Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-19, 10:22 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I did PHA last night and whew. . . I am thinking that I am NOT intermediate, at least not in strength. It was really super tough. I started off using one increment of weight less than Cathe (if she used 15s, I used 12s, etc). By the end I was using bodyweight only for the last run through of anything one-legged like lunges. For upper body, it was a good metric to use one increment less than Cathe. For lower body, not so much.

I'm actually a little discouraged because I thought I was farther along than that.

but the WORKOUT ITSELF was great!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-19, 10:52 AM  
AnMrsDe

Metabolic Blast (Main workout + Calorie Crush + 6 Pack Abs #2 + Extended Stretch Basic Premix = 66 Min.)

LOVED!!!! I found this one so much fun but wishing the music wasn't so dang loud - I had to stop and change the audio setting b/c I couldn't hear Cathe very well and didn't love the music! But LOVED all the moves--so many fresh new ones building upon a sequence that included balance work that kept the HR up throughout. It was hard not to like this one; it seemed to just sail by and I couldn't believe the standing work was over already! I used 5's and 8's but would be hard to go heavier since it is very much shoulder focused w/ compound moves but I'm thrilled to have a fun total body workout without using such heavy weights with my shoulder/elbow issues. I also liked it better than ICE Met. TB.

The floor work - man, oh man, my shoulders were FRIED with 3's after that first exercise! Cathe also works the abs somewhat, chest flyes, presses, pullovers and supermans. (Very light on triceps in this workout which might be a downfall in my book).

I found the Calorie Crush super fun, doing all the j. jack variations on the rebounder. Loved the 3 alternating twists w/ tucks and the Mogul Burpees! The Extended Stretch #2 was yoga-like and a nice stretch (with too many sun sals for me), but after they were done it was nice but I still needed to add on spinal twists to stretch out the abs/hips.

6 Pack Abs #2 - sigh, I pretty much hated every exercise in this LOL. It is very hard on my elbows and thought #1 was so much easier on my joints with more likable exercises for me.

Thumbs up for these three segments minus the Abs #2! No surprise here as I don't usually click with Cathe's ab segments but seem to like her Live abs moreso...? Glad I did the premix that includes the CC, as I'm not sure the main workout would be enough on its' own but have to try that when short on time to be sure. 421 cal burn!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-19, 11:07 AM  
sbh

I did Body Weight and Bands this morning. I never do band workouts because I never liked them. I have never found one with good flow. This one is really great. I only had to pause the workout a couple of times because I didn't move fast enough to get the bands in the right place. I don't have any tubing so I just continued using the band. Excellent cuing! I feel thoroughly worked out. I can't wait until my ankle is healed so I can do the rest of the workouts.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-19, 11:50 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Stacked Upper Body. I am set in my ways. I don’t like circuits, so I only ran through each set of exercises once, rather than finishing them all and then repeating. Maybe that’s where I went wrong. The weights were much lighter and there weren’t many reps. I was left feeling “that’s it?” And I guess I just like straightforward exercises and not those that maybe are meant to be “new and unique” variations rather than “the same old exercises.”

I’m really looking forward to Body Weight and Bands on Saturday.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-19, 12:02 PM  
angie_nrs

Stacked Upper Body

I did Stacked Upper Body today - 35 minutes

Cathe does 3 sets of 7 exercises (repeated once). I liked the set up and most of the exercises. However, the first group of exercises uses 2 different push up variations, which I personally do NOT like. I suffered an injury doing a push up once which still haunts me, so I'm certain that is why I hate push ups....but Cathe seems to love them! I will just sub out different exercises for those if I don't feel like doing them.

The music was fine but it was a bit annoying that it didn't match the move count, especially when Cathe does moves on the bench (looking up) or facing the floor (bent over tricep extensions) when you can't really look at the TV. I noticed that she didn't count much in this w/o either, which for the most part I appreciate, but it actually would have been helpful in the above mentioned moves. This is when the music match with the count is appreciated, but it didn't happen. I guess it's just a small complaint with the workout as a whole. I really liked the new variations on the shoulder exercises.

I liked the slight variations in the warm up and cool down. The moves weren't new, just implemented differently. The back stretch in the cool down was heavenly! Maybe it was just b/c I had a tight back today before I even started the workout. Anyways, I was very grateful for the back stretch.

All in all I would rate this a 7/10. It's nice to have a UB workout that can be done in such a short amount of time without feeling like a waste of time.
Old 01-17-19, 12:08 PM  
ChelePA

Today was Rev’d Up Rumble. My legs were feeling it from yesterday— -Stacked Lower Legs. And I only went up slightly with the weights compared to Cathe.

Another awesome kickboxing workout! Really loved the combos and music. So easy to increase intensity with weighted gloves and adding Calorie Crush.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-19, 12:23 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
I did Bodyweight and Bands today and loved the entire workout. There really is nobody even close to Cathe for safe, unique moves, professionalism, just the right amount of challenge, and charm. The music was really good and I never notice music in a workout - to me it sounded sort of like Cirque du Soleil music in a few places and was always well matched to the moves. There was enough setup time for each exercise and her explanations of how to position the bands were excellent. I am so happy that Cathe is still making dvds and that this first workout was so interesting and fun - it makes me very excited to work my through the other workouts, the bonuses and the premixes
I totally agree!!!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-19, 12:52 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I totally agree!!!

Kim
Yes. Me too!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-19, 02:22 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
+1 to liking Cardio Party! I did just the main workout just to get a feel for these. It was a bit on the easy side, which was great for getting back into working out again after not really not doing much in the past few weeks. I really dug the music, and Cathe just seemed like she was having fun!
I tried Cardio Party yesterday followed by Calorie Crush and had fun with it, loved the bright colors. Is it me though, or did anyone else have some trouble with the dancy steps? I usually don't do much with step routines so that may be it. It's one that I may have to work my way through to keep up with everyone. Still, I was able to work up a sweat and I guess that was the point.
~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-19, 02:31 PM  
aliskina

Can anybody post the breakdown for PHA 2?
aliskina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe lite reviews, cathe lite rotation, lite reviews, music off option, push up free workout, resistance bands