Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-05-15, 02:30 PM  
Orlita

Aeropilates performer/rebounder - anyone have one?

So, I just nabbed this machine locally for $50 (others listed were like $300). I love the rebounder on the Reformers in my studio, but I realize this probably won't feel as smooth, being that it isn't $$$ equipment (I didn't want to test, as it was late at night & I wasn't entirely comfortable at pickup, though the people were nice & had the machine laid out for me). Now it's in my car, because I have not figured a place for it in the house yet.

This looks like the 4-spring version.

Curious about reviews from you all. I do see some online, and they seem pretty favorable. Boy, some of the people demoing it on videos have terrible form!
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 02:47 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Congrats on your great find! I had one 15 years ago and loved it so much I upgraded to a studio reformer. It's just as good as a studio reformer in many ways. A lot cheaper, too! I knew an instructor who taught on one until she could purchase a bigger reformer. She never found anything wrong with it either. I liked jumping on the performer more than the reformer because it was less impact. Now that I have a knee replacement and a very unstable spine I can't jump at all. I'm sure you'll love it.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-15, 03:50 PM  
Travelmug

Congratulations on your find! I have a bit of "reformer fever" and I've been eyeing an aeropilates model for some time. Let us know how you like it!
Travelmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-15, 08:20 PM  
Sandrine

Hi, Orlita!
Somehow I missed your post, so sorry for the late reply. Last year was my big equipment year, so I ended up with 2 reformers! One is the very basic Aeropilates performer model, the other is Aeropilates' 5 cord, w/rebounder and pull-up bar. Both of mine were great Craigslist deals, also; I didn't want to make a big investment since I wasn't sure how much I would use them.

You got a great deal! Imo, they are very well-made and a good home version of the "real thing". I use mine about 1/week and enjoy the workout. Stretching on the reformer feels especially great.

Did you get any of the aeropilates w/o's with your machine? There are some really good reformer w/o's on youtube also.
Sandrine
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aeropilates, performer, pilates, rebounder, reformer