Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-20, 07:04 PM  
Salamander

Just subscribed to EssentricsTV

I've been pondering this for months- finally signed up for the 14 day trial. Really like it! Willing to pay for a month or two. I've been doing CS from PBS, plus I have Season 9 and a couple of Sahra's DVDs (haven't used those in a long time). I'll be 50 in a couple weeks. Gained a few lbs during the quarantine (not eating healthy, although exercising consistently.) I also have high cortisol, so not interested in the long/intense stuff anymore.

Miranda says doing one 22 min episode of CS a day is 'enough'... For better health and mobilization, sure.

My goal is to get slimmer all over, and develop some definition in my arms and shape my butt.

I plan to keep walking 12,000 steps/day (walking outside and using Leslie Sansone/Jessica Smith walking) and do CS/Essentrics 5-6 days a week. Gradually work up to the longer routines on the channel. I'm also cutting processed foods and all that we are not to discuss... since losing bodyfat helps to show muscle.

Does this sound like a good plan that would get results in 2-3 months? Should I supplement with other quick arm/booty workouts (which I've been doing for a few weeks already). I enjoy exercising but lately been 'all over the place' seeing new workouts on You Tube by various instructors- I feel I need to narrow it down.
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 07:57 PM  
Izzy

I think so because if you like what you are doing you will stick with it. I do CD/Essentrics as well, walk, bike and yoga. Right now it’s what I enjoy so it’s keeping me consistent. It could be argued I should do this and that but I am happy with my exercise so I am sticking with it.

Someone said they did Sahra Total Body workout and walked and lost weight. Someone said they did Ellen Barrett and walked and lost weight. Both said they felt good and accomplished. That’s all that matters. So enjoy what you are doing and I think it will go well for you.
Old 07-28-20, 08:22 PM  
DCW

I do Essentrics 5-6 days a week. Before I start work I do what shows up on my PBS station or I do an episode of Season 13.

I add on sit-ups and push-ups at the end of the episode so I can get in 30 minutes. I also walk daily and make sure I walk up and down stairs.

Otherwise that's it. I use to take a boot camp at my local rec center but its been closed since early March.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 09:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I think it depends on your goals. I do Essentrics almost every day, but I need more toning and I like variety. I also need a little gentle yoga in my routine to maintain optimal flexibility. I like to do a little barre, Pilates, high rep/low weight aero-tone workouts, & kettlebells.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-20, 02:42 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I think it depends on your goals. I do Essentrics almost every day, but I need more toning and I like variety. I also need a little gentle yoga in my routine to maintain optimal flexibility. I like to do a little barre, Pilates, high rep/low weight aero-tone workouts, & kettlebells.
I'm really interested in toning--I have quite a few of the newest Essentrics DVDs. I was thinking doing several hour long ones per week plus maybe a 30 minute stretch one per week. How many times a week do you think would be good for overall toning?

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-20, 03:22 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
I'm really interested in toning--I have quite a few of the newest Essentrics DVDs. I was thinking doing several hour long ones per week plus maybe a 30 minute stretch one per week. How many times a week do you think would be good for overall toning?
I think if you did an hour 3 or 4 times a week that would be great, especially for lower body and AB toning. And one or two 30 min stretchy ones in between would be good for recovery. Personally I find Essentrics doesn’t give me much, if any, muscle definition in my arms. I like to add in some upper body resistance strength workouts, either low weight/high rep or kettlebells. But that’s just me, I love variety. Others may feel differently.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-20, 06:14 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Pam!

I found this where Sahra shares how to get the most from the movement: https://essentrics.com/toning-with-essentrics/

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
essentrics, essentrics tv