs made after that that you would recommend steering clear? Maybe you'd suggest just doing DVDs produced even longer after 2007? Perhaps it's more complicated than that, and it just depends on the DVD?
(I hoping I'm asking this clearly. I feel like I've unnecessarily convoluted the question. )
Old 08-11-20, 07:05 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizEMA View Post
Hope you don't mind me chiming in with a question.

So, which DVDs from CS and Essentrics would you recommend one avoid or suggest focusing on? Is it enough to just bypass their DVDs/seasons filmed in 2007 and earlier? Or were there some DVDs made after that that you would recommend steering clear? Maybe you'd suggest just doing DVDs produced even longer after 2007? Perhaps it's more complicated than that, and it just depends on the DVD?
(I hoping I'm asking this clearly. I feel like I've unnecessarily convoluted the question. )
Miranda always says to start with the most recent seasons/workouts. They are the workouts that have the most up to date theories.

The streaming is such a good deal at $14.99/month and you get access to everything including exclusive workouts from the master trainers. I find that I rarely do dvds anymore. I love the offerings Essentrics has online.

Tags
classical stretch seasons, essentrics, flexibility, flexibility for athletes